Mw5: Thrustmaster T16000M Still Bugged: Throttle Is Actually; Slider 0?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 11 December 2019 - 11:53 AM

I'll cut to the chase here.... The line to add to the HOTASMappings.remap is:

AXIS: InAxis=GenericUSBController_Axis4, OutAxis=Throttle_Axis1, Invert=TRUE, Offset=0.5, DeadZoneMin=-0.08, DeadZoneMax=0.08, MapToDeadZone=TRUE

add that at the bottom of the T-16000m section and select Throttle Axis 1 in the MW5 Joystick tab. That should activate your throttle in MW5. GL&GH

original post:
So, for me the T-16000m works fine except that the game can't see the throttle axis. Now I tried assigning every axis in the controller options/joystick page to the throttle except X,Y, and RZ (1,2,3) but no luck. Now I know when playing Rise of Flight, their joystick configurator calls the T-16000m's throttle as the "P" axis if that tells anyone anything. Maybe adding the P axis is what is needed?

I have not found the T16000m in the device manager's list, but I do see my G13 gamepad there (it's currently unplugged).

However, the T-16000m is one of the joysticks that are stated to work with MW5 with no problems so I hope a fix is coming soon.

That brings us to the T16000m's configuration software, "TARGET". This works in MWO just fine, but if you run it in MW5 the buttons work as assigned key presses from the Keyboard, but the Axis's stop working, all of them. If TARGET did work you could create a throttle by dividing the throttle's range into key press brackets.

the corrected HOTASMapping.remap file code:

START_BIND
NAME: THRUSTMASTER T.16000M Joystick
VID: 0x044F
PID: 0xB10A
BUTTON: InButton=GenericUSBController_Button1, OutButtons=Joystick_Button1
BUTTON: InButton=GenericUSBController_Button2, OutButtons=Joystick_Button2
BUTTON: InButton=GenericUSBController_Button3, OutButtons=Joystick_Button3
BUTTON: InButton=GenericUSBController_Button4, OutButtons=Joystick_Button4
BUTTON: InButton=GenericUSBController_Button5, OutButtons=Joystick_Button5
BUTTON: InButton=GenericUSBController_Button6, OutButtons=Joystick_Button6
BUTTON: InButton=GenericUSBController_Button7, OutButtons=Joystick_Button7
BUTTON: InButton=GenericUSBController_Button8, OutButtons=Joystick_Button8
BUTTON: InButton=GenericUSBController_Button9, OutButtons=Joystick_Button9
BUTTON: InButton=GenericUSBController_Button10, OutButtons=Joystick_Button10
BUTTON: InButton=GenericUSBController_Button11, OutButtons=Joystick_Button11
BUTTON: InButton=GenericUSBController_Button12, OutButtons=Joystick_Button12
BUTTON: InButton=GenericUSBController_Button13, OutButtons=Joystick_Button13
BUTTON: InButton=GenericUSBController_Button14, OutButtons=Joystick_Button14
BUTTON: InButton=GenericUSBController_Button15, OutButtons=Joystick_Button15
BUTTON: InButton=GenericUSBController_Button16, OutButtons=Joystick_Button16
BUTTON: InButton=GenericUSBController_Hat1, OutButtons=Joystick_Hat_1
BUTTON: InButton=GenericUSBController_Hat2, OutButtons=Joystick_Hat_2
BUTTON: InButton=GenericUSBController_Hat3, OutButtons=Joystick_Hat_3
BUTTON: InButton=GenericUSBController_Hat4, OutButtons=Joystick_Hat_4
BUTTON: InButton=GenericUSBController_Hat5, OutButtons=Joystick_Hat_5
BUTTON: InButton=GenericUSBController_Hat6, OutButtons=Joystick_Hat_6
BUTTON: InButton=GenericUSBController_Hat7, OutButtons=Joystick_Hat_7
BUTTON: InButton=GenericUSBController_Hat8, OutButtons=Joystick_Hat_8
AXIS: InAxis=HOTAS_XAxis, OutAxis=Joystick_Axis2, Invert=FALSE, Offset=-0.498039, DeadZoneMin=-0.1, DeadZoneMax=0.1, MapToDeadZone=FALSE
AXIS: InAxis=HOTAS_RZAxis, OutAxis=Joystick_Axis3, Invert=FALSE, Offset=-0.5, DeadZoneMin=-0.2, DeadZoneMax=0.2, MapToDeadZone=TRUE
AXIS: InAxis=HOTAS_YAxis, OutAxis=Joystick_Axis1, Invert=FALSE, Offset=-0.498039, DeadZoneMin=-0.3, DeadZoneMax=0.3, MapToDeadZone=TRUE
AXIS: InAxis=GenericUSBController_Axis4, OutAxis=Throttle_Axis1, Invert=TRUE, Offset=0.5, DeadZoneMin=-0.08, DeadZoneMax=0.08, MapToDeadZone=TRUE

Edited by Lightfoot, 13 December 2019 - 10:39 AM.

