Mechwarrior 5 Intro Cinematic

43 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 09:30 AM

Check out the MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Intro Cinematic!

#2 Ravage26

• PipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 09:38 AM

Thanks Matt! Idk if it's just me, but the link returns me to a list of your recent posts.

View PostRavage26, on 27 November 2019 - 09:38 AM, said:

Thanks Matt! Idk if it's just me, but the link returns me to a list of your recent posts.

Disregard, worked.

#3 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 November 2019 - 09:53 AM

Really sucks that Epic preorders are not allowed to play this short "demo".

The rest of the preorders aren't dumb and know it's not a beta anyway.

Shame on PGI.

#4 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 10:15 AM

No combat in intro?

#5 Tertius

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 72 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 November 2019 - 10:16 AM

To be honest (and without the intention to rant or to tread on someone's toes): what I've seen so far in various streams just leaves me with questions... Yes, the enviroment looks good in Unreal 4, but a big amount of assets (mech models, Camos, etc.) was there all the time and are from MWO. What took this game so long to get to this point?

Also, I wasn't impressed in any way of what I've seen on the missions that are playable at the moment. I don't regret getting the refund. Someday it will be on steam and someday even in a sale. I can wait.

To all the players who are hyped and like it, I wish you all (honestly) the best and all fun you can possibly have.

#6 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 10:37 AM

Intro is nice. I like the voice actor a lot. What I miss a bit is either more ompf to it. The scene where we see the nice city and then the destroyed one is good, the others miss a bit of weight as we just see a destroyed city or only the mechs in the bay. A bit more combat, a bit more of the consequenz of what the war means would have been nice. Like a progression from "everything is fine" to "all is destroyed". HBS Battletech did a wonderfull job their with first crowning and establishing the Star League, then the first war, betrayl and finaly the fall of the StarLeague.

Other route could have been to have more ingame combat and talk about the mercs life. I realy like how the old MW intros where closer to the story of you instead of the entire inner sphere in general.

Anyway its a nice intro overall and for the first time that you do something like that, its pretty good. When you do the next DLC you will surely improve.

#7 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:03 AM

Nice, but why did you guys insist on hiring your voice actors from the bottom of the barrel? Literally, the narrator sounds like he is several gallons deep into a whisky binge.

#8 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:35 AM

It is 2019 PGI. You dare to publish this cheap ugliness? The bigger the screw more sophisticated welder is neccesary! :DDDD

Edited by Calebos, 27 November 2019 - 11:36 AM.

#9 mgto

• PipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:48 AM

Am I the only one who instantly has to think about Homeworld when hearing that voice?

I would have loved to see a battle intro but imo mw5 looks ingame already as good or better as any previous mech-game intro. So I'm fine with that. Just hope the voice actor is doing more VO in the campaign ;)

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:03 PM

For hilarious gold...

Turn on captions.
Set "Auto-translate" to English
Have a great time!

The Inner Sphere entered a golden age..
"Put four in the paddy field. If you go two pounds into space, Spy Das Dating Brass."
"No (symbol) it's the same as (symbol) than 9i, I've got KEM SERV"
"If you're going to climb you've got 19 words, then COMFORT."
"Why do you have a house?"

I'm gonna laugh so hard I might need new pants...

Pretty decent intro through.

Then the representatives of the great houses turned on one another.

"If you are the representative
Eat Fine House at the Pine Fire Show French Dawn 1
4 o'clock on this page Tired of milk I standing runners closed"

#11 Rick88

Rookie

• The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 8 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:05 PM

Man, I was really hoping for more effort like a Mech Commander Gold intro, but like a 2019 version: bigger, better, and even more betterness ness ness. Let's hope the game is solid, at least.

#12 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:19 PM

View PostRick88, on 27 November 2019 - 12:05 PM, said:

Man, I was really hoping for more effort like a Mech Commander Gold intro, but like a 2019 version: bigger, better, and even more betterness ness ness. Let's hope the game is solid, at least.

MechCommander Gold had microprose, microsoft, etc. as Weisman was working for Microsoft at the time.
We got PGI and the money we put in.
More of the money went into the game. Though I'd like an awesome cinematic intro, I confess the style works (HBS's intro shows just how powerfully it could work with the right mix of direction and visual elements).

Also PGI isn't fantastic at animations.

(Though I wonder who PGI got to do the animations for the Transverse trailer, because they were really nice.)

#13 Rick88

Rookie

• The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 8 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:20 PM

Yeah, I hear ya. All that time between MechWarrior games just had my nostalgic heart hoping.

#14 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:24 PM

Good news is Unreal is the sort of engine that's pretty good for modders to make cinematics.

On a side note... I thought the lighting angle that made the Centurion's glass appear to 'glow' was a really nice touch.

#15 Scanz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 783 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:27 PM

like in 2004

it was necessary to hire Harebrained Schemes for awesome comics at least

Edited by Scanz, 27 November 2019 - 12:29 PM.

#16 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 27 November 2019 - 01:21 PM

This is just Battletech's intro cinematic, but worse in just about every way.

#17 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:29 PM

I only just found out the MW5 closed beta started from some news articles, you guys should probably email people who are eligible for the closed beta to let them know its ready

#18 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:38 PM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 27 November 2019 - 02:29 PM, said:

I only just found out the MW5 closed beta started from some news articles, you guys should probably email people who are eligible for the closed beta to let them know its ready

They emailed all owners of the community pre-orders LAST WEEK. My email arrived 8:17pm EST Thursday the 21st of November.

#19 Trystan Thorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 04:15 PM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 27 November 2019 - 02:29 PM, said:

Check your Spam/Junk folder.

I like the intro. Sure, it's no Overwatch cinematic, but it works well for a BattleTech universe game.
Also, I rather have PGI concentrate their resources on the game than the intro, but the beta/demo is very enjoyable.
Can't wait for the full game.

#20 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:50 PM

PGI, here's a tip and I don't mean to sound rude. Please talk to the BlackPantsLegion to do the videos and let Tex from that channel do the writing and narration. They're way, way better and are actually huge fans of Battletech so, they'll do justice to the franchise. Do yourselves a favour and get them onboard to do these types of videos.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users