4 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:50 AM

When it comes to Halloween, we all, or at least most of us, have a favorite treat. Now my top three favorites of that spooky night would have to be:

1. Mars Bars
2. M&M's
3. 3 Musketeers

Have yet to have anyone offer me a slice of Death by Chocolate

Posted Image

Edited by Kalimaster, 11 October 2019 - 07:51 AM.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:51 PM

i have to go to juneau for a couple days next week, i figure il get my candy there. around here its up to $6 a bag for the good stuff. i just hope the tsa doesn't confiscate it.

#3 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 07:15 AM

As long as you are not a doctor you shouldn't have a problem with TSA, but if you are - you must admit, their rates are hard to "beat".

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 04:57 PM

i scored a 4 pound bag of reese's products. i ate some of it at the airport. which brings me to my rant.

why do they need to crank the heat in the airport above the point where chocolate melts! the hotel was like that too. i had all the heaters off or what i thought was off (idk why hotel thermostats have to use vague arbitrary numbers instead of actual temperature values), but i had to open the window to be comfortable. if you are baking in a single layer of clothes the temperature is too damn high. it wasn't just hotels and airports, the heat was way too high on the bus, in the store where i bought the candy and pretty much every other place i went in town.

and its the completely opposite problem in hot climates, cranking it down to a brisk 60 degrees, which is no more comfortable than 75. this is why most electric companies push the value of 68f, i prefer it closer to 70f as my apartment is rather drafty and the tile floor gets cold and they don't make kitten slippers in size 14. heating/cooling buildings is one of the biggest energy consuming things that humans do. you would think with so many pro environment types out there that people would choose sane values for their thermostats.

#5 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 07:41 AM

I actually like cooler temps, and love winter, mainly because after a fresh powder of snow the land just glistens as the morning sun comes up, and how ice forms along roof lines in unmatched beauty.

Then when someone is not expecting it as they take an early morning jog...snowball surprise!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users