Mw5: Cannot Interact With Npcs Or Mechbay

23 replies to this topic

#1 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 06:55 PM

I remapped the interaction key to "Q" and now I cannot get past the hangar bay and am unable to talk to the ship captain. Waste of $50.

Anyone else getting annoying bugs like this?

#2 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 December 2019 - 06:57 PM

Don't know about that bug but I can't map the Scroll Up and Down to anything. By default, it is mapped to zoom in and out. I can use the scroll up and down in the menus and in-game but I just can't map it to anything else. I have the same problem in the demo but it wasn't fixed.

#3 Humpday

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:02 PM

I don't have that one, but sometimes my f1-f5 stop responding. Like, I can't command the lance at all...which btw was done very poorly.

They clearly haven't played Outer worlds bc there you define your NPC lance mates combat traits, ie aggressive, defensive, engage long, engage short... ect.

No matter, I just sent them all running to one place.

#4 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:05 PM

The lance-commands should have been made as a radial menu. At least as basic as the one in MWO would've been way better than what we have now. I was complaining against the use of Function buttons in the demo but I guess it was too late to change anything.

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:07 PM

i was having some problems. first thing i did was delete the save folder, remove the beta, and verified the game 2 or 3 times.

#6 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:14 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 10 December 2019 - 07:05 PM, said:

The lance-commands should have been made as a radial menu. At least as basic as the one in MWO would've been way better than what we have now. I was complaining against the use of Function buttons in the demo but I guess it was too late to change anything.

ok so i figured id buy an urbanmech because urbie op. its bad enough its slow af without being able to tweak the engine but it kept getting hung up on terrain which made it a thousand times worse. this one time i even had to go over there and push him away from a wall so he would start moving again. he would walk for 5 minutes, get confused and backtracked out, and then walk back the same way and get stuck in a loop of stupid that would make your average mwo potato look smart. thing is ive yet to see any other mech have problems with pathing.

Edited by LordNothing, 10 December 2019 - 07:15 PM.

#7 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:43 PM

View PostDjPush, on 10 December 2019 - 06:55 PM, said:

I remapped the interaction key to "Q" and now I cannot get past the hangar bay and am unable to talk to the ship captain. Waste of $50.

remapping seems broke, I too remapped the interact key, and will not work while in mech, and even though it is remapped, just using the default key for interact still works while in the Hanger, but my remapped turn keys, do not, at least I can turn with the mouse

#8 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:44 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 10 December 2019 - 07:14 PM, said:

ok so i figured id buy an urbanmech because urbie op. its bad enough its slow af without being able to tweak the engine but it kept getting hung up on terrain which made it a thousand times worse. this one time i even had to go over there and push him away from a wall so he would start moving again. he would walk for 5 minutes, get confused and backtracked out, and then walk back the same way and get stuck in a loop of stupid that would make your average mwo potato look smart. thing is ive yet to see any other mech have problems with pathing.

That is weird 'cause I've run a few Urbie lances in the demo and they didn't seem to have any problems.

#9 Ih8nixon

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:45 PM

View PostDjPush, on 10 December 2019 - 06:55 PM, said:

I flipped interaction to 'R' and select enemy to 'E'. Now 'R' does nothing and 'E' is now both interaction and target enemy.

Edit: The game will say to press R to interact with things, but pressing it does nothing. E is hardwired or something.

Edited by Ih8nixon, 10 December 2019 - 07:47 PM.

#10 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:47 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 10 December 2019 - 07:44 PM, said:

That is weird 'cause I've run a few Urbie lances in the demo and they didn't seem to have any problems.

it was on the volcanic tileset, which the demo didnt have. this map in particular had a lot of long channels you had to zigzag through to get anywhere. such is the way with quasi-procedural maps.

Edited by LordNothing, 10 December 2019 - 07:48 PM.

