Javelin 11F Holy Cow Pgi Got A Build Right

3 replies to this topic

#1 Johny Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 10:19 AM

I saw a loyalty Javelin rattling machinguns and was like hmmm. I run the 11B and it's awesome, stealth, ECM, 3x srm4 that do srms like the Commando 2D does with 2s but with 4s. And it's got jump jets. If the 11B had jump jets it would rule the battlefield like a tyrant.

Most important it is just tanky as hell, you look at the thing on paper and its meh, it's a 30 tonner but in use it is just down right hard to kill.

I take long breaks and missed the loyalty so I bought the cbills 11F and looked at it like any mech I buy, this build really...

92kph in a 30 tonner well thats a death trap, have to invest in speed tweak and still only 104kph.

6 mgs with 2 tons of ammo yoinks

A snubnose PPC damn thats 6 tons and this thing is going to overheat

only 6 machineguns? why does PGI hate IS lights?

But I do this thing, if a stock build looks ok or looks really bad I run it once to get a feel for where the mech wants to go and well I derp, a lot. I adjust the armor and unlock 91 relevant nodes and hit play.

So I launch and I apologize to my team for the suckiness to come and a quick explanation that Im derping a stock build.Everyone is cool and encouraging and some say they are running sub par builds to and we can suck together (love ya guys, if we are a toxic community we are toxic together damn it) We get HPG/Sqirmish and then it happens...

I take the top solo and hold it with out dying. My team gets there and I lead them off the far side right into the enemy like angry cracked out lemmings. Just mashing buttons down and holding them expecting to hit the override and explode in a blaze of molten glory. But I don't die, I don't overheat and things in front of me are dying. HOLY COW so I get serious. I start using the jump jets for personal high ground while I strip armor and smash structure.

At the end not only am I still alive I got 3 kills, 4 KMDD, and 4 assists with 551 pure weapons damage, wasn't carrying a strike.

Kudos PGI and thanks for not putting a standard engine on one of the most xl friendly IS mechs. And I apologize for talking smack your stock build doesn't suck.

But Im me and I tinker. Well this thing is a true walking tank what can I do with these hardpoints that is derptastic. Same engine drop all the mgs, the snuby and 4 JJs and add a RAC5 2 tons of ammo and 2 ersmalls.

A8<820V0|6d|PG|PGpJ0|i^|AP|AP|E@|E@qJ0|i^|i^rD0sD0|S@tJ0uJ0v40w202020

Now Im jumping over rocks and buildings making mechs do the 'I don't like this" dance.

My recommendation buy this mech, adjust the armor and run the stock build a few matches or maybe permanently. Or go derp with the RAC.

Edited by Johny Rocket, 01 December 2019 - 10:23 AM.

#2 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 January 2020 - 04:08 PM

Swab the SPPC for 2x ML or 2xMPL. Same alpha (better with MPLs), better cycle rate, better damage to heat ratio, less tonnage. Drop 4 JJs - six is waaay too much - remove the external Heat Sinks and use the space to install Ferro-Fibrous armor, and you'll have tonnage to max your engine while you're at it.

Edited by Horseman, 09 January 2020 - 04:09 PM.

#3 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 10 January 2020 - 01:57 PM

Loyalty Javelin is just a bad ACH-E or an even worst ACH Shard. If you want one of those specifically on IS knock yourself out but really like most machine gun light builds the Arctic Cheetah does the same thing better.

#4 Johny Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:18 PM

View PostMister Maf, on 10 January 2020 - 01:57 PM, said:

Loyalty Javelin is just a bad ACH-E or an even worst ACH Shard. If you want one of those specifically on IS knock yourself out but really like most machine gun light builds the Arctic Cheetah does the same thing better.

I have the Shard and do agree, I just found it amazing that they built a stock load out that was at all effective on an IS light.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users