11 replies to this topic

#1 Impyrium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 08 September 2014 - 10:54 PM

According to the podcast, the plan is that (at least) Inner Sphere factions/combat (sounds like we'll be able to switch...?) will be restricted to choosing only IS 'Mechs for that battle, and visa-versa for Clans. Good to see PGI decided to go down that road.

What I couldn't figure out is whether it'll be permanently restricted based on player faction, or on a per-battle basis. I'd be fine with either.

AND it sounds like they're considering salvage, including Clan weapons and 'Mechs.

Edited by AUSwarrior24, 08 September 2014 - 10:58 PM.

#2 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:49 AM

View PostAUSwarrior24, on 08 September 2014 - 10:54 PM, said:

What I couldn't figure out is whether it'll be permanently restricted based on player faction, or on a per-battle basis. I'd be fine with either.

AND it sounds like they're considering salvage, including Clan weapons and 'Mechs.

Actual CW battles will be Clans in Clan mechs, IS factions in IS mechs. Random/pug drops run what you want.

As far as an IS being able to use clan tech that it has received through salvage, I believe it was said that would be a long way off if it was done. Soo, scale based on what is coming "Soon™" to what would be long time away

#3 Horusv2

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:33 AM

I hope they will release the Chassis list for each faction soon.
I guess the Faction sales were some kind of hint but its not enough to paint a clear picture.

Edited by Horusv2, 09 September 2014 - 01:34 AM.

#4 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:43 AM

If the sales are any indication, most IS factions will have a lot of overlap anyway. And yes, now I reflect a bit on what they said about salvage, it sounded more like just having the option to add Clan tech, rather than 'salvaging' it.

#5 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:47 AM

View PostAUSwarrior24, on 09 September 2014 - 01:43 AM, said:

If the sales are any indication, most IS factions will have a lot of overlap anyway. And yes, now I reflect a bit on what they said about salvage, it sounded more like just having the option to add Clan tech, rather than 'salvaging' it.

That's correct. Between salvage and designs being built all over, lot of IS "general" designs/variants used by everybody.

#6 Fooooo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:54 AM

View PostAUSwarrior24, on 09 September 2014 - 01:43 AM, said:

Yeah the salvage he somewhat lead to was more about "when house such and such started fielding salvaged timberwolves or whatever" Then "said house will have access to use these (VIA the filter system in the mechlab) mechs on certain planets that you can choose to fight on"

Weither or not he means,

Planet 1 for house X can field 2 TW's per match.
Planet 2 for house X can field 1 TW and 3 SC's per match.

Planet 1 for house Y can field 4 SC's per match
etc etc etc

or

House X can now field TW's in their matches against Y

or

House X can now field TW's in all their matches.

It wasn't stated which. :P (tho for the house warfare or "historic battles" he mentioned it seems 1 of those is what will happen.)

For faction|house warfare I guess I woulnd't really mind any of those.

For merc unit stuff I guess i'd prefer an actual in-unit eco where the leader or the designated accountant / procurement officer :P buy mechs for the unit.

Then add salvaged mechs and weapons from battles etc and your players can field stuff based on what the unit holds and moves to certain planets. Probably with the players having to first own the mech to be able to field it even if the corp / unit has them available etc. (with stock mechs being free to field or select basically )

Tho im not part of a unit yet so maybe everyone in units doesn't want that at all for all I know. :P

Edited by Fooooo, 09 September 2014 - 02:02 AM.

#7 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 28 November 2019 - 06:12 PM

In response to a comment in another thread.....

Rise, RISE.
Walk free on the forums again!!!

#8 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 November 2019 - 04:30 AM

View Post50 50, on 28 November 2019 - 06:12 PM, said:

In response to a comment in another thread.....

Rise, RISE.
Walk free on the forums again!!!

Epic necro Posted Image

#9 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:32 PM

I hope there will be faction restricted mechs. If you want otherwise, a black market would do the trick.
Glad to see FRR color scheme. I know the map dosent have FRR in it, since it wasnt formed yet unitl the later stages/ beginning of the fourth succession war as far as I know.

FRR, were known to adopt mechs from their neighbours, Steiner, Kurita and occasionaly from even Liao ( underdogs in arms ).
Shadowhawk, Wolftrap, Banshees, Crabs were some known mechs for them. And I remember one variation of the Archer with er? large lasers in the arms aaaand dual lrm 15 I think.

Glad to see the color scheme for Rasalhague at least, since no glimmering gold for tertiary, they got no tertiary color channel at all, need a third for coloring our "viking" helmets.

Edited by Tordin, 30 November 2019 - 02:34 PM.

#10 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 30 November 2019 - 04:41 PM

holy Necro thread Batman !

#11 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:55 AM

Posted Image

#12 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:09 PM

jAZZ! I didnt realise the necroing, oh my! Unleash the undead hordes!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users