66 replies to this topic

#41 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 16 October 2019 - 01:03 PM

If your atlas doesn't have lrms you're doing it wrong.

#42 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 01:03 PM

#twotaglasersincaseIloseone

#43 Armored Yokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,949 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 16 October 2019 - 01:16 PM

Make nest and let them come to you or just let them run around in circles
Posted Image

#44 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 01:56 PM

View PostGuardDogg, on 16 October 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

Some Assault mechs are omni, and you can not change the engines. So, in all do not bring out Assault omni mechs you are saying as well.

The only "slow" omni assault mech is the dire wolf. The Executioner, blood asp and warhawk do 64.8 and can easily keep up with a nascar if the pilot pays attention. The executioners can sprint faster using the MASC system in brief bursts.

#45 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 07:56 AM

This conversation is years and years old.

Due to map design of a large central obstruction, mixed teams and weights/speeds and that 99% of the player base has no real grasp or interest in grasping any strategic approach to anything NASCAR is inevitable. Fast mechs want to catch someone out on the other side. Both do the same thing. There's a big obstruction in the middle of the map. Going ON to it usually involves taking risk and a big segment of players are, quite literally, abject cowards.

This is a huge part of why Solaris was never going to be a thing.

Nobody to hold locks. Nobody to meatshield for you. Winning or losing based on your own performance isn't a behavior that tends to get learned in MWO.

Which is okay. That's the game. Learning to play around and with the NASCAR is as much part of playing pug matches in MWO as heat management.

#46 Dashen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 09:34 AM

I regret having reinstalled this game, this comunity has gone completely on meth 100% . Unsanctioned nascar is for losers, that's why people lose matches .

This comunity lacks the winner's mentality, if you cannot grasp the concept of teamwork you deserve to lose, in fact, you are the reason this game is dying, not pgi.

There is a reason assault mechs are slow, it's because they bring a truckload of pain, forgoing them for your silly ego of chasing down one of them is a prime example of bad gameplay which leads to salt, which leads to this game being a barren land of salt.

Start working with the team instead of being proud of running 327 kph in a fighting game.

#47 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 20 October 2019 - 09:43 AM

View PostDashen, on 20 October 2019 - 09:34 AM, said:

I regret having reinstalled this game, this comunity has gone completely on meth 100% . Unsanctioned nascar is for losers, that's why people lose matches .

This comunity lacks the winner's mentality, if you cannot grasp the concept of teamwork you deserve to lose, in fact, you are the reason this game is dying, not pgi.

There is a reason assault mechs are slow, it's because they bring a truckload of pain, forgoing them for your silly ego of chasing down one of them is a prime example of bad gameplay which leads to salt, which leads to this game being a barren land of salt.

Start working with the team instead of being proud of running 327 kph in a fighting game.

QP is not for team play. Its the racing/learning mode of mwo. If you want teamwork you play FP or comp

#48 Dashen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 09:52 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 20 October 2019 - 09:43 AM, said:

QP is not for team play. Its the racing/learning mode of mwo. If you want teamwork you play FP or comp

your opinion is wrong, this is a TEAM game, blue team and red team, you work togheter you win, it's fact, and facts don't give a damn about your opinion. Just because you have to work with strangers doesn't mean you don't have to do it.

#49 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 10:02 AM

View PostDashen, on 20 October 2019 - 09:52 AM, said:

your opinion is wrong, this is a TEAM game, blue team and red team, you work togheter you win, it's fact, and facts don't give a damn about your opinion. Just because you have to work with strangers doesn't mean you don't have to do it.

keep telling yourself that as your "team" leaves you to die and then think about who's confusing facts and opinion here :)

#50 Dashen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 10:06 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 20 October 2019 - 10:02 AM, said:

keep telling yourself that as your "team" leaves you to die and then think about who's confusing facts and opinion here Posted Image

Keep telling yourself that fp is where it's at when it's primarily made by 4 people, because that's where this game will end if you keep this attitude and make people leave instead of staying.

