Why You Should Nascar And Clear Comms For Positivity.

73 replies to this topic

#21 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 21 October 2019 - 11:19 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 21 October 2019 - 08:03 PM, said:

hahaha 32%

Yeah, someone caught me online, and I accepted invite, gotta play if I group . . meant to be lower for suckers , I'll get it below 20 again, if I decide to log back in

#22 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 11:23 PM

View PostXaat Xuun, on 21 October 2019 - 06:55 PM, said:

LOL .. real men . . if you're part of that, bet you think this line is Six inches

|-----------------------------------------------------------------------|

NASCAR are for those that are unable to be situational aware, and don't know how to trade

View PostDrtyDshSoap, on 21 October 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

For the nay sayers that says NASCARing is stupid and dumb and doesn't work, you probably aren't very good to begin with anyways so maybe be quiet and let real men do the meching.

NEXT.

View PostRosh87, on 21 October 2019 - 10:08 PM, said:

I respect Dirty and have played many fights with and against, but I would (politely) counter that you cannot, in seriousness argue that a 48.6 kmh Inner Sphere Assault mech can POSSIBLY keep up with 70-81kmh or better mechs, on most of the heavy rotation maps.

As someone noted, if you get the "far left drop" on HPG - and are in one of those 48.6'ers - you are sometimes forced to sit there and "wait for the first complete rotation around" or risk getting annihilated (no pun intended) by rushing enemy Lights or even mediums if they move their closest Lance into your "far left Spawn" one.

Granted, that's a specific map example and "worst case scenario" - but just, in general, you can't keep up with the vast majority of mechs in those 48.6ers', even if you are "pressing W" from the start. Depending on Team Comp, I have sometimes been the only Assault in the match (rare, but does happen), and the rest of the team is Clan heavies going 81-97 kmh, or better. You simply cannot "keep up with" those speeds, if those leading mechs decide to "never stop" and support you. Some basic team-support is needed / hoped for (in those circumstances) - imho.

Ah ha! I knew this would come about and here is my retort -
You can rotate with your team albeit you'll have to A. Expose yourself quite a bit, and B. Cut through the center of the NASCAR. If I need to prove this, I'll be more than happy to record some games in my Anni's and showcase. Is it worth keeping up the rotation? Damn right it is. And if you're being targeted for it...Well, kind of the point in being in an assault. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now, I will concede that it does happen where I do get left behind and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it. A map like Mining Collective and you're pretty much fighting from the moment the match starts. Most I can say is that **** happens and just better luck next time. There's no "perfect" way about it, but given that NASCARing has been around even before I first started playing, I'd say it's the best pug tactic you can ask for, and to stick with it. If it works, why change/fix it?

Edited by DrtyDshSoap, 21 October 2019 - 11:24 PM.

#23 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:34 AM

#24 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:53 AM

View PostRosh87, on 21 October 2019 - 10:08 PM, said:

but just, in general, you can't keep up with the vast majority of mechs in those 48.6ers', even if you are "pressing W" from the start.

The thing is, the top tier pilots don't follow the NASCAR. They create their own path and make the route shorter while constantly shooting at the enemies. That's a big difference. They may or may not NASCAR but they do shoot the enemies A LOT and with excellent accuracy. On top of that, they don't die within moments of contact with the enemies.

#25 MisterSomaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:53 AM

View PostXaat Xuun, on 21 October 2019 - 11:19 PM, said:

Yeah, someone caught me online, and I accepted invite, gotta play if I group . . meant to be lower for suckers , I'll get it below 20 again, if I decide to log back in

That's not what he meant LUL

#26 Rosh87

• PipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 05:55 PM

View PostDrtyDshSoap, on 21 October 2019 - 11:23 PM, said:

NEXT.

Ah ha! I knew this would come about and here is my retort -
You can rotate with your team albeit you'll have to A. Expose yourself quite a bit, and B. Cut through the center of the NASCAR. If I need to prove this, I'll be more than happy to record some games in my Anni's and showcase. Is it worth keeping up the rotation? Damn right it is. And if you're being targeted for it...Well, kind of the point in being in an assault. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now, I will concede that it does happen where I do get left behind and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it. A map like Mining Collective and you're pretty much fighting from the moment the match starts. Most I can say is that **** happens and just better luck next time. There's no "perfect" way about it, but given that NASCARing has been around even before I first started playing, I'd say it's the best pug tactic you can ask for, and to stick with it. If it works, why change/fix it?

Good counter-points / perspective, Dirty Posted Image / I appreciate a friendly exchange and generally agree with you that going over-top / rather than falling behind (sticking to the "loop" - so to speak) is a viable option for the uber-slow Assaults that are most "in danger" of Nascar movements on some of the maps.