#2 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:52 PM

I noticed there was a 247mb update. Throttle still not working on the T16000m though.

#3 LaserLizard

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:55 PM

I have this same joystick and am having this same issue. for now I have simply set Throttle Up and Throttle down to side keys :\

Edited by LaserLizard, 11 December 2019 - 12:57 PM.

#4 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:23 PM

Currently supported Joysticks/HOTAS with MW5 by default:
ThrustMaster T.16000M Joystick
ThrustMaster TWCS Throttle
ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X
Logitech Extreme 3D pro Joystick
Saitek X52
Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals
Saitek Pro Flight X-56 Rhino Stick
Saitek Pro Flight X-56 Rhino Throttle
Saitek X52 Pro

This document will show you how to configure your own Joysticks:
https://static.mw5me...cumentation.pdf

- Fixed an issue where the game would crash on start if there was a HOTAS device with more than 25 buttons
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash if Logitech rubber pedals and other HOTAS Joysticks were plugged into the PC

Note: If you are receiving a "incompatible version" error when attempting to invite a friend, it means that someone has this update and the other does not.

----
Tina just posted this on Discord

#5 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 12 December 2019 - 11:14 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 11 December 2019 - 01:23 PM, said:

Saitek X52
Saitek X52 Pro

- Fixed an issue where the game would crash on start if there was a HOTAS device with more than 25 buttons
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash if Logitech rubber pedals and other HOTAS Joysticks were plugged into the PC

Note: If you are receiving a "incompatible version" error when attempting to invite a friend, it means that someone has this update and the other does not.

----

Unfortunately PGI has not fixed the Throttle on the Thrustmaster T-16000m. Perhaps their setup has a separate hardware throttle like a HOTAS, in which case calling it a Throttle ZAxis probably works, but if you are only using the T16000m by itself, it's throttle definitely does not work. This may be because the T16000m's throttle is defined as Slider 0 in it's properties tab rather than a Throttle. I do not know.

So hey, the Thrustmaster T16000m is still bugged and not working.

#6 Eurystheus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 02:15 PM

View PostLightfoot, on 12 December 2019 - 11:14 AM, said:

This may be because the T16000m's throttle is defined as Slider 0 in it's properties tab rather than a Throttle. I do not know.

So, under the assumption that they wouldn't have coded up and provided a .Remap file if they didn't know how to make it work, I attached my .Remap file to an email with an explanation of all the problems I was running into and sent it to tech supt.

I come from the land of Grownup Computing where if a company's software is not working as documented, it is acknowledged by both the company and the customer that it is the responsibility of the company to fix it and make it work. Way less fun than bitching in forums, but usually the faster way to get something fixed. I look forward to finding out if that approach works in the land of Computer Gaming.

#7 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 03:30 PM

thats odd, slider0 is usually axis 7. for ch the axis names are x, y ,z ,r ,u ,v , slider0, slider1. though direct input likes to use the rx, ry, rz instead of r,u,v. or slider, dial instead of slider0 and slider1. of course your stick drivers can just throw those conventions out the window at will.

you can try GenericUSBController_Axis*. there are 10 of those so might as well try them all. its not included in the documentation but maybe try HOTAS_RXAxis and HOTAS_RYAxis in addition to the others. i think the best approach is to copy a line that works in game, say the y axis. set out axis to throttle1 (i found throttle didn't work when i set it to one of the joystick axes), and try every option possible in the inaxis until it works. then tweak the other variables until it works correctly (my throttle was inverted for some reason).

Edited by LordNothing, 12 December 2019 - 03:37 PM.

