Why You Should Nascar And Clear Comms For Positivity.

73 replies to this topic

#1 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 03:23 PM

Alright you potato tornadoes, Drty here spitting some basic knowledge at you.

NASCARing has been a tried and true method for literal YEARS in this game. The maps are designed around it (take a look at the center of the map, such as Canyon or Solaris). Learn the routes or hug someone that has an IQ above room temp and knows what they're doing.

"But Drty! I'm a sniper uber class mech! I can't a-nascaring with team?!"
Fear not you carpet! Because almost every map except maybe for Caustic and Frozen City Classic will have some hard to reach spot that will help you! So long as you know the spots and are aware of the NASCAR lanes, you can use and abuse all you'd like! And if they send a lance+ to deal with you, well GG you just won the match! I do this quite frequently and give this strat two thumbs up. So long as your aim isn't god awful and you can land like...75% of your shots, you'll be do wonders.

"NASCARing is for potatos though Mr. Soaparoo, I can't soil these divine hands among other plebs." Cool, get shot and killed and save me the trouble. If you complain in VOIP about how the team is stupid, reflect that you are, in fact, dead and probably didn't do more than 300 damage. Ask yourself who is dumb after the match.

"I'm NASCARing with my team but we still lose?! Why? :(" Easy my friend! Did you NASCAR and forget to shoot? It's like breathing, walking, and talking at the same time. NASCARing requires several tasks in order for it to be effective. Does your build consist of a rainbow of lasers? Probably need to fix it. Are you point blanking with LRMs, or using LRMs in general? Probably need to fix it. Are you firing machine guns at 400M and wondering why you didn't do any damage? You need a brain.

"I'm getting left behind in the NASCAR, what am I doing wrong?" You forgot to press W. Are you behind everyone? Well, you forgot to press W. You should have someone in your crosshairs most of the match. Are you up front but not seeing anyone? You took a wrong turn. You should have went left. Are you near death but still capable of fighting? Hug someone and meat shield.

"But Drty, I like being a nuisance on VOIP." Cool, I hope you get a tumor on your butt and you can't sit anymore. To each there own. Just be aware that you have 11 other team mates who really don't want to hear about how much of a screw up you are. Click that exit button and pilot something else.

For the nay sayers that says NASCARing is stupid and dumb and doesn't work, you probably aren't very good to begin with anyways so maybe be quiet and let real men do the meching.

So lets break down what we learned.
When in doubt, NASCAR or just follow someone who is smarter than you. If that smarter person is dead, seek the next smart person and or avenge him with holy fire.

Sniping in advantageous positions is okay as long as you can aim and are doing consistent damage throughout the match.

Having a build that actually does the damages and gives you a warm fuzzy feeler inside your mechanical heart when you blow stuff up.

Press and hold W.

And last but certainly not least, clear comms for positivity.

#2 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 03:24 PM

If it takes two teams to nascar and one team always wins nascar has a 100% success rate.

#3 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:00 PM

View PostDrtyDshSoap, on 21 October 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

"I'm getting left behind in the NASCAR, what am I doing wrong?" You forgot to press W. Are you behind everyone? Well, you forgot to press W. You should have someone in your crosshairs most of the match. Are you up front but not seeing anyone? You took a wrong turn. You should have went left. Are you near death but still capable of fighting? Hug someone and meat shield.

Couple of things:
  • If you're behind everyone else, cut the circle. The further you are from the centre the slower you rotate. There's not a lot of worse than watching a Dire trying to take the outside track on HPG and complaining they've been left behind.
  • "You should have went left." - With NASCAR you always flank right. If you're going left that's a Falkland Flush, not NASCAR.

#4 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:04 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 21 October 2019 - 04:00 PM, said:

• "You should have went left." - With NASCAR you always flank right. If you're going left that's a Falkland Flush, not NASCAR.
Posted Image

#5 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:12 PM

That isn't nascar. I see trucks!

#6 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:19 PM

Most of the complaints about Nascar coming from the EU players. EU players use different tactics than NA players for the most part. I am referring to the average player not the Unit players. EU players on other games tend to blob up and sit to return fire. NA players tend to want to move and fire. Mix the two and your team is gonna get rocked unless the other team does the same.

#7 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:19 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 21 October 2019 - 04:12 PM, said:

That isn't nascar. I see trucks!

Those are assaults you peasant.

#8 DANKnuggz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:20 PM

Alright you potato tornadoes, Drty here spitting some basic knowledge at you.

NASCARing has been a tried and true method for literal YEARS in this game. The maps are designed around it (take a look at the center of the map, such as Canyon or Solaris). Learn the routes or hug someone that has an IQ above room temp and knows what they're doing.

"But Drty! I'm a sniper uber class mech! I can't a-nascaring with team?!"
Fear not you carpet! Because almost every map except maybe for Caustic and Frozen City Classic will have some hard to reach spot that will help you! So long as you know the spots and are aware of the NASCAR lanes, you can use and abuse all you'd like! And if they send a lance+ to deal with you, well GG you just won the match! I do this quite frequently and give this strat two thumbs up. So long as your aim isn't god awful and you can land like...75% of your shots, you'll be do wonders.

