Why You Should Nascar And Clear Comms For Positivity.

73 replies to this topic

#41 Erik Krieger

• PipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 12:48 AM

View PostDrtyDshSoap, on 21 October 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

"But Drty, I like being a nuisance on VOIP." Cool, I hope you get a tumor on your butt and you can't sit anymore. To each there own. Just be aware that you have 11 other team mates who really don't want to hear about how much of a screw up you are. Click that exit button and pilot something else.

I hate (yes i use this bad bad word) people who are whining in my ear while I am still in the middloe of a fight. And NO, I can't mute this guy cause I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIGHT! It's annoying as hell to wait which one out of the eleven teammates is gonna ***** as soon as he is dead or nearly dead and to have to search him in the list and mute him! So please just shxx the fxxx up!!!.

#42 Johny Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:34 AM

View PostB 4 D G 3 R, on 26 October 2019 - 12:48 AM, said:

I hate (yes i use this bad bad word) people who are whining in my ear while I am still in the middloe of a fight. And NO, I can't mute this guy cause I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIGHT! It's annoying as hell to wait which one out of the eleven teammates is gonna ***** as soon as he is dead or nearly dead and to have to search him in the list and mute him! So please just shxx the fxxx up!!!.

This, Im going to get booted from the game over this for cussing when I tell them to be quiet. I'll let my team know Im down and wait till the end to say things like why did we X that's what went wrong, but I'm not going to argue about it and definitely not during the match.

#43 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:09 AM

How to be useful at comms:

1) No one cares about your wife/kids/mortgage

2) If you have questions about loadout... don't.

3) No one wants your ongoing battle narration

4) Alphabetical designation, mech chassis and weak spot.

5) Don't call every target you see, lock or shoot at.

6) If you're dead and back seat driving, stop talking. Tell me what's left alive and how damaged they are. That's it. I know what I'm doing.

7) good quality mics cost like $5. That faded old thing you got in a bundle when you bought your Dell in 1998 isn't going to cut it.

8) "I'm getting shot at by lights over here". Where? Who are you? What are you? What is is shooting you?

Edited by thievingmagpi, 28 October 2019 - 07:13 AM.

#44 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:34 AM

Tried the horror that is qp again yesterday. 8 drops, all 100% perfect examples of nascar. As soon as any mech on our team took one shot 3/4 of the team turns right and runs away like little girls. The best was when a hellfire with 2 huntsmen took one shot at our charlie lance, and I was dying from laughter watching 2 kodiaks and madcat turn their backs to them to run away only to get shot in the back. One of the drops did 6 full laps around canyon. QP is nascar, it is only nascar, and it's nothing but nascar, lol.

Switched to FP and had a wonderful time. Sooo much less frustrating even when losing

What I dont get is why people who complain about lack of teamwork, player selfishness, etc resulting in nascar keep dropping qp and keep pulling their hair out when its so easy to go play FP with teamwork and no nascar.

#45 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:55 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 28 October 2019 - 07:34 AM, said:

Tried the horror that is qp again yesterday. 8 drops, all 100% perfect examples of nascar. As soon as any mech on our team took one shot 3/4 of the team turns right and runs away like little girls. The best was when a hellfire with 2 huntsmen took one shot at our charlie lance, and I was dying from laughter watching 2 kodiaks and madcat turn their backs to them to run away only to get shot in the back. One of the drops did 6 full laps around canyon. QP is nascar, it is only nascar, and it's nothing but nascar, lol.

Switched to FP and had a wonderful time. Sooo much less frustrating even when losing

What I dont get is why people who complain about lack of teamwork, player selfishness, etc resulting in nascar keep dropping qp and keep pulling their hair out when its so easy to go play FP with teamwork and no nascar.

after a 2month? hiatus, I dropped a few games over the weekend and today. QP only, cause in on/off-mode.

my experiences over those 10? games (over 2 accounts) are a bit different; people seem to not even grasp the concept of nascar anymore. they either can't move, or shoot. moving&shooting at the same time? god-forbid!
it wouldn't suprise me if hospitals are filled up with grown men who can't play mechwarrior and breathe at the same time.

anywhoo, QP is worse than ever (which I said every week over the past 3 years, and it's been true everytime Posted Image ), and after a few more matches it's mechwarrior-offline for me, again. can only stomach so much of this thinking man's shooter and the great minds running in circles OR shooting somebody.

so many good games out there - aside from "battlemechs", why play this one..? *le sigh*

#46 Mister Glitchdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 431 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:01 AM

View PostJohny Rocket, on 28 October 2019 - 06:34 AM, said:

This, Im going to get booted from the game over this for cussing when I tell them to be quiet. I'll let my team know Im down and wait till the end to say things like why did we X that's what went wrong, but I'm not going to argue about it and definitely not during the match.

