Mw5 Coop Campaign

31 replies to this topic

#21 SantaTheBest

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:49 AM

View PostExinjeru, on 12 December 2019 - 07:22 AM, said:

Do coop players get anything at all for joining your game? Like Cbills?

Look like no, nothing

#22 Radbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 December 2019 - 08:32 AM

I was just thinking about the coop, and the fact that my friends will not buy a $50 game just to join me in a few firefights.
There should be a slimmed down Multiplayer Only client for lets say $10.
- You can not play solo or host, only join a friend that owns the full copy of the game.

I'd buy a few of those to share among my friends to have someone to play with.

#23 Exinjeru

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 10:10 AM

Don't forget there's not even a way to gift the game on Epic store yet.

So there's no one even in the thread that has played and can say if coop clients get anything at all?

In an early preview they said that you could get cbills as an incentive to get people to join online, but PGI doesn't have any details anywhere about the coop.

#24 Thunderfrog

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Participant
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 12:43 PM

I think it would be great if you could hire your friends to come over as assets, still regarding tonnage limits. So if you want Random Friend to come help you, you split the payout with him and he brings his pilot and his mech.
Its just, if I have the game installed and want to play with my friends, I'll spend 5 hours in their game pushing them forward, and have 0 to show for it in my game other than my pal owing me some help later.

I'm going to have to play through all the same crap I just did!

#25 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 12 December 2019 - 02:37 PM

pgi version of co-op:You can't do jack ****. Wana buy a dlc pack?
other games' co-op: do all the things and buy more games from the developers when they make new games.

#26 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 12 December 2019 - 03:29 PM

well it is a single player game

what it looks like, if you're not the host, you are basically a NPC in the Co-Op
I didn't even noticed if I received any Payment, that the NPC I was playing get's paid for, seems like all I got was, time playing another players game, and gained nothing. I don't see a way to track rep earned, that wouldn't be too bad , if I was doing a Co-Op (non-host),And I still gained Rep.
C-Bills are not an issue, they're not my Mechs I am piloting.

If I am gaining rep, would be nice if there was a better way to notice it happening

#27 SantaTheBest

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 01:19 AM

View PostXaat Xuun, on 12 December 2019 - 03:29 PM, said:

well it is a single player game

Sure but why not making both? I mean you already have quick action where you can co-op, so if you put a "co-op campaign" I expect we all run the mercenary company in some way, or at least help gaining reputation or credit (mech is not yours agree, but you are piloting probably better than a IA).

Game looks quite good and is a shame that lacks this feature.
Actually for me is probably the stopping point until a mod is out

#28 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 13 December 2019 - 01:27 AM

View PostSantaTheBest, on 13 December 2019 - 01:19 AM, said:

Sure but why not making both? I mean you already have quick action where you can co-op, so if you put a "co-op campaign" I expect we all run the mercenary company in some way, or at least help gaining reputation or credit (mech is not yours agree, but you are piloting probably better than a IA).

Game looks quite good and is a shame that lacks this feature.
Actually for me is probably the stopping point until a mod is out

yeah that's what I was saying, need at least gain rep playing as a hired pilot.

I guess one could be OP, if you were able to use your self, having better/more skill points then the AI pilots

#29 ORIGINAL SteelWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 460 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe land of ID.

Posted 11 January 2020 - 07:41 PM

I'm more curious what happens to coop if the server they connect to to match your hotseater to you go out of business. No more coop I guess. PGI really should have had a LAN option.

I grew up having LAN parties and MW2-4 were a huge part of them. Why not 5? Oh sorry guys your computer has to connect to an off site server that matches your friends list from a 3rd party company back to our servers and then we can seat him in. So if your dont have the following there is no multiplayer.
1>Internet
2>Epic games account.
3>Friend added to your epic games friend list
4>A willingness to sit boared while your friend controls all the setup.

Instant action LAN that! Not player 2-3 connects to chat program A while host A connects to server A so player... *#&#^@##@$[BS OVERLOAD TRIGGERED HEAT SPIKE DETECTED!](mw2 reference)

#30 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 02:04 AM

When was the last time you had a game with LAN option? I can't remember and that is most likely the reason why its the way it is.

As for point 4. That is actualy a good point to me. Last time I played coop I allways had to hurry my friend to get things done so we can start the next mission and I allways had to tell him how to change the loadout of the mech he gave me so that I could play better.

#31 Fippy Darkpaw

• Pip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 05:36 AM

As a note, on in Hot Fix #3 on December 19, PGI added a permissions toggle to allow coop players to edit mechs in the mechbay. It's under the "group" tab in the multiplayer menu.

When my brother and I play coop, the host does the shopping and navigation while the coop player does the repairs and builds/refits. It's still not a perfect system, but much better for the coop player.

#32 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 07:38 AM

Ah right forgot about that this was patched in later. Played coop before that. I would love if I could just switch to see what the host does. Not medling with his stuff but maybe we all can look at the map together, suggesting missions to the host, work out mech configs together or browse the shop.

An additional pair of eyes just see more and it gives you something to do and reduces off time.

Edited by Nesutizale, 12 January 2020 - 07:38 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users