Can't Play With Friends Anymore

12 replies to this topic

#1 Belmenel

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 12:59 AM

So, I've been playing MWO on and off since the very beginning. I've always played with my brother, and occasionally with one other friend that joins us when we have time. However, I can't play with them anymore. Anytime I try to queueueueue up with one or both of them, the game simply gets stuck on "Searching" indefinitely, and never finds a match for us. The player count in the game is low enough that separate group/solo queues aren't viable anymore, so when can we expect mixed queues to fix the issue?

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 01:18 AM

You can always drop in FP which has a mixed queue and prefers groups.

#3 Belmenel

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 01:28 AM

how picky is FP about what mechs people use? is it still clan/IS restricted? I run mostly clan, and my brother runs mostly IS mechs, so if it is that's not really an option.

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 01:57 AM

Those rules still apply. It's time to explore a new experience, I'd say! ;)

#5 Belmenel

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 02:01 AM

Or, yaknow, time for the devs to fix a serious problem. Just sayin.

#6 Paul Meyers DEST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 02:19 AM

Than you should buy some IS Mechs :)

#7 Belmenel

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 02:22 AM

I've got plenty of mechs. I've got enough time and money into the game that I'd like to see this fixed, but i'm not going to put any more into the game until it is.

#8 TheNightFox

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 2 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 26 October 2019 - 01:09 PM

Yeah.. I hope this game dies.. this community is toxic.. I spent my own precious time hyping the game up to a friend only to discover that the queue splits "grouped" players off from solo players. In MWO? Really.. this is like the only game where you queue up with 11 random people who actually tend to use in-game voice chat. Get real. 10 minutes of sitting around in group queue and I am pretty sure my friend uninstalled the game immediately after I googled the problem and broke the news of how this community has decided to shoot itself in the foot. I mean the game isn't that hard but it does throw A LOT different systems and ideas at you all at once. This is literally going to be the reason why I quit playing MWO until a real single player MechWarrior game comes out... honestly its 12v12 PVP and you kiddies are crying about 2 man units?

#9 Belmenel

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:47 AM

this has pretty much been my experience over the past couple years. I've got enough time and money in the game that I'd prefer the devs stop knob-gobbling and fix matchmaking instead of letting it die, though.

#10 Paul Meyers DEST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 05:07 AM

They wont fix anything.

Join FP!

#11 CasualT

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 03 November 2019 - 03:45 PM

I've come back to this game after a long hiatus. I only wanted to play with my buddy since we are running out of games that we would like to play. The fact that we can get into a game by queueing up together is absolutely pathetic. I shouldn't have to be hunting down an answer on the forums for a GAME FEATURE that should be relatively simple. I really wished I could enjoy this game, error free, like I used to enjoy it.

This feature is BROKEN. I really don't want to be a Karen about this but, seriously, this **** is out of control. Piranha NEEDS to fix this.

I can hear their response now... "Go and play faction play" or "Get some more friends together for comp" those are just plain stupid. I just want me and my other friend to join Quick play without having to carefully coordinate the perfect time to PRESS A ******* BUTTON. Which works probably 30% of the time, and almost always places us on the opposite teams.

In conclusion. I'm needlessly pissed about a simple game feature that shouldn't require much attention but is requires the creators of this game to give a single iota of a ****.

#12 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 08 November 2019 - 11:34 AM

Do any of us truly have "friends" in this game. The first time your buddy gets on the wrong side of a match up, your good old pal is going to put a target lock on you and pepper you with everything he has.

Friends come and go, but my enemies pile up at my feet.

#13 KritterBug

• Pip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 11 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFairbanks Alaska

Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:20 PM

FEEL FREE TO FIX THE ******* QUES PIRANAH YOU COCKSUCKERS RUINED THE GAME CANT GET A GAME WITH ANYONE BESIDES ME IN MY GROUP **** YALL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users