Fp Is Broken. Again. Just Like The Previous Two Times.

29 replies to this topic

#21 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 26 October 2019 - 02:23 PM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 09 October 2019 - 12:32 AM, said:

Hey, what can I say, I have haters that's why.

i GOT MORE HATERS THAN YOU.

#22 Aivazovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:06 AM

Again... PLS FIX!!
Posted Image

#23 XDevilsChariotX

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 94 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:31 AM

View Postmber, on 06 October 2019 - 03:46 AM, said:

when someone's been *finally* lured away from the QP queue... this doesn't exactly help, and those (lets call them "swing voter") players* probably give 0 ***** about lore.

That be me! Can't stand QP any longer, so been learning the ropes in FP. Careless about lore, just want to play the mode!

#24 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:52 AM

Bump;

FP currently broken.

Needs less lore and more war.

#25 n00biwan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSomerset, UK...

Posted 11 November 2019 - 12:35 PM

I don't think a sentence that reads "After the failed assault on Somewhere Clan Budgie Smugglers takes this chance to launch an assault on the House Nerfclag planet of Whocares." counts as lore?

I know lore heads, probably know the most lore headed lore head of all... this isn't lore, it's fluff, therefore, anyone with fingers can write it. It's deffo not enough to please a lore type person because the conflicts also make no sense.

Lore or no lore, we lika shooty robbits.

#26 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 01:10 PM

Battletech lore is 80% fluff for board game tho.

#27 n00biwan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSomerset, UK...

Posted 11 November 2019 - 01:21 PM

Yes, but there were books and some kind of series that was later dismissed as IS propaganda.

It had some pretty thick cannon along the way, afaik. I'm one of those that first met battletech as a cartoon, our second meeting was MW2, never played TT or owned a TRO. But if I ever own a 3d printer, there will be madcats.

#28 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 11 November 2019 - 01:42 PM

And I thought a faction free for all approach in a single queue would be the best way to keep FP as self sustainable.
Let little events/stories sit on top of that when two factions hit a critical point in the regular conflicts.
Let the players create the story.
Oh well.
These 'FP is broken' threads are looking they will compete for top spot along side 'Can't play in Group Q'
I'll hold out the vague and perhaps slightly delusional hope that we might still get some more changes made to the game.

#29 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:13 PM

I mean, people grokked the stories... because they were events.

That should have been the direction the "story mode" should have gone. Branching events were awesome.

#30 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 11 November 2019 - 06:12 PM

Branching story lines makes for an interesting and engaging structure and I can understand trying to use the different missions as stages to emulate that sense of progression.
It's an awkward approach when working in a PvP game and dealing with 100s of players as that progression was getting controlled at the faction level meaning it was getting dictated to everyone.
It's the same complication we saw with the tug of war when the stage controlled the mission and our game experience became restricted.
Somehow that sense of progression and needing to complete certain missions needed to be managed at the individual player level so players still had all the different missions for variety of play but the contribution to the story arc was handled in little mini campaigns where they had to complete mission A, B and C to advance the story 1 tick in their favour.
Or something like that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users