"NASCARing is for potatos though Mr. Soaparoo, I can't soil these divine hands among other plebs." Cool, get shot and killed and save me the trouble. If you complain in VOIP about how the team is stupid, reflect that you are, in fact, dead and probably didn't do more than 300 damage. Ask yourself who is dumb after the match.

"I'm NASCARing with my team but we still lose?! Why? Posted Image" Easy my friend! Did you NASCAR and forget to shoot? It's like breathing, walking, and talking at the same time. NASCARing requires several tasks in order for it to be effective. Does your build consist of a rainbow of lasers? Probably need to fix it. Are you point blanking with LRMs, or using LRMs in general? Probably need to fix it. Are you firing machine guns at 400M and wondering why you didn't do any damage? You need a brain.

"But Drty, I like being a nuisance on VOIP." Cool, I hope you get a tumor on your butt and you can't sit anymore. To each there own. Just be aware that you have 11 other team mates who really don't want to hear about how much of a screw up you are. Click that exit button and pilot something else.

For the nay sayers that says NASCARing is stupid and dumb and doesn't work, you probably aren't very good to begin with anyways so maybe be quiet and let real men do the meching.

So lets break down what we learned.
When in doubt, NASCAR or just follow someone who is smarter than you. If that smarter person is dead, seek the next smart person and or avenge him with holy fire.

Sniping in advantageous positions is okay as long as you can aim and are doing consistent damage throughout the match.

Having a build that actually does the damages and gives you a warm fuzzy feeler inside your mechanical heart when you blow stuff up.

Press and hold W.

And last but certainly not least, clear comms for positivity.

Hmmm except when you drop in an assault and end up in the left hand lance and through no miracle of the BT gods ever hope to keep up with your faster teammates that already have a sizable lead on you...

Hint: when both teams nascar it surely appears that nascar has a 100% chance of success....

#9 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:23 PM

View PostGeminiWolf, on 21 October 2019 - 04:19 PM, said:

Most of the complaints about Nascar coming from the EU players. EU players use different tactics than NA players for the most part.

Not really.

EU prime games are terrible, even more rotation than normal.

#10 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:25 PM

I pilot assaults almost exclusively and I hardly get left behind in a NASCAR, in most cases, I'm up front and center. If you're behind, you forgot to hold W. Hell, even my Anni that goes about 47kph is almost leading every match. The excuse of getting left behind is because you forgot to hold down W or some other pilot error.

#11 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:27 PM

View PostDrtyDshSoap, on 21 October 2019 - 04:19 PM, said:

Those are assaults you peasant.

Nuh uh, they're keeping up!

#12 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:27 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 21 October 2019 - 04:27 PM, said:

Nuh uh, they're keeping up!

NUH UH! IM RIGHT U WRONG K BAI BAI

#13 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:35 PM

#14 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:38 PM

View PostDrtyDshSoap, on 21 October 2019 - 04:27 PM, said:

NUH UH! IM RIGHT U WRONG K BAI BAI

PLEZ SIR, MY 32PH LRM MEAN BABY OWNS FROM ZIMBABWE

#15 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:55 PM

LOL .. real men . . if you're part of that, bet you think this line is Six inches

|-----------------------------------------------------------------------|

NASCAR are for those that are unable to be situational aware, and don't know how to trade

#16 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 21 October 2019 - 07:06 PM

Bring a mech with a loadout that can do a minimum of 8 dps and can move at over 53 kph. That's the QP rule that everyone should follow. If you're a top tier pilot, you have your own build that we peasants can't use.

#17 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 21 October 2019 - 07:08 PM

http://youtu.be/uq-v1TTUyhM

#18 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 08:03 PM

View PostXaat Xuun, on 21 October 2019 - 06:55 PM, said:

unable to be situational aware, and don't know how to trade

hahaha 32%

#19 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 21 October 2019 - 09:19 PM

.....OR......come play FP and fight the enemy instead Posted Image

#20 Rosh87

• PipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • 84 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 10:08 PM

View PostDrtyDshSoap, on 21 October 2019 - 04:25 PM, said:

I pilot assaults almost exclusively and I hardly get left behind in a NASCAR, in most cases, I'm up front and center. If you're behind, you forgot to hold W. Hell, even my Anni that goes about 47kph is almost leading every match. The excuse of getting left behind is because you forgot to hold down W or some other pilot error.

I respect Dirty and have played many fights with and against, but I would (politely) counter that you cannot, in seriousness argue that a 48.6 kmh Inner Sphere Assault mech can POSSIBLY keep up with 70-81kmh or better mechs, on most of the heavy rotation maps.

As someone noted, if you get the "far left drop" on HPG - and are in one of those 48.6'ers - you are sometimes forced to sit there and "wait for the first complete rotation around" or risk getting annihilated (no pun intended) by rushing enemy Lights or even mediums if they move their closest Lance into your "far left Spawn" one.

Granted, that's a specific map example and "worst case scenario" - but just, in general, you can't keep up with the vast majority of mechs in those 48.6ers', even if you are "pressing W" from the start. Depending on Team Comp, I have sometimes been the only Assault in the match (rare, but does happen), and the rest of the team is Clan heavies going 81-97 kmh, or better. You simply cannot "keep up with" those speeds, if those leading mechs decide to "never stop" and support you. Some basic team-support is needed / hoped for (in those circumstances) - imho.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users