Yeah, my not-favorite is that guy who dies first and says, "Well, we just lost," then spends the rest of the match kvetching into the comms, working hard to mess up his teammates' game and make sure he's right. I love winning that game, despite the hate.

#47 Johny Rocket

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:03 AM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 28 October 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

after a 2month? hiatus, I dropped a few games over the weekend and today. QP only, cause in on/off-mode.

my experiences over those 10? games (over 2 accounts) are a bit different; people seem to not even grasp the concept of nascar anymore. they either can't move, or shoot. moving&shooting at the same time? god-forbid!
it wouldn't suprise me if hospitals are filled up with grown men who can't play mechwarrior and breathe at the same time.

anywhoo, QP is worse than ever (which I said every week over the past 3 years, and it's been true everytime Posted Image ), and after a few more matches it's mechwarrior-offline for me, again. can only stomach so much of this thinking man's shooter and the great minds running in circles OR shooting somebody.

so many good games out there - aside from "battlemechs", why play this one..? *le sigh*

I was on that Canyon match where our assaults dropped in the trench and got shredded from above and then wanted to ***** at the guys who went up top. Guy seemed to think that taking the low ground was a good strategy.

#48 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 03:48 PM

Mid isn't a good place to be, even if it is "high ground."

#49 Rosh87

• PipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 05:30 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 28 October 2019 - 07:34 AM, said:

Part of it is QP starts up almost instantly, or within like 3 minutes. Sometimes for FP you can wait a long time, even playing solo. If you are playing more than 1 person (group) and don't have like 4-6 people, forget it ...as 2 man groups seem to NEVER get picked up for a match, and so anyone trying to introduce the game to a friend, in a live-battle situation, is really stymied, if they are more than 2 Tiers above them (which is usual with a Tier-3 or 2 'veteran' trying to get a new Tier-5 friend into the game). - don't get me wrong though, finding a QP match / group is a joke too, with just 2 people - it's not appreciably better than the FP version Posted Image

#50 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:00 PM

View PostRosh87, on 28 October 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

Part of it is QP starts up almost instantly, or within like 3 minutes. Sometimes for FP you can wait a long time, even playing solo. If you are playing more than 1 person (group) and don't have like 4-6 people, forget it ...as 2 man groups seem to NEVER get picked up for a match, .................

don't get me wrong though, finding a QP match / group is a joke too, with just 2 people - it's not appreciably better than the FP version Posted Image

Actually, no. 2-man groups get picked for a FW match more often than a solo. In the FW main page, it even says that this mode is for experienced players and is highly team-orientated and that it doesn't have a Match-Maker.

Groups in QP is dead. But in FW, get a two-man group going and you'll get into matches really quickly.

#51 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:16 PM

I NASCAR because I assume, from experience, my team is mostly made of terrible players in terrible builds and the best possible use I can hope for them is that their inevitable deaths waste enemy ammo and heat and that in the brief distraction they provide I or a competent teammate (we're all free to dream, don't judge me) will get some effective damage in or god forbid kill an enemy mech.

I know I know; if only I would hold locks better my 'support' teammates would help clinch that win for us. Unfortunately there's just not time enough in the match for me to explain properly that the only useful 'support' role is a mix of pug armor/damage sponge/distraction/comic relief.

#52 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:17 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 28 October 2019 - 07:09 AM, said:

How to be useful at comms:

1) No one cares about your wife/kids/mortgage

2) If you have questions about loadout... don't.

3) No one wants your ongoing battle narration

4) Alphabetical designation, mech chassis and weak spot.

5) Don't call every target you see, lock or shoot at.

6) If you're dead and back seat driving, stop talking. Tell me what's left alive and how damaged they are. That's it. I know what I'm doing.

7) good quality mics cost like $5. That faded old thing you got in a bundle when you bought your Dell in 1998 isn't going to cut it.

8) "I'm getting shot at by lights over here". Where? Who are you? What are you? What is is shooting you?

