1 reply to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 21 October 2019 - 08:36 AM

I made an order for an item that only costs around 4 dollars (U.S.). The shipping charge, to get the item, is 12 dollars. That is not including having to make a 40 mile round trip to make a freaking U.S. postal money order because the stupid town I live in is so far in the boonies that if you want anything you have to drive twenty freaking miles.Posted Image

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:12 PM

the only problem i have with high shipping is when there is a cheaper way to send it and they dont give you the option for some reason. there was one time i tried to order some dev boards from adafruit and they decided that the $50+ shipping they wanted me to pay for $15 worth of stuff was fair and would not provide any alternate shipping options (fortunately their stuff is open source and i found the same boards from a chinese board house instead for only $2). this seems to happen any time someone has an exclusive contract with a particular shipping company. got to love exclusives.

especially ups. because that's the one service that does not like shipping to alaska. its not uncommon to see a $50+ shipping rate for even a small item and will avoid businesses with a ups only contract. fedex usually finds a way to get it here and it gets transferred to the post office, and they got a 2 day service that gets it here in 4-6 days, and its usually $20 and i have to pick it up. if i can i prefer to just use usps priority which can ship as fast as the fedex 2day service at half the cost. whats absent are the economy services, where im in no hurry to get the thing and it can take a month or two, and i want to spend less than $10. and idk what amazon is doing but i like it. i keep finding my packages at the doorstep in a town where you have to walk 2 and a half klicks just to get your mail. idk who they are shipping through, i think they just have their own drivers.

Edited by LordNothing, 22 October 2019 - 07:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users