37 replies to this topic

#1 RogueDK

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 67 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 02 October 2019 - 01:38 PM

Between the group que being completely dead and the persistent server lag, I just have to ask if there's even any point to come into these forums anymore and tell PGI things we would like see changed or fixed.
What made me actually take time to come in here and write this post was my last match where I got shot right through the terrain in Frozen City. I saw the lasers pass right through the damn thing and do pinpoint damage to the only part of my mech that was without armor.

[Redacted] or the servers needs some serious tlc.

But is PGI even still working on MWO at all ?

Edited by draiocht, 12 October 2019 - 02:18 PM.
unconstructive, replies removed

#2 Vanguard836

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 02 October 2019 - 01:51 PM

Just my guess but the game after 7 years is winding down for sure, in regards to development however I'd be more inclined to think that as many people as possible have been shifted to help out on MW5's development. If more development is to come then I don't think we'll see anything major before MW5 is pushed out or a small amount of time after if more patches are required to stabilize it or what not.

#3 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 02 October 2019 - 02:03 PM

Mwo development is dead jim. Be happy the game is still online in an as-is state. That's all I expect from pgi as far as mwo is concerned in post mw5. I know some companies like ubisoft will let you access their older games catalog/servers to install if you email them about it being able to prove you have a legit copy of the game. I doubt pgi would ever do such a thing.

#4 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 02 October 2019 - 03:20 PM

View PostRogueDK, on 02 October 2019 - 01:38 PM, said:

But is PGI even still working on MWO at all ?

No, they do not. See the patch notes for last three-four months.

And it shows:
Posted Image

In theory, they may put in some effort after they release MW5, but by then it will be a ghost town, so unlikely.

It disgusts me to be so pessimistic, but i think it's all over already. Posted Image

#5 Lovas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 436 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 03:34 PM

Still waiting for the game they promised at their launch party....they stopped doing anything major to this game years ago.

#6 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 02 October 2019 - 03:36 PM

What made me actually take time to come in here and write this post was my last match where I got shot right through the terrain in Frozen City. I saw the lasers pass right through the damn thing and do pinpoint damage to the only part of my mech that was without armor.

[Redacted]

depending on your PC and game settings whole mountains can disappear and reappear, etc.
it is possible to shoot through gaps in terrain and there are many more than first impressions give. some people have been playing a long, long time and can poke through obstacles. me personally I always drop arti on myself trying to peek gaps but I am tier potato compared to some of these guys.

also the servers can be screwy. we opened a siege gate, then I dc, then I return and the gate is shut but opens before I shoot it, but it was open the whole time if you ask my enemy but we just couldn't shoot each other, hence I was alive when I relogged.
S P A C E M A G I C .

Edited by draiocht, 12 October 2019 - 02:27 PM.
Quote Clean-up

#7 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 06:44 PM

people dont come to the forum to talk to pgi. they come here to complain about pgi and the state of the game in general.

and im convinced that pgi hasn't written a single line of code since they lost their original programmer.

#8 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 07:45 PM

View PostSigmar Sich, on 02 October 2019 - 03:20 PM, said:

No, they do not. See the patch notes for last three-four months.

And it shows:
Posted Image

In theory, they may put in some effort after they release MW5, but by then it will be a ghost town, so unlikely.

It disgusts me to be so pessimistic, but i think it's all over already. Posted Image

What's sad is that PGI, by its silence and inaction, is doing nothing to stop the hemorrhaging. That's like saying we don't care anymore, and the game might as well be dead so they can move on.

#9 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 02 October 2019 - 09:46 PM

I just have to ask if there's even any point to come into these forums anymore and tell PGI things we would like see changed or fixed.

Even when they were supporting MWO pgi never came to its own forums. Russ said it was too depressing as I remember.
They used to go over to reddit and such but not here :)

#10 Tetatae Squawkins

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,028 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Kaetetôã

Posted 02 October 2019 - 10:25 PM

I am dumbfounded that the game lived this long.

#11 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 11:22 PM

Game is actively supported; not actively developed.

#12 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 11:38 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 02 October 2019 - 11:34 PM, said:

[Redacted]

NO.

Gonna nip this right here; the maps have some wonky LODs. You can force a certain level of LOD through cfg files.

Edited by draiocht, 12 October 2019 - 02:20 PM.
Quote Clean-up

#13 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 03 October 2019 - 06:04 AM

View PostAnjian, on 02 October 2019 - 07:45 PM, said:

What's sad is that PGI, by its silence and inaction, is doing nothing to stop the hemorrhaging. That's like saying we don't care anymore, and the game might as well be dead so they can move on.