It should be

1. Don't

The vast, VAST majority of ANYONE that uses comms these days has absolutely no clue what they are talking about and - from what I experience - causes more losses cause people end up doing/following these bad calls that just lead to certain death.

#53 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:11 AM

YES YES take it from the guy.. who either does one of two things...

Doesn't say a word all match because we are all inferior beings to his masterful skills... and not worthy of being graced with his pleasant wanna be proper English accent: ONLY to be told at the end how bad WE are... and such lesser creatures

OR

Doesn't STFU commands everyone to do his biding... and blames everyone for the failure while being the last one in the rear still untouched.. looking for easy open targets that remain:

Big up m8 keep doing you

#54 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 02:26 AM

^ Both of those are pretty much your MO

#55 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:09 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 28 October 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

It should be

1. Don't

The vast, VAST majority of ANYONE that uses comms these days has absolutely no clue what they are talking about and - from what I experience - causes more losses cause people end up doing/following these bad calls that just lead to certain death.

I know you're mostly just trying to be witty and that, yes, you are generally accurate that most strategy calls aren't good ones. But telling people that they just plain shouldn't use comms isn't very helpful. Even you have to admit that useful and effective communication makes life dramatically easier in approaching a situation. I think it would be better to encourage that rather than just discourage all attempts at vocalization.

#56 KhanBhacKeD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 280 posts
  • LocationDans les branches du skill tree

Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:33 AM

View PostBurning2nd, on 29 October 2019 - 12:11 AM, said:

YES YES take it from the guy.. who either does one of two things...

Doesn't say a word all match because we are all inferior beings to his masterful skills... and not worthy of being graced with his pleasant wanna be proper English accent: ONLY to be told at the end how bad WE are... and such lesser creatures

OR

Doesn't STFU commands everyone to do his biding... and blames everyone for the failure while being the last one in the rear still untouched.. looking for easy open targets that remain:

Big up m8 keep doing you

I still can’t get why people crying the most, or judging the most others, are the ones which have the most to learn especially from this people about game mechanics, logic etc...

Ps : BTW telling he stay in the back show your lack of knowledge about the person.

#57 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 02:00 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 29 October 2019 - 02:26 AM, said:

obviously you have never played with me

Im the first one to speak.. 99.899% of the time

#58 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 29 October 2019 - 06:27 PM

View PostBurning2nd, on 29 October 2019 - 02:00 PM, said:

obviously you have never played with me

Im the first one to speak.. 99.899% of the time

And with a negative WLR. Clearly it's going "well" for you

Your comms and calls as objectively atrocious. You quite literally causes your own teams to lose because of it

The direct connection is indisputable.

#59 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:06 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 29 October 2019 - 02:26 AM, said:

With a dash of not firing his guns with any urgency whatsoever.

#60 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 29 October 2019 - 09:21 PM

View PostVerilligo, on 29 October 2019 - 07:09 AM, said:

I know you're mostly just trying to be witty and that, yes, you are generally accurate that most strategy calls aren't good ones. But telling people that they just plain shouldn't use comms isn't very helpful. Even you have to admit that useful and effective communication makes life dramatically easier in approaching a situation. I think it would be better to encourage that rather than just discourage all attempts at vocalization.

Witty? No.

To the point? Always.

Talk and chat on comms all you want. I'm not saying don't use them.

I'm saying don't use them to call/direct a match when you are objectively bad at the game, have no tactical awareness etc etc. You're better off saying nothing and not sending your team to their death. No plan is better than one that is going to get you all killed. At least carry players can attempt to carry. You cannot carry if you're stuck in a bad play because of poor calls. And then what is even worse is players then call similarly poor movements in other games and think it is all good and well.

Now if you actually have an idea - comms / drop call your heart out.

I used to do it and I stopped. I stopped because of the amount of low skill players that would constantly argue with me, tell me my plan was wrong/bad or otherwise was ridiculous. I went 50-3 or something calling the drops, barely lost. Good comms are almost overpowered for QP. Bad comms mean certain loss in most experiences I've had in my 1,000s of games.

The best part is I would look these players up and they are ALWAYS sub 1.0 WLR - just like Burning. Yet I am rocking along with a 2.0+ WLR without much effort. Who's right and wrong? Certainly not the guy that wins more than he loses. There must be a level of mental disconnect if you continually doing something, keep failing at it, but think you're not the factor.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 29 October 2019 - 09:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users