Mw5 - Cannot Turn Left Or Right

14 replies to this topic

#1 Kashban

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationRatingen, Germany

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:31 PM

Strange issue with MW5 Mercs here: Everything works but turning left and right.

I set and reset the controls, restarted both game and my PC, no dice. My mech won't turn either by keyboard (default A/D as well as Arrow-left and -right) and Gamepad.

Only way to change direction is to aling the legs to the torso bearing.

Anybody else facing this or has a tip on how to solve this?

I had the beta installed beforehand and uninstalled before installing the full version.

#2 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:39 PM

Eek not sure?
A+D work fine on my keyboard.
try hardware first - changing keyboard and or usb port.
I do know that the gamepad doesn't work (worked ok in demo) but I haven't looked into the bindings yet, as playing with kb+m.

Otherwise, play around with the bindings for keyboard and see what you can come up with.

#3 Kashban

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 04:00 AM

On my Laptop it works, so did the beta on my PC. The keys work of course as intended in every other app, Windows, you name it.

This is something I never encountered before in my 25 years of PC gaming. I will most likely reinstall the game and try another keyboard, though this is kinda ridicilous.

#4 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 297 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:04 AM

View PostKashban, on 11 December 2019 - 04:00 AM, said:

On my Laptop it works, so did the beta on my PC. The keys work of course as intended in every other app, Windows, you name it.

This is something I never encountered before in my 25 years of PC gaming. I will most likely reinstall the game and try another keyboard, though this is kinda ridicilous.

Reinstalling might work assuming that you remove the config files (so just removing the config files might work). If the keys work outside of the game then it could be that the game shows the wrong bindings or something (game problem). Did you try every key on the keyboard to see if some other key works instead? It could also be that it broke the bindings though and no key works.

Probably another keyboard won't work as well.

There's always something new and even things that shouldn't be. Computers are too complex and more so than they have ever been. Posted Image

Edited by SomersetStriker, 11 December 2019 - 05:05 AM.

#5 Kashban

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:05 AM

Yes, it's probably something in the config files, since every other app works. I will try that first before reinstalling.

Thanks for the heads up!

#6 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 11:42 PM

Hey, same issue here. I was playing just fine last night and now I can't turn. Any resolution on this?

#7 Kashban

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 12:17 AM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 29 December 2019 - 11:42 PM, said:

Hey, same issue here. I was playing just fine last night and now I can't turn. Any resolution on this?

In my case it happened to be the HOTAS I have plugged in to play Star Citizen (Two Sticks, one Throttle). Even if turning by keyboard works for a brief time somehow the controllers kick in and remove the ability to turn left and right. Only left and right, beats me.

So in order to play MW 5 I have to disconnect my HOTAS which is kinda ridiculous for a mechwarrior game.

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 01:17 AM

oh look, another one.

before you go all scorched earth try resetting your controls to default and remap. the ingame mapper is kind of meh.

Edited by LordNothing, 30 December 2019 - 01:19 AM.

#9 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 30 December 2019 - 09:52 AM

Do you have a controller plugged in that might have nabbed the left and right inputs, like rudder pedals perhaps?

#10 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 10:29 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 30 December 2019 - 09:52 AM, said:

Do you have a controller plugged in that might have nabbed the left and right inputs, like rudder pedals perhaps?

I've left my T16000 joystick plugged in, but it has been plugged in since before MW5 was released. I've probably put 20 hours into MW5 without that being an issue.

I'll try unplugging it tonight. Weird that it would break like this without an update or changes.

#11 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 30 December 2019 - 10:40 AM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 30 December 2019 - 10:29 AM, said:

I've left my T16000 joystick plugged in, but it has been plugged in since before MW5 was released. I've probably put 20 hours into MW5 without that being an issue.

I'll try unplugging it tonight. Weird that it would break like this without an update or changes.

Maybe it isn't the cause, I was just thinking about what might steal two specific inputs but nothing else. I have the T16000 as well, I use it with the Target software which does some bizarre stuff when it's running. When I play MW5 I also have it plugged in (sans Target) and everything is fine.

#12 Carmaga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 30 December 2019 - 09:56 PM

I'm using HOTAS too and sometimes the input settings are messed up; for some reason and sometimes the in-game turning speed slider goes to zero. I can go forward and back with Throttle, but cannot turn. So when it occurs on my side of the screen, I just need to check the in-game joystick speed slider and put the slider % back to where it was.

#13 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 04:20 AM

View PostCarmaga, on 30 December 2019 - 09:56 PM, said:

I'm using HOTAS too and sometimes the input settings are messed up; for some reason and sometimes the in-game turning speed slider goes to zero. I can go forward and back with Throttle, but cannot turn. So when it occurs on my side of the screen, I just need to check the in-game joystick speed slider and put the slider % back to where it was.

ive had this happen to me after a patch or two.

#14 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 10:38 AM

Check your sensitivity settings 'in game'.
For some unknown reason, MW5 seems to reset them to minimum occasionally.
This seems to have been aggravated by the recent patch.

I'm still not understanding why a modern game will ignore conventional inputs that work perfectly outside of their interface.

This is a severe limitation that seems to affect quite a few players. (according to feedback on various user groups)
Very Sad that this may put a damper on game sales, and reduce interest in this wonderful genre.

Peace

#15 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:53 PM

I didn't follow up, unplugging my joystick did the trick. Playing once again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users