#27 Johny Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 06:24 PM

But Drty you are forgetting about ******** like me who are just waiting for you to cut the middle and lose los with your team so I can turn the corner right into your back while your team can't support you. I love nothing more than watching 2-4 assaults bumping into each other doing the oh **** dance. Canyon is the perfect example of where going across the middle gets you pinched. Take the wide track in the trench and your fast movers leave you and you end up fighting guys above you.
In almost any match where the enemy nascars and you can get your team to counter rotate and form a line you smash their fast movers and bog their fatties down afraid to round the corner which at that point you have the numbers to push them and it turns into a stomp.

The real challenge is getting pugs to do anything but lemming after the first guy that starts rotating.

#28 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:35 PM

Oh I didn't forget about you evil little people, which is why I said expose yourself quite a bit.
It's an unfortunate TURN of events if it happens, but I find it generally safe most of the time. Maybe I'm lucky. :D

#29 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:28 AM

View PostDrtyDshSoap, on 21 October 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

Press and hold W.

Wrong!

Press and hold W+A !

#30 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:12 AM

I was going to use logic to counter most of this then remembered:

L33T attitude, git gud scrub, lrn2shut noob. 4Rum W4rriur Online Posted Image

*sigh*

#31 Menzoberranzan

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 06:04 AM

VOIP? 99% of the players won't ever say a word.

#32 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 07:03 AM

View PostJohny Rocket, on 22 October 2019 - 06:24 PM, said:

.............................. I love nothing more than watching 2-4 assaults bumping into each other doing the oh **** dance............................................

So if 3 or 4 assualts don't get even a single kill which even two assualts can do in one alpha, do you really think they lost because of nascar , or is it because you have a bunch of bad assault pilots bumping into each other doing the oh **** dance

If match maker worked even this would not be a problem

If Annie is leading team not press W guid, been their done that.
I tell them at the start of the game, Anne will lead NASCAR I thinks, they say sure.

Few minutes later they all FOLLOWING Posted Image following Annie

#33 BackShot

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 07:32 AM

Who is that potato already ? teaching us how to potate ?

We, potatoes, listen only to ourselves.

#34 Red Potato Standing By

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 07:45 AM

If your going to listen to a potato, just make sure it is not a red potato, nothing good will come of it.

#35 Johny Rocket

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 03:20 PM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 23 October 2019 - 07:03 AM, said:

So if 3 or 4 assualts don't get even a single kill which even two assualts can do in one alpha, do you really think they lost because of nascar , or is it because you have a bunch of bad assault pilots bumping into each other doing the oh **** dance

If match maker worked even this would not be a problem

If Annie is leading team not press W guid, been their done that.
I tell them at the start of the game, Anne will lead NASCAR I thinks, they say sure.

Few minutes later they all FOLLOWING Posted Image following Annie

You can't hit what you can't hit. I'm only average skill and I can kill an assault with a light mech, I tend to run stuff that it only takes a couple shots in their back to do it and its just not that hard to stay on their back.

Edited by Johny Rocket, 23 October 2019 - 03:21 PM.

#36 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 October 2019 - 03:22 PM

There are actually threads now condoning NASCAR rotations?

The end times are approaching.

#37 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:46 PM

Chin up not all bad
Just gotta take it on the chin
and your back, subliminal Bold font worksPosted Image

#38 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 10:11 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 23 October 2019 - 03:22 PM, said:

There are actually threads now condoning NASCAR rotations?

The end times are approaching.

Pft, your average pug will never form a firing line, or position correctly, or much of anything besides meat shield. Why condemn something thats been going on in solo que for years rather than just accept it as a necessary evil? Just a-sayin.

Edited by DrtyDshSoap, 23 October 2019 - 10:28 PM.

#39 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 24 October 2019 - 01:47 AM

View PostMenzoberranzan, on 23 October 2019 - 06:04 AM, said:

VOIP? 99% of the players won't ever say a word.

Given what the remaining 1% says on VoIP I'd rather them join the 99% of silent ones to begin with.

There is a huge difference between thinking you are saying smth useful and actually saying smth useful.

#40 Capt Deadpool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 305 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 01:23 PM

LOL preach it Drty

Especially if you have a relatively light team, chainsaw the butts of the reds cause they probably won't be coordinated enough pull an effective about-face.

Honestly, I am thrilled with any PUG that can press W while simultaneously left-clicking, regardless of the outcome.

And assaults, breaking news story, sometimes in PUGS you will get left behind; if you cannot emulate Drty's ability to stay near the front in a 48mph Anni on a relatively consistent basis, I promise you will have much more fun in something lighter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users