- - - - -

What Would You Consider A Good Hit Percentage?

8 replies to this topic

#1 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:41 AM

Like the title says, what do you think a good hit percentage is with the various weapons available to us in MWO? You can check the stats on the website. Obviously, guided weapons will hit more often, but few of us (if any) will hit 100% of the time so what do you consider a good % to, so to speak, aim for.

Just curious...

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 13 November 2019 - 11:42 AM.

#2 Red Potato Standing By

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:29 PM

Funny enough my hit percentage for lock on weapons is abysmal compared to direct fire weapons..lol

#3 MOBAjobg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:13 AM

My go to weapons of choice are cuac10 & clbx10 strap on the mad kat iib and their hit percentage are about 60. I would definitely like to improve my hit percentage accuracy by at least an additional 15% with training on aim and shoot at fast moving targets.

Check my statistics in the leaderboard, they don't stink.

Edited by MOBAjobg, 14 November 2019 - 02:48 AM.

#4 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:43 AM

Hit statistics are basically useless because:
  • We don't know exactly how they are measured, and some weapons are hard to measure well at all.
    For example does only one connecting laser tick or LBX pellet count as a hit? If yes, how meaningful is the stat when only one LBX pellet has to hit?
  • Some weapons can be spammed and good players will spam them even if chances to hit are small. Every bit of damage counts as long as you don't waste too much heat or ammo. So player A who shoots conservatively and hitting 60% may be less effective than player B who's hitting only 40% of his shots but shoots twice as much.
  • Stats only tell how well you hit a whole mech. They say nothing about your ability to focus fire on weak/critical components.

Edited by Daggett, 14 November 2019 - 02:46 AM.

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:57 AM

View PostRed Potato Standing By, on 13 November 2019 - 01:29 PM, said:

Funny enough my hit percentage for lock on weapons is abysmal compared to direct fire weapons..lol

Lock on weapons.. primarily LRMS - countered by AMS, player being too far away from target thus giving target time to counter incoming missiles either via buildings/terrain, running to buddies with AMS / ECM / etc.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 14 November 2019 - 08:57 AM.

#6 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:59 AM

My accuracy for missiles is about 35%, ACs about 60% and lasers about 75%. I'd say I'm an average pilot.

#7 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:18 AM

View PostDaggett, on 14 November 2019 - 02:43 AM, said:

Hit statistics are basically useless because:
  • We don't know exactly how they are measured, and some weapons are hard to measure well at all.

For example does only one connecting laser tick or LBX pellet count as a hit? If yes, how meaningful is the stat when only one LBX pellet has to hit?
  • Some weapons can be spammed and good players will spam them even if chances to hit are small. Every bit of damage counts as long as you don't waste too much heat or ammo. So player A who shoots conservatively and hitting 60% may be less effective than player B who's hitting only 40% of his shots but shoots twice as much.
  • Stats only tell how well you hit a whole mech. They say nothing about your ability to focus fire on weak/critical components.

True enough there are many things to consider. That said, those things may not completely invalidate what the stats say, outliers notwithstanding. One would think that in a general sense a higher hit % with a given weapon would be better than a lower %.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#8 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 17 November 2019 - 02:16 PM

It means nothing TBH.

Given the amount of times your shoot and invisible hitboxes eat your shot. Or you are shooting at a target that you can see, but it hiddne because of por LOD/Map creation etc etc.

Plus a test firing at start of the drop sometimes or altering weapon groups etc.

All of this affects things and this just a useless/ignored stat.

#9 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 06:07 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 17 November 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

It means nothing TBH.

Given the amount of times your shoot and invisible hitboxes eat your shot. Or you are shooting at a target that you can see, but it hiddne because of por LOD/Map creation etc etc.

Plus a test firing at start of the drop sometimes or altering weapon groups etc.

All of this affects things and this just a useless/ignored stat.

Ok, fair enough.

Thanks,
Conky

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users