Map And Match Ideas

3 replies to this topic

#1 Expfighter

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 05:48 PM

Hey all,
Since coming back a few months ago from a 6 year break, i have noticed a few things from the hundreds of matches that i have played and come up with some ideas.

Map selection criteria:
1. Have the game select a map and match type, THEN allow each player to select the mech that they want to play in that match. This way you don't get stuck with your brawling mech on "Polar Highlands" which is the death of brawling mechs. Similar to FP where you select your dropdeck!

Class Matches:
2. The other idea that I had is why not have matches purely based on Mech class, I.E. all 24 players in a map are paired up using assault mechs, or all light mechs, or all mediums, or all Heavy Mech etc…. The ONLY problem I see with this is during non-peak times getting enough mechs of a certain type in the queue at once. The reason for this is I am tired of being on a Brawler Mech and getting destroyed by a little POS MECH just because I can't spin fast enough or can't pitch down to shoot it.

Now if these Ideas have already been brought forth and SHOTDOWN by the devs or the community, then just ignore me.

Exp

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:25 PM

1. Has been discussed high and low on the forums. I think, consensus is that it would lead to map-metas and boring gameplay. Full random without manipulation in QP is mostly desired.

2. Doesn't sound like much fun to me. There's other ways to deal with lights, meds, heavies or assaults, or what ever bugs you right now.

#3 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 11:26 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 21 November 2019 - 11:25 PM, said:

manipulation in QP is mostly desired.

Manipulation is desirable because it encourages peoples to build specialized mechs knowing they can influence the outcome of map choice.

#4 KritterBug

• Pip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 11 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFairbanks Alaska

Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:25 PM

HERES A GOOD IDEA MAKE IT SO I CAN PLAY WITH MY ******* BROTHER AGAIN IN QUICKPLAY *********

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users