Controller Setup: Mouse And Joystick

Help Me

2 replies to this topic

#1 Star Commander Freya

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 05:44 PM

Hello, Mechwarriors,

I am currently experimenting with a joystick/mouse hybrid setup, using the joystick as a throttle and the mouse to aim and shoot. Does anyone have any recommendations for an optimal control setup?

I am currently using a left-handed Thrustmaster 16000m, with a standard desktop mouse in my right hand. Any recommendations would be welcome, and I I'd love to hear from someone who uses a similar setup.

Thank you, everyone, in advance!

Rakeesh

#2 Turbo

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 79 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:41 PM

Hey, I have been using a similar setup since game launch. I use the mouse for aiming and weapon controls, rudder pedals to turn the mech, and the throttle from my Saitek X52 Pro as the throttle control and use all of the buttons available there to remap controls so i never use the keyboard in game except to talk/type or look at the battle grid. I love this hybrid setup. With the Thrustmaster 16000, just bind the Y-Axis to the throttle and then you could remap some of the other controls like targeting and vision modes to the stick buttons/hats.

Good luck,
Turbo

#3 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 04:24 PM

'analog turn , analog throttle'

figure you have 8 buttons to work with if you only use 4 hat positions as buttons.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users