Forum Censorship

6 replies to this topic

#1 Sneaky Ohgoorchik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 147 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:15 PM

Recently I've seen the following somewhere around:

[color="#009933"]"Due to unconstructive topic, this thread has been closed. Information on reporting in-game or forum misconduct can be found at"[/color]

There was a small thread opened by a guy, who wanted to quit the game, or something. There wasn't anything special going on, just puns on OP, who quit the game too often. The reason to close the thread was "unconstructive thread" or something.

So, I want to ask PGI to not do such things. I played a lot of mmo-games and I've seen a lot of communities. And one of the reasons I stay with this game is: it has very lively and nice official forum. For example the opposite for it will be a forum thread for Gaijin games. They will close your thread right after any semi-useful answer from anyone hits it. At first, maybe, they saw it as the way to fight toxicity, but it ended up being just extremely hostile to anyone posting. Overall, I don't like "community management" I hope it will never spoil this forums.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I just want to mention, that you, PGI, doing a great job for your community by not trying to actively "manage" it, and I do enjoy it. Thank you for it.

#2 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 08:50 AM

REPROTED.

Yeah I dunno, I also feel the moderation here is heavy handed but only for certain people.

#3 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 02:41 PM

Repeat Offenders?

#4 Mr D One

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 18 October 2019 - 07:48 PM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 18 October 2019 - 02:41 PM, said:

Repeat Offenders?

yah that's spot on. Being sith myself for a while it was deserved. But now as a Grey, I walk the balance.

#5 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 02:41 AM

Got done myself once doh I admitted to myself that I perhaps, maybe, possibility crossed a line. Pleading the 5th

#6 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 19 October 2019 - 04:10 PM

View PostSneaky Ohgoorchik, on 07 October 2019 - 03:15 PM, said:

Recently I've seen the following somewhere around:

[color=#009933]"Due to unconstructive topic, this thread has been closed. Information on reporting in-game or forum misconduct can be found at"[/color]

There was a small thread opened by a guy, who wanted to quit the game, or something. There wasn't anything special going on, just puns on OP, who quit the game too often. The reason to close the thread was "unconstructive thread" or something.

I will make mention that it is in the CoC that, if you are going to be quitting the game, that you are not suppose to make posts about "I'm leaving, don't try and stop me". AKA: If you leave the game, just be normal and leave the game. No need for the added drama about it. (Especially, as I think I know who you may be talking about by reputation (not by name), if you've been quitting the game for "years" now and yet never have left...)

There are several things that will close a thread down. To name a few:
- A thread based on "quitting" the game.
- Discussing cheating, how to cheat, or were to get cheats from.
- Talking about moderation upon an account.
- Mentioning in game events (usually of the negative nature) within the forums, while specifying individual players or unit names. (AKA: Report it and let moderation deal with it.)
- Sometimes posting with alternate accounts, especially if the multiple accounts are "teaming up" within a thread to make it appear like several people are "in agreement" with something.

#7 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 30 October 2019 - 01:56 PM

I got a ban once, but I didn't actually know about it until it was over.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users