This is exactly how i understand their silence - MWO is an expired commodity they can't be bothered with.

But they will not tell you this, afraiding a backlash for MW5. Just remember how long they delayed Epic announcement, and even then they were forced by leak.

So for me it is one last waiting - a few months after MW5 release, to see if any further effort will be put in MWO.
But again, i dread to see the player count by that time.

#14 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 07:58 AM

I can see new players coming to MWO through MW5.

It's just that right now PGI needs everyone they can get on MW5, and once MW5 is released they can start switching that team between MWO and MW5.

#15 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 03 October 2019 - 08:57 AM

View PostAnjian, on 02 October 2019 - 07:45 PM, said:

What silence?

Russ came out some 4-5 months ago and said there would be no real dev time and MW5 was the priority because it was SOOO far behind schedule. A schedule that, after 18 months of delaying the launch date, was pushed again.

#16 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:54 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 03 October 2019 - 08:57 AM, said:

What silence?

Russ came out some 4-5 months ago and said there would be no real dev time...

I think that 4-5 months of subsequent “silence” since Russ’s announcement is the issue (ignoring one’s subjective take on the tone, and subjective in-advisability of the announcement itself).

We’ve all watched and/or experienced first hand the seemingly precipitous drop off in population (not to mention enthusiasm) for MWO since that announcement, and yet only Matt (via his various sales and events) is the only dev seemingly active in trying to hold things together. But even his efforts are only about the here and now. None of the devs have really made any indication of any sort regarding MWO having a future (beyond Paul’s vague assurance that his engineers continue looking for further CW fixes in the next patch, which is great and all, but that too doesn’t hint at great things to come, ya know what I mean?).

I think this relative “silence” is exacerbating the population loss that Russ’s last announcement triggered. If Russ had Paul, or Tina, or even better, Matt (I think he has the most favorable reputation among the greater community) occasionally posting things along the lines of:

“Hey everyone, we know the patch this month is pretty thin, and the next several months will be likewise, but don’t worry! While all our efforts are focused on MW5 right now, once we have that in the can and ready for beta and then release, we still have lots of great stuff planned for MWO.”

Or if Russ himself would have framed MWO’s future in those sorts of terms, instead of what he actually said in the announcement (not going to rehash it again), then maybe folks would have a bit of hope that MWO has a future, and we wouldn’t be seeing/feeling this ‘rats from a sinking ship’ vibe that seems to be prevalent since his EPIC/MWO maintenance mode announcement.

But instead all we have is the effective “silence” that has followed since Russ’s announcement. The lack of even a pretense of enthusiasm for the game or it’s future by any of the devs, be it here, Reddit or even their various twitter accounts is not helping staunch the “hemorrhaging” mentioned above, and I think it has perhaps made it even worse than it otherwise might have been. Unfortunately, I think their “silence” is intentional because they actually don’t intend for MWO to have much of a future.

#17 MadcatX

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:32 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 03 October 2019 - 09:54 AM, said:

But instead all we have is the effective “silence” that has followed since Russ’s announcement. The lack of even a pretense of enthusiasm for the game or it’s future by any of the devs, be it here, Reddit or even their various twitter accounts is not helping staunch the “hemorrhaging” mentioned above, and I think it has perhaps made it even worse than it otherwise might have been. Unfortunately, I think their “silence” is intentional because they actually don’t intend for MWO to have much of a future.

I'm going to go one step further and state that I am quite certain their silence is intentional because they don't intend for MWO to have much of a future and thus care very little about the population loss. I do believe they stated in a tweet a while back that they were losing money on MW:O at that point. Only thing one can hope for is that they take some of that MW5 money to keep the servers up and running as long as possible. Can't speak for others but I know I still have a couple mech build ideas that I'd like to try out.

#18 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:48 AM

Posted Image

#19 RogueDK

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 67 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 03 October 2019 - 05:00 PM

I admit I was kinda hoping for a dev blurb in here. If nothing else just "Its still supported." would have been nice.
As it is I'm certainly not buying any more MC for now.

Thanks to everyone whos taken the time to reply here so far. Let's all secretly hope PGI sees the light and spends the year in Epic-limbo on MW5s multiplayer... eh? Posted Image

#20 GoatHILL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 399 posts
  • LocationA dark corner

Posted 03 October 2019 - 05:34 PM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 12 October 2019 - 02:00 PM.
inappropriate reference

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users