So, What's Changed?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Arch Heretek

Rookie

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 01:24 PM

I took about a year long hiatus form the game, and FP seems to have changed, and I want to make sure I have this right before I do something irreversible. I was surprised to find I was no longer a loyalist, and the unit I was a part of sort of fragmented, with very few actual loyalists but people ping-ponging from team to team; are they mercs now? I've looked at some of the dev posts but I don't think they're particularly clear, the wiki is out of date, and in-game it's obfuscated.

Teams are who is fighting at a given moment, and selecting a team to fight for doesn't actually have you join that faction? But, it does lock you to a loyalty, so if I go in, I'm locked as a merc, forever? On this note, freelancers aren't really a thing anymore, apparently. All the CTAs I've gotten have asked me to turn mercenary.

Pledging loyalty to one particular faction is now permanent and irreversible? So, if I pledge to Steiner via the faction details page, I'm with them forever, and this can never be changed, even if I max them out? Does that mean desertion is no longer a thing?

#2 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 04 November 2019 - 01:39 PM

As far as I can tell effectively everyone is a loyalist merc now, lol

You have to be a loyalist of any IS or Clan faction to fight on that side of the conflict

So for example if the current conflict is smoke jag vs steiner, you can be a loyalist to any clan faction and you'll fight for smoke jag, or you can be a loyalist to any IS faction and you'll fight for steiner, but you'll accumulate loyalty points towards w/e faction you're loyal to, not the faction that's currently in conflict (unless of course its the same faction)

You can switch which faction you're a loyalist to at will at any time

#3 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 05 November 2019 - 03:32 PM

I am and will remain Marik, So Cr3ator, stop sending me FP invites to play for assorted clans.

#4 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 05 November 2019 - 03:52 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 05 November 2019 - 03:32 PM, said:

I am and will remain Marik,

I wish I still had that conviction....

#5 Arch Heretek

Rookie

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 12:36 AM

Ha my unit is totally scattered, have never seen the founder even back when it was "active," considered jumping into some other Faction or unit, but after looking around, they're all the in same boat. So... May as well stay, I guess. Maybe 4-5 will be playing on Fridays.

#6 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 06 November 2019 - 12:39 AM

View PostArch Heretek, on 06 November 2019 - 12:36 AM, said:

Ha my unit is totally scattered, have never seen the founder even back when it was "active," considered jumping into some other Faction or unit, but after looking around, they're all the in same boat. So... May as well stay, I guess. Maybe 4-5 will be playing on Fridays.

May I ask what unit your currently with? I know several that are still quite active that would be happy to have another active player.

#7 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,629 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 06 November 2019 - 04:02 AM

View PostArch Heretek, on 04 November 2019 - 01:24 PM, said:

I took about a year long hiatus form the game, and FP seems to have changed, and I want to make sure I have this right before I do something irreversible. I was surprised to find I was no longer a loyalist, and the unit I was a part of sort of fragmented, with very few actual loyalists but people ping-ponging from team to team; are they mercs now? I've looked at some of the dev posts but I don't think they're particularly clear, the wiki is out of date, and in-game it's obfuscated.

Teams are who is fighting at a given moment, and selecting a team to fight for doesn't actually have you join that faction? But, it does lock you to a loyalty, so if I go in, I'm locked as a merc, forever? On this note, freelancers aren't really a thing anymore, apparently. All the CTAs I've gotten have asked me to turn mercenary.

Pledging loyalty to one particular faction is now permanent and irreversible? So, if I pledge to Steiner via the faction details page, I'm with them forever, and this can never be changed, even if I max them out? Does that mean desertion is no longer a thing?

• If you do not make a permanent pledge to a faction, you are a Merc and can chose either side to fight for, and it is good for that timeframe of that event/encounter.
  • For the above, I have not tested it but I believe you can flip sides as a merc
  • Now, if you want to have a Permanent Pledge to Marik, do the following:

• Go to Faction Play
      Faction Details
      IS or Clan
      House or Clan
      View Factions
      Select Faction
      View Faction Details
      Select your Faction
      Pledge Loyalty (Do the same to unpledge loyalty to become a merc again, or to switch faction permanently)

• If you select a permanent faction, all other events you can only drop for that side. If you select Wolf you can only fight for Clans, or as a Marik you can only fight for IS

• Has there been a Clan vs Clan or IS vs IS? I believe if you are a permanent Clan Wolf, you should be able to select which side.
    • The main differences is the percentage of Loyalty Points earned. If permanent Marik, you would earn more (120%)when the event is Marik vs another. Earn less (100%) if Perm Marik while fighting for another IS House. If no Permanent selection, then you are a merc and earn 5% C-Bill Boost each match.
  • The basic design - https://mwomercs.com...design-spec-v2/
  • Also, if you select a Permanent Faction then your forum icon is of that Faction, ie like mine is of House Kurita.
Nothing is set in stone, everything is reversible. The bonus in Loyalty Points earned, even more so if for the event you do not switch up factions, per the above link.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 06 November 2019 - 04:05 AM.

#8 n00biwan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSomerset, UK...

Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:25 AM

The clans and IS are divided into groups so if it's clan vs clan or IS vs IS you'll still get assigned to one side or the other. If you're a clanner who wants to fight in IS vs IS conflicts I think you chose but earn 80% lps of something daft like that.

Basically, just switch sides/factions endlessly chasing mechbays and good fights.

#9 Arch Heretek

Rookie

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 06:01 PM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 06 November 2019 - 12:39 AM, said:

May I ask what unit your currently with? I know several that are still quite active that would be happy to have another active player.

I'm currently with the Skye Rangers of Terra. Which is slightly alarming given they're one of like two "Active" Steiner units, the other being LoDD. Basically IS only as well, I have very few Clan mechs.

Edited by Arch Heretek, 09 November 2019 - 09:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users