Can We Get An Mw5 Sub-Forum?

19 replies to this topic

#1 Maxx Blue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 11:42 AM

Since there are no official MW5 forums right now, and it’s pretty clear that there are a lot of players of that game who already have MWO forum accounts, can we get an MW5 sub-forum over here for the time being? General seems to have temporarily become the default place for MW5 chatter, but it might be easier for non-MWO players to find help if there was a sub-form titled appropriately. I know I didn’t come here at first because, even though I’ve played MWO for years, I didn’t see a new area specifically for MW5 so I thought this might not be the right place to talk about it, especially with mor bug-related stuff.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 11:56 AM

View PostMaxx Blue, on 11 December 2019 - 11:42 AM, said:

Since there are no official MW5 forums right now, and it’s pretty clear that there are a lot of players of that game who already have MWO forum accounts, can we get an MW5 sub-forum over here for the time being? General seems to have temporarily become the default place for MW5 chatter, but it might be easier for non-MWO players to find help if there was a sub-form titled appropriately. I know I didn’t come here at first because, even though I’ve played MWO for years, I didn’t see a new area specifically for MW5 so I thought this might not be the right place to talk about it, especially with mor bug-related stuff.

Obviously PGI does not want MW5 players to have their own sub-forum. Otherwise they would have created such sub-forum in last few weeks. But they have not.

So you are going to find MW5 threads all over the place: In Announcements, in General Section, in BattleTech section, in New Players section and I do not know where elsewhere.

Of course, I agree with you that a section dedicated to MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries would be nice to have.

EDIT:
This place has two dozens of administrators, global moderators, volunteer moderators, even PGI has their own Community Manager. Russ Bullock could use his own forum account too.

But all of them are obviously so busy that they have no time to tell us why PGI is so much against MW5 section of this forum, even if it would be absolutely logical to create such sub-forum to concentrate all reviews, questions, technical topics and suggestions in one place ...

Edited by martian, 11 December 2019 - 12:01 PM.

#3 RacerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 390 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:07 PM

I was wondering the same thing. I did not see any forums on the Epic service or website. Sooo....how are we supposed to communicate, offer feedback, and talk up the game? PGI?????

#4 Maxx Blue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:25 PM

I don’t really care why there is no official MW5 forum anywhere. I’m just asking that, no matter what the plan was supposed to be, we put a section on this forum to be used for the time being.

#5 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:43 PM

It seams like they just concentrate on Discord at the moment. I am not certain why but thats how it is and we seam to do our thing here anyway.

#6 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:48 PM

Its likely Russ will give the details on how mwo will be shutdown next month. Maybe MWO should be removed lol

#7 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 11 December 2019 - 03:26 PM

Watching this landfill of dumpster fires burn all about mw5 being pgi quality is funny as hell. Not a single thread about mwo either. I'm so dam glad I didn't waste my money on this with a pre-order. It's like people just forgot about pgi and mwo's history as soon as mw5 was announced. Did anyone really expect pgi to pull this game off without a but tload of problems after delay after delay and then the steam-but-egs-exclusive-now crap?

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:21 PM

the game isnt that bad. the joystick problems are fixable with the right amount of cfg hax (only a matter of time till someone writes a script to autoconfig joysticks by querying direct input for joystick data), bug fixes will roll out (its already updated itself once), they will finish their rtx implementation and so on. its not like all game developers dont do this. if you dont like it just buy the games a few months after they come out rather than a few months before.

it does need a forum though. mw5 has pretty much taken over gd. pgi can move them all to the battletech board, id rather post them in gd to protest there not being a dedicated mw5 forum. discord is no substitute.

Edited by LordNothing, 11 December 2019 - 05:26 PM.

#9 Maxx Blue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:56 PM

I wouldn’t call the game a dumpster fire, but maybe you were calling the forums a dumpster fire?

Anyway, I wasn’t at all surprised by the quality. Partially because I didn’t expect AAA in the first place, but mostly because I watched a good number of videos of people playing the beta. I was well aware of the limits of the UI and gameplay and still bought in. Yes, there are bugs, but nothing has really been more than an annoyance so far and I haven’t had a single crash. I had enough fun playing last night that I’m looking forward to playing again tonight. MW5 is good enough for me, even if it isn’t the best MW game ever.

#10 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 09:18 AM

View PostMaxx Blue, on 11 December 2019 - 05:56 PM, said:

I wouldn’t call the game a dumpster fire, but maybe you were calling the forums a dumpster fire?

