4 replies to this topic

#1 Rioting Baboon

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 10:19 PM

First, Status quo

Group drops don't work in QP. The way that it is set up is that Group drops drop with other groups, giving priority to 12 man groups. The reason it isn't working is because there are very very few 12 man groups dropping.

Group drops in faction play work phenomenally well, even when there are small groups because of how te queueing system of FP is set up.

I also assume that the distinction between groups and solo queue was because of a phenomenon known as "seal clubbing".

I would like to propose a solution that might allow for group drops in quickplay once more while minimising the phenomenon known as seal clubbing.

Proposal:
  • Set up the quickplay queue system in a similar manner as faction play. Give priority to groups and let the solo queue people fill in the rest of the gaps.
  • Maximum group size in QP should be 4 with an appropriate group tonnage limit around the 260 ton range, similar to a Faction Play drop deck. This will avoid the "seal clubbing" phenomenon while simultaneously allowing players to play together.

Hopefully this is seen and considered. I really believe it will address some of the lingering issues.

I'm quite happy with the game, especially with Faction Play set up the way that it is.

#2 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 04 November 2019 - 02:11 AM

Unfortunately this suggestion has popped up numerous times before and goes one of two directions.
Those that agree.
And those that feel having groups in solo queue will be the nail in the coffin.
This is usually followed by the suggestion that solos should be allowed in Group Queue and solo queue be left untouched.

I actually think that allowing solos to form a group of 1 and be allowed to drop in group queue would be a flick of a switch type of change.
However, I also think that there are simply not enough players in group queue to make it work anyway and it needs something more.
Personally I favour flexible team sizes based on player numbers (4v4 / 8v8 / 12v12) which could benefit both quick and faction play.

The simple thought process should be: Let players get games.
If they scale up and down in size depending on the number of players online, that's fine.

#3 Swamp Ass MkII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 10:09 AM

I wanted to reply to a similar post earlier I read. What allowing groups in a solo quest environment does for me, is simply this. I get determined to get better and beat the snaught out of those said groups. Beyond that, I would like to drop with a group of friends outside faction play, as mechwarrior should not be drop and shoot as a random dude/deddett, but should be able to drop with friends and add some real social ability to mwo, which in my opinion severely lacks. My brother said it best some time ago, and we played bf1942 m, bf, bf2, bf2142 and cod. "It's not the games you play Jim, it's who you played with". This comment warrants a new post.

#4 chiller2k3

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 05:04 PM

It would be very very important to allow group drops in groups of 2 Mechs.
Yes, group drops with a bunch of people can be unfair. But 2 Mech drops are not.

The real point is: There are not a lot of MWO players, and for me, I really struggle to get friends play with me, because we cannot drop together. There is no way to get my friends playing (the start of MWO is pretty hard with no Mechs in the bay) when we cannot play together and I can explain the game. They always have to play alone. Maybe we get lucky and sync drop, but that'S not getting nerw players.

Please make 2 player drops happen in normal Q. I'm sure, it would really help the playerbase!
Please Piranha Games, please....

#5 Barjona

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMonaca, PA

Posted 04 April 2020 - 05:22 AM

A group of my Marine Corps buddies and I came back to hype up for Mechwarrior 5, to see if we were all willing to buy it, and tried queuing up for a group of 2 and a group of 3. Neither one worked, and we got depressed. We were able to sync queue, but it wasn't the dynamic we were going for. Now we're not sure if we want to buy Mechwarrior 5. The trailers are always better than the game, so we're worried if it's worth it now. Especially since Mount and Blade 2 is out in EA.

If games are still running, you need to give them basic support. Ensuring that basic game play features are working needs to be part of basic support. Without that happening, it makes one (or a group) wonder if in the new games are being supported, bugs are being squished, or customers are being heard. Then you come on the forums, and see the same request of basic game play support going unheeded for MONTHS upon MONTHS, and all you can do is grimace and shake your head. Does not set a good outlook, Piranha. I for one, will spend my $40 on Mount and Blade, where I KNOW they're supporting their game, and wait to see if you fix your own issues. Differences between game types, I know. But MWO still generates money through MC, hero mechs, etc.... That means it's still a current game that needs current support.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users