#8 cx5

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 07 January 2020 - 07:43 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 11 December 2019 - 01:23 PM, said:

Saitek X52
Saitek X52 Pro

----

I only have the TWCS without the T16000m,

I want to use Rocker Axis = RZ to change/rotate my leg left or right, but does not work now. I've edited the HOTASmap file, in axis = RzAxis, out axis = Throttle 2 and set in game Leg rotation to this, but it twitches once then stop no more response. i.e. it responsed and tried to move but then something else is stopping it.

Reference
Posted Image

View PostLordNothing, on 12 December 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

thats odd, slider0 is usually axis 7. for ch the axis names are x, y ,z ,r ,u ,v , slider0, slider1. though direct input likes to use the rx, ry, rz instead of r,u,v. or slider, dial instead of slider0 and slider1. of course your stick drivers can just throw those conventions out the window at will.

you can try GenericUSBController_Axis*. there are 10 of those so might as well try them all. its not included in the documentation but maybe try HOTAS_RXAxis and HOTAS_RYAxis in addition to the others. i think the best approach is to copy a line that works in game, say the y axis. set out axis to throttle1 (i found throttle didn't work when i set it to one of the joystick axes), and try every option possible in the inaxis until it works. then tweak the other variables until it works correctly (my throttle was inverted for some reason).

Do we need to exit game and launch from epic everytime we change the mapping file?

Or can we just finished editing the file and new a new in battle game and it will load the HOTASmap everytime?

#9 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:00 AM

yea, i think the game only reads the file once at init. otherwise why not just have all those settings in game where you could tweak them on the fly. i had to do a lot of tweak->load->test cycles to get a good handle on the way things work in mw5. thats one of those things that makes me happy i splurged on an nvme ssd.

should also point out that if you get any kind of control at all, even if its sporadic and completely unusable, you are on the right track. might be the deadzone values that need tweaking. offset should be either + or - 0.5 (positive if invert == true, negative otherwise), deadzone should be a hell of a lot smaller than the huge number pgi uses as a default (0.1 is 10% ffs). if your deaedzone and offset overlap at all, you have effectively disabled your axis.

Edited by LordNothing, 08 January 2020 - 09:09 AM.

#10 cx5

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 09 January 2020 - 07:56 PM

View Postcx5, on 07 January 2020 - 07:43 PM, said:

I only have the TWCS without the T16000m,

I want to use Rocker Axis = RZ to change/rotate my leg left or right, but does not work now. I've edited the HOTASmap file, in axis = RzAxis, out axis = Throttle 2 and set in game Leg rotation to this, but it twitches once then stop no more response. i.e. it responsed and tried to move but then something else is stopping it.

Reference
Posted Image

Do we need to exit game and launch from epic everytime we change the mapping file?

Or can we just finished editing the file and new a new in battle game and it will load the HOTASmap everytime?

I want to highlight my suspision that PGI has full set T16000m plus TWCS, hence it is in default hotasmap file, and used something else to rotate the legs instead of TWCS's rocker, this is probably why the necessary code is not there.

I've finally spent around 4 or 5 hours accumulated to fix the TWCS's ROCKER rotate leg. See posts https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6314029

View PostLordNothing, on 08 January 2020 - 09:00 AM, said:

yea, i think the game only reads the file once at init. otherwise why not just have all those settings in game where you could tweak them on the fly. i had to do a lot of tweak->load->test cycles to get a good handle on the way things work in mw5. thats one of those things that makes me happy i splurged on an nvme ssd.

should also point out that if you get any kind of control at all, even if its sporadic and completely unusable, you are on the right track. might be the deadzone values that need tweaking. offset should be either + or - 0.5 (positive if invert == true, negative otherwise), deadzone should be a hell of a lot smaller than the huge number pgi uses as a default (0.1 is 10% ffs). if your deaedzone and offset overlap at all, you have effectively disabled your axis.

Thanks @LordNothing, yeah, found all those out the hard and slow way. Still, kudos and thanks for all your effort, it is you who triggered all these and gave me determination and motivation to find the fix that I need. Thumbs up mechwarrior.

#11 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 08:09 PM

i think the only situation where you would need an axis with an offset of 0 or 1 or -1 is if you are mapping an axis, say a toe break to one half of an axis and another axis to the other half. i use my toe breaks because the actual rudder axis is in really bad shape (they are kind of old). i also find it much more responsive, but im mapping those in the ch control manager and not the game. i do know the game will try to use multiple sticks if they have configs. so there is the possibility of really advanced joystick configs.

Edited by LordNothing, 09 January 2020 - 08:10 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users