- - - - -

Armor Skill Tree Confusion

4 replies to this topic

#1 Captain_Chaos

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 08:45 AM

I've seen people do builds where they have a LOT more armor on their mechs than I'm able to allocate. When I ask about this, the generic answer is, "it's in the skill tree". Once I start populating the Survival skill tree, am I supposed to see some extra armor availability to put on my mech in the Loadout area? I'm really confused on this.

#2 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:18 AM

There is a green number next to the total armor on each component indicating the bonus armor you have.

Some mechs also have quirks for more armor, this is also represented by a green number next to the total armor on a particular component.

The same applies to structure.

#3 Captain_Chaos

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:27 AM

So how do I get to allocate those numbers into the armor or does it just happen automatically when I increase my survival skill nodes?

#4 Captain_Chaos

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:56 AM

Never mind, I figured it out.

#5 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 October 2019 - 08:19 AM

For the record, it's automatic. No one can allocate more than the max number of points for a given component for a given weight. All 50 ton mechs have x number of points max for the CT for example. But, the skill nodes add y% which is expressed with the green number. The green number also includes any amount from other quirks. If you have bonus armor on a component, you can see the resulting total when you increase and decrease. At every 7 or 8 points (depends) you'll see the total number jump a digit due to rounding.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users