#11 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:49 PM

Rage 2 had similar issues. I remember one video by an Youtuber named Gopher who had problems with a 2-wheeled vehicles. He couldn't turn left (or was it right) if he remapped his keys 'cause one was hardcoded. It was only one Turn function that had this problem.

Guess the programmers don't pay attention anymore.

View PostLordNothing, on 10 December 2019 - 07:47 PM, said:

it was on the volcanic tileset, which the demo didnt have. this map in particular had a lot of long channels you had to zigzag through to get anywhere. such is the way with quasi-procedural maps.

So, that video about how the MW5 team "managed to fix issues with procedural maps" wasn't fully fixed at all Posted Image

#12 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:50 PM

View PostIh8nixon, on 10 December 2019 - 07:45 PM, said:

I flipped interaction to 'R' and select enemy to 'E'. Now 'R' does nothing and 'E' is now both interaction and target enemy.

Edit: The game will say to press R to interact with things, but pressing it does nothing. E is hardwired or something.

that's what I see, I have 'D' for interact, and it shows I need to press "D" to interact, yet if I use the default "E' for interact it still works, while the assigned 'D' will do nothing

#13 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:58 PM

View PostXaat Xuun, on 10 December 2019 - 07:50 PM, said:

that's what I see, I have 'D' for interact, and it shows I need to press "D" to interact, yet if I use the default "E' for interact it still works, while the assigned 'D' will do nothing

Yep, sounds exactly like the issue with 2-wheeled vehicles in Rage 2. One particular is hardcoded so that no matter what you assign it to, it'll only work with the default key.

#14 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:37 PM

Maybe that remmaped interact key only works while in-'Mech? Anybody checked that out? Could be hardwired for the dropship view.

#15 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:03 AM

Remapping keys is working for me.

#16 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:08 AM

View PostAppogee, on 11 December 2019 - 12:03 AM, said:

Remapping keys is working for me.

Can you map scroll up and down to any function other than zoom in and out?

#17 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:10 AM

While I no trouble with remapping my key in the full version, I had problems with the Demo where just resetting everything and then assigning keys worked.

My guess is that while on screen it shows a remap the new keys aren't saved after a remap or the file is just empty. On would have to find out what file saves the keymapping and see if there is an error if its also in the file.

#18 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:47 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 11 December 2019 - 01:10 AM, said:

While I no trouble with remapping my key in the full version, I had problems with the Demo where just resetting everything and then assigning keys worked.

My guess is that while on screen it shows a remap the new keys aren't saved after a remap or the file is just empty. On would have to find out what file saves the keymapping and see if there is an error if its also in the file.

I may need to check that and give it a try

#19 Maxx Blue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:47 AM

Here is what happens to me:

first, I never had the beta installed. Only installed the full version through the epic store. Before starting the campaign, I went in to re-map some keys. I think the only things I changed were to remap interact to ‘i’ and add ‘e’ as a secondary mapping for throttle 100%.

once I got through the tutorial, I couldn’t talk to any of the crew using ‘i’, but I could if I pressed ‘e’. However, once in a mission, neither ‘i’ or ‘e’ would collect salvage. ‘I’ did nothing, while pressing ‘e’ would set my throttle to 100%, which is what I had it mapped to. When I changed the mapping for interact back to ‘e’ i was able to collect salvage.

So, it looks like ‘e’ may be hard-coded when walking around on foot and isn’t being overridden if you have ‘e’ mapped to a mech-only command. However, if you are in a mech, it still expects you to press ‘e’ to interact, but pressing ‘e’ activates your custom binding and not the interact action.

#20 Radbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:37 PM

I have rebind issues, and it's a fresh install (no beta). Reported them today.

Interact doesn't rebind at all. Still at E, doesn't matter if I rebind it to antother key or mousebutton.
Not a single rebound key gets transfered to on-foot mode.

We just got a patch, but since PGI handles the MW5 communication even worse than the ever handled MWO's and EPIC is the worst launcher out there I have no clue if this issue may be solved with the patch. Do anyone see any patchnotes anywhere?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users