#51 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 10:19 AM

How am I making anyone leave? I'm just pointing out that FP is the mode where you will generally see teamwork, especially dropping with people you know, while QP is the mode where you will generally not see teamwork. It's just the reality of what's happening, my opinion or any of my actions have nothing to do with it. I tried to team play in QP for a very long time, and have come to the conclusion it's just not happening, and having the expectation of playing in a team when hitting that quickplay button is just a recipe for frustration.

#52 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 10:32 AM

Yeah - certainly you should not be expecting team work in quick play. Yes, there are 11 other pilots who probably won't shoot at you, but make no mistake - you are completely alone. Play accordingly and you can still be successful.

#53 Dashen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 10:55 AM

I am perfectly aware that people play like mindless sheeps, the game is still a team arena shooter, if you want to win you gotta play togheter. otherwise it's just as i said before "the losers mentality" where you come up with stupid sentences like nascar is life, nascar is 50/50.

And the circle comes to a close when i said the comunity is the worst, and that's because the accept and enjoy being losers or on the losing side as long as the push the nitro button.

PVP is for winners, if you ain't gonna play to win you're doing pvp wrong.

#54 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 20 October 2019 - 11:40 AM

View PostDashen, on 20 October 2019 - 10:55 AM, said:

Playing for the win doesn't always result in the most fun though. A single Spider-5V with cap accel playing to win can deny the other twenty three players in the match that very thing.

Also is the goal always the win? Some people farm matchscore competitively, some have the mission of building up c-bills. Playing to win in the most efficient manner can run contrary to these competing goals.

A truly symetrical NASCAR prolongs the game as your tail is eaten you eat theirs, slowly but symmetrically reducing the number of active players. Fewer players = longer ttk which extends enjoyment for those who survive to the end. Why should salt from assaults outweigh the fun and joy lights experience or the average experience the mediums will end with?

#55 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 11:55 AM

That's because playing for the objective is more often than not stupid.

The game literally only has objectives to punish static play.

Nascar is a side effect of big engine stomp meta.

A lot of the time I see people ***** about nascar, when it's really just everyone on one team holding W. If your team just W keys into a line THAT IS NOT A NASCAR.

#56 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 12:16 PM

View PostDashen, on 20 October 2019 - 10:55 AM, said:

I am perfectly aware that people play like mindless sheeps, the game is still a team arena shooter, if you want to win you gotta play togheter. otherwise it's just as i said before "the losers mentality" where you come up with stupid sentences like nascar is life, nascar is 50/50.

And the circle comes to a close when i said the comunity is the worst, and that's because the accept and enjoy being losers or on the losing side as long as the push the nitro button.

and again: play FP: no nascar, people play together, etc. Otherwise either nascar in QP or keep yelling at your monitor because most other QP players will

#57 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 20 October 2019 - 12:20 PM

View PostDashen, on 20 October 2019 - 09:34 AM, said:

I regret having reinstalled this game, this comunity has gone completely on meth 100% ...

Speak for yourself! I don't do drugs … at least not the ones not prescribed by my doctors.

View PostSpheroid, on 20 October 2019 - 11:40 AM, said:

Playing for the win doesn't always result in the most fun though. A single Spider-5V with cap accel playing to win can deny the other twenty three players in the match that very thing.

You're welcome! Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 20 October 2019 - 12:20 PM.

#58 Thiccacuga

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 01:38 PM

The best way to counter a nascar is to not be in it. I went sniping in a stalker using 4xERLL, went from T5 to currently T2 while my team whined about me not joining them in their epic A presses.

Now if everyone had this mentality we'd all be winners.

Edited by CuddlyZebesian, 20 October 2019 - 01:38 PM.

#59 Anomalocaris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 671 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 02:15 PM

If two teams NASCAR and one wins, then you can't really blame NASCAR for the loss, amiright?

You can swim against the stream or you can steer with the current. Read your team and minimap and decide accordingly.

#60 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 05:09 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 16 October 2019 - 01:03 PM, said:

If your atlas doesn't have lrms you're doing it wrong.

Posted Image

Why isn't there a dislike button?

Edited by DrtyDshSoap, 20 October 2019 - 05:14 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users