No replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 17 October 2019 - 10:17 AM

Yesterday I found a new gaming store....as tempted as I am to give name and location of store I'm not.

At first I thought that business might be slow as only one other car was on the lot, and as perhaps to the dank nature of the building (cinder block, no windows, and only one door). Not very appealing. As I walk in I discovered several gaming tables for 40k - - I was thrilled. Then the guy behind the counter approached. I told him what I intended to purchase....STOP! "I can't do that" he said, "No exceptions". The items I wanted to buy, well, he would not get for me.

No special orders either.

I was informed that he often has a sell out crowd and he sell to "Sanctioned Players Only". That was to say, players deemed worthy supposedly by the makes of Warhammer. Did not know that was a thing...imagine that. I fetched a box of the shelf and told me that the new release item was about to be "discontinued" and he could not sell any of the dozen or so identical models on the shelf because of this. I thought that flashing the half dozen bills would change his mind...after all, it seemed that I was his only customer. I was informed that he was waiting of some "big venders" from the companies who come in...about once a year in the early summer, and perhaps I could talk to one of them.

For once, I was glad to have eaten at Taco Bell as I let my heart felt expression loose as I departed the store. Hopefully I'll find a few pieces to add to my collection, just won't be spending any Franklins or even a Washington in his store.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users