Anyway, I wasn’t at all surprised by the quality. Partially because I didn’t expect AAA in the first place, but mostly because I watched a good number of videos of people playing the beta. I was well aware of the limits of the UI and gameplay and still bought in. Yes, there are bugs, but nothing has really been more than an annoyance so far and I haven’t had a single crash. I had enough fun playing last night that I’m looking forward to playing again tonight. MW5 is good enough for me, even if it isn’t the best MW game ever.

the forums. the forums. the forums. This place is less like a dumpster fire and more like a coal mine fire that resurfaces with bright flames from time to time.. This place has always been smoldering.. 5 is just the latest bunch of gasoline dumped upon it this year..

#11 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 13 December 2019 - 10:16 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 11 December 2019 - 05:21 PM, said:

the joystick problems are fixable with the right amount of cfg hax (only a matter of time till someone writes a script to autoconfig joysticks by querying direct input for joystick data) ...

I most certainly can, but I also most certainly will not under any circumstances do so at all. I am just sooooo tired of compensating for someone else's foul ups.

It took quite a bit of software and hardware wizardry to make my Warthog+Pedals+iPad set up work on MWO. I am not doing that again for any more of PGI's "less than stellar" outputs. <shrugs>

I'd rather sack cities in Total War: Rome 2 instead. <maniacal Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image>

Edited by Mystere, 13 December 2019 - 11:00 AM.

#12 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 05:25 PM

View PostMystere, on 13 December 2019 - 10:16 AM, said:

I most certainly can, but I also most certainly will not under any circumstances do so at all. I am just sooooo tired of compensating for someone else's foul ups.

It took quite a bit of software and hardware wizardry to make my Warthog+Pedals+iPad set up work on MWO. I am not doing that again for any more of PGI's "less than stellar" outputs. <shrugs>

I'd rather sack cities in Total War: Rome 2 instead. <maniacal Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image>

i could do it, but im not downloading a 50 gig sdk from ms. not to mention finding the one from before they deprecated direct input. and then fixing all the compiler issues thats going to cause. theres a reason i prefer sdl for joystick getting.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 December 2019 - 05:29 PM.

#13 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:46 AM

View PostJediPanther, on 11 December 2019 - 03:26 PM, said:

Watching this landfill of dumpster fires burn all about mw5 being pgi quality is funny as hell. Not a single thread about mwo either. I'm so dam glad I didn't waste my money on this with a pre-order. It's like people just forgot about pgi and mwo's history as soon as mw5 was announced. Did anyone really expect pgi to pull this game off without a but tload of problems after delay after delay and then the steam-but-egs-exclusive-now crap?

Whatever

Game is good enough, I don't think anyone expected something revolutionary from a company the size of PGI, or should have

Not a single crash and I have an Intel and Ryzen system to try out

Must be some weird configs that crash

Also you really think gamers are not a fickle bunch?
Blizzard bending over to China was forgotten on the spot once the next Diablo was revealed

Or how some people are just sorta now discovering how much of a sh*t show Fallout 76 is, after all the bad stuff that happened
Man bugs galore, even for paid premium content

Edited by Peter2k, 14 December 2019 - 06:51 AM.

#14 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:51 AM

View PostMaxx Blue, on 11 December 2019 - 11:42 AM, said:

Since there are no official MW5 forums right now, and it’s pretty clear that there are a lot of players of that game who already have MWO forum accounts, can we get an MW5 sub-forum over here for the time being? .

Would be nice

#15 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:50 AM

Have you checked the front page lately? This place be MW5 country now, nopony cares about your quaint little pvp pew pew anymore, certainly not the developers.

#16 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 11:26 AM

View PostDakkalistic, on 14 December 2019 - 10:50 AM, said:

Have you checked the front page lately? This place be MW5 country now, nopony cares about your quaint little pvp pew pew anymore, certainly not the developers.

well alot of it has to do with pgi and the EGS disaster... its not that theres more care about 5 so much as people have walked away after PGI pulled the switcharoo on them..
that and pgi's horrible decision to not segregate the forum and instead think that discord would suffice as a forum platform..

in any case this is a waseland of many forum fires started by PGI.. And its only a matter of time til they set 5 on fire too..

#17 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 14 December 2019 - 04:23 PM

I've already contacted draiocht about getting a MW5 dedicated forum, and he said he passed it along..

That was days ago..

One would think opening a new sub-forum would be less of a hassle..

#18 Button man

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 04:59 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 11 December 2019 - 03:26 PM, said:

overall i am actually enjoying the game,

#19 Iron Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 255 posts
  • LocationMy private booth in the Restaurant At The End Of The Universe

Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:00 PM

Yes, the game is fun.
It's a new single player RPG MechWarrior game with Co-Op .
And that's Phucking awsome!!

That being said.. control & key bind issues in a Mech sim, really?!?
No Forum?
None..?
Now I dunno off hand what you kicked in pre-purchase wise, But they are getting $50 & $60 usd at the epic store.
If they're gonna charge a AAA price, well come on now..

#20 Maxx Blue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 370 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 08:33 AM

To all the folks who got this sub forum created...THANK YOU!!!

that is all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users