O-Gen Weak Spots?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Thunderfrog

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Participant
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 06:04 PM

Dropped about 10 minutes ago, IS attacker vs clan defender.

How the **** do we damage the o generators? The entire match the team literally did 0 damage to it. I cannot fathom the thought that our whole team didn't know what to look for. I watched a push between enemy waves where 5 mechs fire on it endlessly with no result.

Is there a bug where they are invincible or something?

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 14 October 2019 - 06:09 PM

The OGen had 4 sides.

You can only shoot the side without the mesh, where the spinning generator is.
The side without mesh is usually facing inward to the centre so it cannot be sniped from outside gates/odd angles etc. Some maps like Emerald Taiga the opening is facing the rear (so it cannot be sniped outside the gate).

There is no bug, only players that have no idea whats going on. That said everyone was probably too busy shooting enemy mechs, that is the aim. Clear the mechs first and then worry about generators - in that order.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 14 October 2019 - 06:10 PM.

#3 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 06:11 PM

Mechs > Turrets > gens

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 14 October 2019 - 06:17 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 14 October 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

Mechs > Turrets > gens

I'd go Turrents > Mechs personally... Simply becuase most players can't aim. The turrets can.

#5 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 09:19 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 14 October 2019 - 06:17 PM, said:

I'd go Turrents > Mechs personally... Simply becuase most players can't aim. The turrets can.

lol. I'll take free shots on turrets if there isn't anything higher priority nearby. The turrets don't have a lot of health.

The turrets have annoying levels of accuracy, but the DPS is much lower than a mech in front of you with a lot of **** ****.

#6 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 October 2019 - 12:25 AM

View PostThunderfrog, on 14 October 2019 - 06:04 PM, said:

Dropped about 10 minutes ago, IS attacker vs clan defender.

How the **** do we damage the o generators? The entire match the team literally did 0 damage to it. I cannot fathom the thought that our whole team didn't know what to look for. I watched a push between enemy waves where 5 mechs fire on it endlessly with no result.

Is there a bug where they are invincible or something?

There's a window in one of the O-gen's longer sides that exposes the interior. That's what you need to shoot.

#7 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 16 October 2019 - 05:03 AM

Missions are hard. Not everyone is experienced enough to understand parameters beyond "kill the bad guys."

#8 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 16 October 2019 - 06:02 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 16 October 2019 - 05:03 AM, said:

Missions are hard. Not everyone is experienced enough to understand parameters beyond "kill the bad guys."

Fighting enemies is hard. Not everyone is experienced enough to be able to hit anything beyond literally a barn door

#9 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:10 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 16 October 2019 - 06:02 AM, said:

Fighting enemies is hard. Not everyone is experienced enough to be able to hit anything beyond literally a barn door

Well, if you'd learn how to hold locks while facetanking damage, that wouldn't be half the issue it is, now would it?

#10 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 October 2019 - 10:20 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 14 October 2019 - 09:19 PM, said:

lol. I'll take free shots on turrets if there isn't anything higher priority nearby. The turrets don't have a lot of health.

The turrets have annoying levels of accuracy, but the DPS is much lower than a mech in front of you with a lot of **** ****.

Turrets having low health it exactly why it pays off to shoot them first, you get firepower off the field quickly with very low opportunity cost. Think of it this way: the turret will shoot you more times while you kill the mech than the mech will while you kill the turret, therefore shooting the mech first is a tempo disadvantage that equals more incoming damage in the same timeframe.

#11 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 03:11 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 14 October 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

Mechs > Turrets > gens

turrets are usually a couple alphas. significantly less if you have 2 or 3 people. i usually delete them as i see em, unlike the bulk of mechs they do not miss.

last night i took out a gen while i waited for the rear to catch up. there was nothing else in my firing arc at the time and my heat was low. so i did a slow burn from my low heat weapons, avoiding saturating my heat bar. it even drew out a couple enemies who immediately got ganked but the firing line.

i dont like hard rules of thumb like this. if there's an opportunity to get something done that helps secure a win, you best take it. they will be gone before you know it.

Edited by LordNothing, 26 October 2019 - 03:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users