• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 07:04 PM

View PostWarhawke_, on 11 December 2019 - 10:37 AM, said:

Terrible crashing is a valid complaint
A big middle finger in regards to HOTAS/Joystick support is a valid complaint
Sloppy amateurish design from a company that delayed the game twice and it still was garbage. is a valid complaint.
Disregard and downright contempt for the community because they expected a working product for 50 bucks. is a valid complaint.

In short there are many thing to complain about that takes precedence of your silly complaint.

@everyone
MW5 live Hot-Fix!! #1
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash on start if there was a HOTAS device with more than 25 buttons - Fixed an issue where the game would crash if Logitech rudder pedals and other HOTAS Joysticks were plugged into the PC Note: If you are receiving a "incompatible version" error when attempting to invite a friend, it means that someone has this update and the other does not.

(From the discord about the day one patch)

#23 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 11 December 2019 - 07:30 PM

If we're to take some reviews seriously, then they shouldn't contain tripe like this one...

"[color=#101010]I think the heyday for MechWarrior has come and gone. There are just far better mech games out there than Mercenaries these days; Titanfall 2 comes to mind. Or even BattleTech itself, from Hairbrained Schemes."[/color]

#24 overheal

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:57 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 11 December 2019 - 07:30 PM, said:

If we're to take some reviews seriously, then they shouldn't contain tripe like this one...

"[color=#101010]I think the heyday for MechWarrior has come and gone. There are just far better mech games out there than Mercenaries these days; Titanfall 2 comes to mind. Or even BattleTech itself, from Hairbrained Schemes."[/color]

To be fair, Titanfall was a great MP game, Titanfall 2 was a great SP game with crap MP, and Battletech is a great game, too. I'd even throw Zone of the Enders on that list. MW5 needs a little work but it's shaping up to be a great game too.

View PostMrXanthios, on 11 December 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

entitlement?

the game is 50 bucks. GTFO.

And yet only complaints about elements of the title I doubt many people opened their wallets for. I for one wasn't expecting Mechwarrior: Uncharted, so it looks a bit silly to see others whining for refunds because of bad voice acting. Lots of games have bad voice acting, those games still rock (Oblivion LOL) plus complaints about things like "The minimap is in the wrong corner" are complete BS, the Beta, Demos, and Previews show you how the UI looks, bit late for crocodile tears about it. Go mod the UI to your hearts content

Edited by overheal, 12 December 2019 - 07:58 AM.

#25 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 12 December 2019 - 01:26 PM

View Postoverheal, on 12 December 2019 - 07:57 AM, said:

Go mod the UI to your hearts content

Using what, a downloadable tool from PGI that does nothing but display a picture? Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 12 December 2019 - 01:27 PM.

#26 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 01:41 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 11 December 2019 - 07:30 PM, said:

I just have played Titanfall 2 before MW5Mercs release and I must say that the singleplayer was good. Nice small story that got me hocked for a day. Played it through in 7 hours.
It made me notice that the AI of that game was realy bad. Also a lot of times you are on foot and not in your mech, so comparing those two is a bit tricky.
Also the mechs are more the "Lets have fun with big mechs and big guns and not be seriouse about it" vibe.

As for HBS Battletech...that dosn't quite compare to me as its a complete different genre. What they did definity do right was haveing a campaing mode and a seperate free mode.

#27 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 02:17 PM

View PostKoniving, on 11 December 2019 - 07:04 PM, said:

@everyone
MW5 live Hot-Fix!! #1
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash on start if there was a HOTAS device with more than 25 buttons - Fixed an issue where the game would crash if Logitech rudder pedals and other HOTAS Joysticks were plugged into the PC Note: If you are receiving a "incompatible version" error when attempting to invite a friend, it means that someone has this update and the other does not.

(From the discord about the day one patch)

lol, 25 buttons. direct input had support for 128 of them. i didnt see this because rather than mapping buttons in game, i simply mapped the buttons directly to keystrokes. so the controller mw5 sees has no buttons. the joystick support in this game is actually more versatile than it would appear. provided you know enough about input devices to haxxor them into a functioning state.

View PostMrXanthios, on 11 December 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

entitlement?

the game is 50 bucks. GTFO.

i grew up in a world where the customer was always right. i miss those days. get off my lawn.

Edited by LordNothing, 12 December 2019 - 02:16 PM.

#28 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 13 December 2019 - 05:47 AM

You know I think OP is beating the wrong bush here but please stop calling him entitled. The man paid money for something to make him happy and if it doesn't make him happy then he is perfectly within his rights to be upset.

#29 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 06:12 AM

View PostMystere, on 12 December 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

Using what, a downloadable tool from PGI that does nothing but display a picture? Posted Image

You can open, extract, and asset swap the pak file right now :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users