14 replies to this topic

#1 Catalinasgrace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 256 posts
  • LocationHudson, TX

Posted 10 December 2019 - 08:01 PM

So all of us updated our nvidia drivers to the new ones today. I had played the game before I realized the new drivers were even there if I'm honest. Well I'm rolling them back now as it dropped my fps damn near in half... Just food for thought for anyone that might be having issues as those of us in our little group found the same results...

Edited by Catalinasgrace, 10 December 2019 - 08:01 PM.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 09:08 PM

i didnt update my drivers and its still not looking as good as the demo.

#3 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:17 AM

Since my PC didn't let me install the drivers, for whatever reason it gives me an Error without explanation. Maybe my PC know it wouldn't be good ^_^

Anyway good to know that I can save myself the trouble of getting them to work.

#4 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 11 December 2019 - 02:50 AM

I installed the latest drivers at the behest of PGI support, and my MW5 still can't start..

Just gives me a "fatal error" message.. and I'm not the only one with this issue.

Looks like PGI dropped the pooch with nVidia again..

I'm just wondering how we are all gonna be compensated for all these major bugs.. I mean, I literally changed half of my computer's components to be able to play Mechwarrior 5, spent mucho dinero, and now I can't even start the game because of a bug?!

I'm thinking the first DLC should be free of charge for people that are having these game-breaking issues.

And the issues MUST be fixed A.S.A.P.

Edited by Vellron2005, 11 December 2019 - 02:51 AM.

#5 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 03:42 AM

As far as I know the fatal error bug is something unreal engine has struggled a long time with. Also I have played some unreal titles in my time and never encountered that problem. So its not PGI made but something that seams to be more deeply in the engine.

Also I don't know if this is Nvidia only related.

#6 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 03:58 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 11 December 2019 - 03:42 AM, said:

As far as I know the fatal error bug is something unreal engine has struggled a long time with. Also I have played some unreal titles in my time and never encountered that problem. So its not PGI made but something that seams to be more deeply in the engine.

Also I don't know if this is Nvidia only related.

I just hope they solve the problem, and quickly..

I've been waiting for this game a long long time.. and a "sorry we can't fix it, here's your money back" would crush me at this point..

I've had problem with MWO on an nVidia 1050Ti in my fiancee's laptop.. her Win10 has to run MWO in compatibility mode on Win7, with the nvidia center set up specially for that, or she gets literally 2 FPS..

#7 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:07 AM

Oh, BTW, the "new driver" gave me graphic glitches in the MW5 Demo aswell..

And not just that, but now, it takes the game MINUTES to load the mech models when I go to mechbay, or to paint a mech..

Another great product, eh PGI?

Come on guys.. you need to be better than this..

#8 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,687 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:13 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 11 December 2019 - 01:17 AM, said:

Since my PC didn't let me install the drivers, for whatever reason it gives me an Error without explanation. Maybe my PC know it wouldn't be good Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:39 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 11 December 2019 - 05:07 AM, said:

Another great product, eh PGI?

Come on guys.. you need to be better than this..

lol game works fine for me on worse hardware.

#10 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:56 AM

Installed new drivers, card has around 10% less heat.

Everything fine Posted Image

#11 RacerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 392 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:59 AM

I have an nVidia GTX 1660 Ti with 6GB of memory. Res is set to 1920x1080. I updated to game ready drivers. The Geforce Experience software recommended that all game settings change from high to max. Game's been running just. Are you guys playing at 1080p or 4K? I also have a G-Sync monitor. I do have G-Sync turned on in the monitor drivers and through the monitor on screen controls to get the best experience.

#12 Delude

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 06:04 PM

Getting the same error....Fatal Error when trying to start a campaign or instant action. Already sent in a ticket.

#13 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 16 December 2019 - 06:29 PM

I have Nvidia Geforce gtx 1050 whiiich according to mw5support is actually a tad below gtx 770 which is the minimum..
He explained nvidia have this odd description/ numbering of cards. And it seems correct because my card can barely load textures properly. And why not call it GTX 760 then? Friggin out of wack..

The textures even on low settings come and go as they see fit. My mechs look like polished marble. It seems to help a bit during loading between different aspects of the game, mechbay, in mission. But NEVER will the textures STAY or appear on the screen where you pick pilots and mechs.

Even around minimum for graphic card, the textures shouldnt just appear at will imo, Im no expert but thats my thought.

However. I did notice a small framedrop after latest Nvidia driver, BUT the optimization of MW5M helped a bit regarding textures. Because before that, I only went and adjusted the settings for the game in Nvidia control panel, under program settings.

Posted Image

Clay/ Marble Warrior 5

In general, the game needs more optimization and not only because of my kinks with it. While not a problem for me. SOme notice fram drops while zooming in...

Edited by Tordin, 16 December 2019 - 06:37 PM.

#14 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 06:54 PM

i haven't updated my drivers since i got my rtx2070 super. zero problems.

Edited by LordNothing, 16 December 2019 - 06:56 PM.

#15 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 16 December 2019 - 07:22 PM

View PostTordin, on 16 December 2019 - 06:29 PM, said:

I have Nvidia Geforce gtx 1050 whiiich according to mw5support is actually a tad below gtx 770 which is the minimum..
He explained nvidia have this odd description/ numbering of cards. And it seems correct because my card can barely load textures properly. And why not call it GTX 760 then? Friggin out of wack..

Here's the short version...

If you want the best gaming experience with Nvidia cards, buy the ones that have the numbers "80" at the end.

If you want to save up a little money and don't mind playing at 4k or less, then get the ones with "70" at the end.

If you want a decent compromise between cash and graphics, get the ones with "60" at the end.

If you're on a budget, then buy the ones with "50" at the end.

Anything less than those aren't exactly game-worthy even though you can play games.

The "GTX" are the higher variants and the "ti" are higher variants of those "GTX" cards. It's like the Audi R8, Audi R8 Plus and Audi R8 GT

They have 750, 760, 770, 780 and also 950, 960, 970, 980 where the 960 are close enough to compete against the 780. Why is it so? It is just to differentiate the different generation of cards. The 960 is far superior to the 760 but less than a 780. So, your 1050 is 2 generations higher than 7xx series but the 780 would be slightly better for gaming.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users