What Was The Atm Min Range Again?

12 replies to this topic

#1 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 04:58 AM

Haven't played for some time. What is the ATMs min range again? I remember something with 90m but in the testing grounds it seams to be broken as I sometimes get damage at 100m and sometimes I have to go back to around 150 - 200 m to get hits again.

PS: Why isn't the minimal range there in the tooltips with all the other stats?
And no the graph below gives you nothing in real information other then there is a minimal range, no exact numbers.

#2 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:38 AM

120 meters. Though I often see people shooting at much less and wasting heat and ammo so it does seem to not be as common knowledge as one would hope.

#3 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:56 AM

Well the "help" tip in the mechlab dosn't state the value so I bet some people either never noticed or just don't count pixels or have like I a broken experiance in the testing grounds. That PGI never implemented such an importend information into the Mechlab is beyond me. Espacialy new players won't know whats happening.

Beside that, I rember that it happend to me too that I fire to close because I turn around, saw a target and get a fire solution and press fire before I took my time looking at the range finder.

Anyway thanks for the info.

Edited by Nesutizale, 17 October 2019 - 05:59 AM.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 06:15 PM

shoot now, ask questions later.

#5 Black Caiman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 04:50 AM

I find that although its supposed to be 120, that most ATMs fired inside of 130 don't register any damage. I use 130 as my hard fast rule on them.

#6 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 05:38 AM

View PostBlack Caiman, on 18 October 2019 - 04:50 AM, said:

I find that although its supposed to be 120, that most ATMs fired inside of 130 don't register any damage. I use 130 as my hard fast rule on them.

Enemy closing the distance while ATMs are on the fight?

#7 KhanBhacKeD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 280 posts
  • LocationDans les branches du skill tree

Posted 18 October 2019 - 05:50 AM

Remember That 120min range is the distance your missiles travelled. Ans not thé distance when you Fired. Remember too that the distance on red square is a distance to a point inside the ennemy mech (let’s say it’s GC) so a bit overestimated distance.

#8 A1Ste4kSauce

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 55 posts
  • LocationLA/OC

Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:09 PM

For a while there, every time I hopped back in an ATM mech, I had to google this. You'd think the mechlab would display this "crap" clearly, not with a stupid "butt" visual graph. #pgi

Edited by A1Ste4kSauce, 18 October 2019 - 06:15 PM.

#9 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:14 PM

It's erratic as all hell in-game, but it is supposedly 120m.

Things like range quirks affect it though, in the negative sense that a +10% range is just an idiotic 10% extension on all range parameters instead of +10% on good ranges and -10% or no change on minimum ranges.

#10 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:43 PM

That is the range the missile travels which can be different from what was indicated on the lock box for a couple of reasons.

Most often its because range is, AFAIK, calculated from about the center of the model. The missile launchers can sit a couple of meters out further than that. Also because people will tend to face rush an ATM mech, especially if they're close, mostly because **** atms and the people that use them amirite.

In general tho; you want to be at about 145 meters to truly leverage the sheer skill it takes to get the circle near the square and dump 108 damage into a mech with a skill eagle.

#11 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 19 October 2019 - 04:47 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 17 October 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

shoot now, ask questions later.

Poor woman. Posted Image

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 18 October 2019 - 05:38 AM, said:

Enemy closing the distance while ATMs are on the fight?

Which is why it's better to shoot the enemy in the back. Posted Image

View PostGilgamecc, on 18 October 2019 - 06:14 PM, said:

It's erratic as all hell in-game, but it is supposedly 120m.

Things like range quirks affect it though, in the negative sense that a +10% range is just an idiotic 10% extension on all range parameters instead of +10% on good ranges and -10% or no change on minimum ranges.

Posted Image

#12 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 07:34 AM

View PostGilgamecc, on 18 October 2019 - 06:14 PM, said:

I have allways wondered about that. I had hoped that it would be at least made so that the minimal range isn't touched and only max range is changed but all values...

#13 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 09:39 AM

Range quirks and skill tree should have no effect on minimum range, I am pretty sure they don't.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users