Fp Queue

41 replies to this topic

#1 Pairodice

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 09:32 PM

So, this is happening very often, sometimes multiple times in a row...

I join the queue with like 2/5 ppl in it. 2 min timer runs out and it tells me that my group will be next. Population rises slowly, 4/6 - 6/8 - 6/10 - 11/10 - 15/13, sometimes with a spike from another faction play where it shows 23/25 and so on.
After the next timer runs out with obvious enough ppl to play the queue drops to like 1/3 and im not in and have to wait another period of like 20 min.

I saw streamer either solo or in a small group joining the queue 5 min or even more after me who get to play before me and im still waiting.

And i even can't do anything like working on mechs or dropdecks but staring on that stupid timer.

Happened to me again today, 2 times in a row, over 30 min of waiting till i left the queue frustrated, what a waste of time.
At the moment im spending more time to watch twitch streams cause of the waiting time rather than playing the game itself.

#2 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 19 October 2019 - 09:49 PM

View PostPairodice, on 19 October 2019 - 09:32 PM, said:

it tells me that my group will be next

This is a lie. There are multiple conditions under which you will not be next, including qued groups sizes, combinations, solo player rating, etc.

#3 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 20 October 2019 - 06:59 PM

FP works in a manner where groups of large and similar sizes are pitted against each other. If there are no 12-man group on the other side, then many groups of varying sizes will be teamed up and pitted against one very large group. If you're a solo and there are groups in the queue, you won't be getting into a match unless you're need to fill out a spot. Why? FW is group-centric and is meant to be that way. The best thing for you to do is make some friends and deploy together. Then make more friends and deploy in even bigger groups. You'll be getting matches faster.

Also, the "your team is next" is not a very poorly worded message. It means that you're next unless a bigger group of people join the same queue.

#4 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 08:49 PM

Make groups of 6 or larger to greatly reduce the chances of being skipped

#5 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:49 AM

This is actually easy to understand mechanically if you take a step back and look at it.

QP favors solos, FP favors groups.

That's pretty evident when you realize that groups have the same issue getting into QP matches that solos do getting into FP. If you don't want to get passed over, then group up with someone. Even a 2 man group has priority over solos in FP.

#6 Siluss

• Pip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 01:42 PM

Yea you say that because you get into FP easier you get to rep faster and gain perks faster.

You dont get that with QP so QP < FP of course you dont want them to change it.

#7 Lone Wolf CL

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 06:35 PM

I came here for the same reason. How come I'm put aside to let 2 groups that joined the queue after me take priority over me? How on earth I should have less rights than them to play the game?

Are you a group with 12 guys eager to play the game? Well, you have to fkn wait because I arrived earlier. Period.

#8 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 26 October 2019 - 06:57 PM

View PostLone Wolf CL, on 26 October 2019 - 06:35 PM, said:

I came here for the same reason. How come I'm put aside to let 2 groups that joined the queue after me take priority over me? How on earth I should have less rights than them to play the game?

Are you a group with 12 guys eager to play the game? Well, you have to fkn wait because I arrived earlier. Period.

Nope, you came to play a team centric mode solo, you have to wait because you chose not to team up, sorry but that's how it is. You can play the mode solo, I do sometimes, but expect to be filler for the que.

#9 Siluss

• Pip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 08:51 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 26 October 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

Nope, you came to play a team centric mode solo, you have to wait because you chose not to team up, sorry but that's how it is. You can play the mode solo, I do sometimes, but expect to be filler for the queue.

because its so easy to group or find groups in the game. if they want to have a solo vs group system then give some rep bonuses to those who play quick matches. if you think that is unfair then they need to change the system for faction play.

it doesnt have to be like that guy above was complaining about but have it be a fairer system. if say 7 single players are waiting and a large group comes in. say 8 people in the system they have 3 people would be pushed off till next time. you cant break the group up. but say you have 10 people waiting in queue and a group of 12 come in then 2 more come in the group of 12 will wait till next time because the others were waiting longer.

#10 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 09:04 PM

If you're not flexible to adapt to the system, you wait. Forming or joining a group isn't hard at all, just check out the subforums in FP section. Aside from this, your choices are to wait or not play.

#11 Rustyhammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationSydney, AU

Posted 27 October 2019 - 02:25 PM

For how many years players were bitching that it's unfair when a bunch of randoms facing big groups in the group-oriented mode?
PGI finally listened.
Now groups have priority and players start bitching that they want to drop as a bunch of randoms and face big groups.
Go figure...

#12 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 27 October 2019 - 03:51 PM

View PostRustyhammer, on 27 October 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

For how many years players were bitching that it's unfair when a bunch of randoms facing big groups in the group-oriented mode? PGI finally listened. Now groups have priority and players start bitching that they want to drop as a bunch of randoms and face big groups. Go figure...

It's almost like people are *****.

#13 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 27 October 2019 - 09:23 PM

when there are 30+ people on each side then the groups fight the groups and the solos fight the solos and nobody waits more than 5mins for a game.
why don't you tell all the solo people you play QP with to come play faction and then everyones problems are solved?
if a group of twelve unit players turned up to fight twelve randoms in quickplay I think you would say it is not fair and I wonder why you wish to subject yourself to this, four times over with no escape?
am I to gather from your comments that you think that if you are in queue first then the game should make two groups of twelve players wait and not play because you will be skipped? I thought I was the resident potato... who brought this guy?

#14 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 10:19 PM

FP is a team-centric mode.

It tells you as much the first time you click the button.

Well, you have to fkn wait because I arrived earlier.

I too, am a unique and beautiful snowflake.

Edited by Prototelis, 27 October 2019 - 10:20 PM.

#15 Paul Meyers DEST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 539 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:56 AM

View PostNightbird, on 26 October 2019 - 09:04 PM, said:

If you're not flexible to adapt to the system, you wait. Forming or joining a group isn't hard at all, just check out the subforums in FP section. Aside from this, your choices are to wait or not play.

And check the LFG, there are often People with an open Group you can join, and you usually dont get skipped.

#16 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 05:21 AM

Here's an idea so simple, even PGI couldn't screw it up too badly....

Why not have a group and solo queue for both? Meaning that the group queue favors groups (taking them first) and the solo queue favors individuals (taking them first).

One would think that after a couple of days, you'd see which one is getting more use. It'd kinda end the argument.

#17 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 05:31 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 28 October 2019 - 05:21 AM, said:

Here's an idea so simple, even PGI couldn't screw it up too badly....

Why not have a group and solo queue for both? Meaning that the group queue favors groups (taking them first) and the solo queue favors individuals (taking them first).

One would think that after a couple of days, you'd see which one is getting more use. It'd kinda end the argument.

Yes. We had a solo queue once, no one used it. The end.

#18 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:19 AM

View PostNightbird, on 28 October 2019 - 05:31 AM, said:

Yes. We had a solo queue once, no one used it. The end.

Partially true. Nobody in groups used it. I played a whole lot of matches in FP with solos, so yeah....it got used.

#19 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 329 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:40 AM

@Willard: what year was that, and how many players we had then, and how many we have now?

#20 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:43 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 28 October 2019 - 06:19 AM, said:

Partially true. Nobody in groups used it. I played a whole lot of matches in FP with solos, so yeah....it got used.

Given that after two days only 2 matches with solos were run, and people created units to escape from the hell that is the solo queue, it's one of the poorest receptions to a new feature ever. PGI reverted the change after 3 days.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users