Mw5, Option For Injury Only?

4 replies to this topic

#1 AurioDK

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 12:38 AM

I am not very good at shooters but always loved the Mechwarrior series, I have no problem completing the missions but my co-pilots keep dying randomly, maybe because I am too slow in completing things?

Sometimes I decide I have had enough and retreat disregarding further bonuses, that´s pretty much suicidal when it comes to the other pilots, they get blown to pieces.

I feel I have no control whatsoever as I can´t tell them to bail out and head for extraction. We lesser skilled people should at least have the option to have them "eject" as in "injury only". I see no difficulty options, so I guess there are none but at least this would alleviate some issues.

It´s bad enough to have to pay for the repairs of the broken mech.

#2 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 01:03 PM

You can order your pilots to go to a specific point. Maybe use that and cover their retreat?
Still I would also have a quick option / hotkey to send them back to base/extraction point or better yet have a retreat option where they AI puts in the reverse and moves backwards to the dropship while giveing coverfire.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 05:46 PM

I've seen that Assassins can shoot behind themselves.

Ordering them away from the action seems to be the best option to get them away from the fight when things are getting bad. Playing some instant action I had one guy inform me that he was in bad shape -- the second he died. So it'd be nice if they'd inform us before actually being dead.

#4 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 03:19 AM

For me they often informe me before they die but sometimes there is very little time, espacialy when faceing something that has the "one shot kill" potential like everything with massiv SRMs...like SRM carriers. LRM and SRM carriers....I hate these guys.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 10:17 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 13 December 2019 - 03:19 AM, said:

For me they often informe me before they die but sometimes there is very little time, espacialy when faceing something that has the "one shot kill" potential like everything with massiv SRMs...like SRM carriers. LRM and SRM carriers....I hate these guys.

The firing rates that SRM/LRM carriers have is sort of the issue for me. Multiple launchers plus PGI's front-loaded firing rates...

My mod would be un-frontloading damage for many weapons. SRMs and LRMs would depend on the manufacturer as some would still be front-loaded and some would be un-frontloaded.

If frontloaded, the firing rate would cut significantly so yes the missiles would hit twice as hard per volley (because 1x armor) but a volley from each launcher every ten seconds is devastating but something you could deal with, rather than 3 volleys every ten seconds (so currently in 3 volleys from each launcher the damage is like 1.5x as hard as a single volley compared to 2x armor. So, after the mod they'd be an additional 50% more deadly but in a single volley per launcher every ten seconds that you could use cover to avoid. You'd still be facing however many launchers a carrier is carrying, but you'd also know that once all the chambers are fired it'll be helpless until it reloads giving you the chance to safely kill it.).

And when un-frontloaded, they could spam much weaker and comparatively smaller looking missiles with a higher volume of these weaker missiles.

---

To engage enemy vehicles from farther away, periodically look away from where you are going before you get there.
The enemies spawn when you look away from their spawn points, with a decently long-range... problem is most spawn points on pre-made maps are, well, in front of you on your way there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users