Mw5 Ppc Feels Weak?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 09:00 AM

Just want to check back. Does anyone else feel like the PPC is pretty weak and also very slow.
Also I don't like the removal of the minimal range.

What I like is the FX and emp effect.

How do you feel?

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:36 AM

Well the minimum range isn't canonical to begin with. It's a minimum accuracy range when considering a semi-sentient machine that can see a weapon that takes up to two seconds (Lord's Light PPC) to fire with a blinding glow as an early warning with speeds of 86+ kph and being so close that a car going that speed can leave the forward 45 degree of view in the span of 1.5 seconds at the speed of 35 miles per hour... and that's why even the acs have a minimum range (except the AC/20 due to the sheer volume of fire, much like how you can still catch someone with an mwo laser even if you initially missed)

I found the PPC to be very fast in it's repetition. As such it's clear why the threshold of the mech is so high and why the heatsinks though cooling more than 1 per second seem slower than they should. The heat is also front loaded. (Fires about as fast as some of the multi-shot quick charge options I plan to have actually), but also quite inferior to a number of other weapon options.

I agree the effects are pretty cool.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:42 AM

Overall the lower tier weapons are producing half damage versus armor. Looking at like 5 tabletop damage (when considering 1* armor structure) per PPC shot. And even then vehicles shot by them are dying alarmingly fast. AC/10 due to shooting faster is outperforming them.

#4 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 27 November 2019 - 03:03 PM

I like the PPC myself. I played the Raid mission with a K2, and I felt like the PPCs were doing solid damage. I don't think I'd change anything with it.

#5 Der BierVampiR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 November 2019 - 03:18 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 27 November 2019 - 09:00 AM, said:

Just want to check back. Does anyone else feel like the PPC is pretty weak and also very slow.
Also I don't like the removal of the minimal range.

What I like is the FX and emp effect.

How do you feel?

Nope, i really like how pgi has made the different weapons so far. But this counts especially for the ppc. You can really feel the force of this weapon in your cockpit as soon as you are firing it. Also the weapons velocity is high in my opinion. I like this ppc a lot more then the ppc in MWO (that said i do not want to say those weapon is badly made in MWO). It's so cool how the electro-magnetic effect has its impact after you are in a close range to someone who is firing the ppc.

Just have played mission 5 with a king crab, fitted with two AC/20 Burst. Guys this is pure war feeling! I really love all averall the gameplay of MW5. It's simply cool. Posted Image

#6 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 13 December 2019 - 06:16 PM

Edit the configuration file make them as strong as you want. Might as well turn it into a God weapon not like this game has any real strategy anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users