Quick Play 2-Man Groups

7 replies to this topic

Poll: Allow 2-man groups in QP (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Allow 2-man groups in QP ?

1. Yes (9 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. No (5 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Maybe (1 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 05:27 AM

I keep reading posts about MWO players trying to invite their non-MWO friend to a grouped Quick Play game, and failing to.

Suggestion : Allow players to create a Quick Play group of 2-players, that is treated with the same priority as solo players.

Option : Limit the creation and ownership of a Quick Play crown to Premium Time players (who can invite a non-premium player to their 2-man group), to encourage the purchase of Premium Time.

Anti-abuse : At least one of the two players must be ranked lower then Tier1.

Seriously every MWO-like MMO I know of allows players to invite a friend to a grouped casual experience to try out the game together, except MWO : No QP group means less friends trying out MWO together, and less new players for MWO.

Edited by Humble Dexter, 12 November 2019 - 05:34 AM.

#2 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 12:56 PM

No.

#3 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 13 November 2019 - 06:33 AM

Two man groups in solo queue is questionable. It's a "maybe" in many aspects.

However, I do think there is more hope for letting solo players opt-in to fill in GP gaps. I'm certain there are people willing to opt-in to GP even as a solo player.

#4 TerebNeerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 03:39 PM

Not being able to try a new game with your buddy sucks. Other games allow small groups (2-3) in their quick-play queues with no problems.

I've been solo playing a bit lately after not playing in a long time. A friend of mine saw me playing and was like "hmm, free to play, I'll try it out". Then we realized we can't play together...

Edited by TerebNeerg, 16 November 2019 - 04:07 PM.

#5 KritterBug

• Pip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 11 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFairbanks Alaska

Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:18 PM

NOT EVERYONE QUES WITH MORE THAN TWO PEOPLE SO **** YALL FOR RUINING THIS GAME FOR ME AND MY BROTHER

#6 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:25 PM

View PostKritterBug, on 23 November 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

NOT EVERYONE QUES WITH MORE THAN TWO PEOPLE SO **** YALL FOR RUINING THIS GAME FOR ME AND MY BROTHER

Relevance?

#7 KritterBug

• Pip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 11 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFairbanks Alaska

Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:31 PM

**** YOU wHY CANT I DUO QUE WITH MY BROTHER ANYMORE ********

GAME USED TO BE FUN NOW I HAVE TO PLAY IT SOLO BECAUSE I CANT GET A QUE WITH TWO OR MORE IT JUST SITS AND SPINS THE SEARCHING TOOL ENDLESSLY

THE POINT IS ****** THAT WHATS THE POINT OF A ******* MULTIPLAYER GAME IF YOU CANT PLAY IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS

#8 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:40 PM

View PostKritterBug, on 23 November 2019 - 03:31 PM, said:

**** YOU wHY CANT I DUO QUE WITH MY BROTHER ANYMORE ********

GAME USED TO BE FUN NOW I HAVE TO PLAY IT SOLO BECAUSE I CANT GET A QUE WITH TWO OR MORE IT JUST SITS AND SPINS THE SEARCHING TOOL ENDLESSLY

THE POINT IS ****** THAT WHATS THE POINT OF A ******* MULTIPLAYER GAME IF YOU CANT PLAY IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS

It sounds like you are blaming us... your fellow players. It's not our fault if the game's population dropped.

However, as has been mentioned previously in this thread, you can attempt to still drop together in several different ways.
- Sync Drop: If your PSR are the same or very close you can attempt to time your drops closely and possibly get into a drop together. You may or may not be on the same team together, but that can also be fun as well.
- Faction Play: The numbers of players dropping in FP game mode are public and visible. Check there as your two man team. You possibly can find matches there. Realize that FP has their drop decks of 4 mechs, but if you can make a drop deck there are lots of benefits for playing in FP. Just make sure you each are backing the same faction...
- Timing: It is possible to still drop as a two man team, though difficult. For this, find out when the busy times are for group play, and attempt to find matches then.

Last option:
- Lobby play: Get a group of friends and just play in the private lobby. Only works if you have a lot of friends online... (You can 1v1 your brother though.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users