Mw5 Graphical Anomalies

General

8 replies to this topic

#1 zzBigFootzz

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationEnfield, NS Canada

Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:27 AM

Hey all, been a while. Miss the game. I played MW4 for years and I just got bored of MWO but wanted to come back. I see the MW5 is out and so far the game play is very fun but I am having some graphical issues. During the first cut scene when the ship approaches the planet its almost like there are hot pixels flashing on the screen.

When I am going to my first mech its like there is a checkered mesh over top the screen and this is always there and very annoying. I played with the settings to no help.

Now, my Graphics card isn't supported, its a Radeon HD 7870 DD by XFX. Could be the problem but I am running Battlefield 5 no issues and it seems to be more graphically involved than this title.

Any insight would be great.

Jeff / BigFoot

#2 WhineyThePoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 247 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:39 AM

Set AA to high or max. Made all the difference for me

#3 Funky Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:56 AM

View PostWhineyThePoo, on 12 December 2019 - 07:39 AM, said:

Set AA to high or max. Made all the difference for me

This ^^

Basically the only way to solve it for now. It's still there but the AA does a decent job of hiding it.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 08:36 AM

Haven't seen this...
Sounds like low settings issues? The checked mess made me think of a missing texture at first.

Am using a Radeon card myself.

#5 zzBigFootzz

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationEnfield, NS Canada

Posted 12 December 2019 - 08:50 AM

I ran it over teamviewer and it looks much much better now. I will confirm later. Thanks so much!

#6 Rorik Thrumsalr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 December 2019 - 11:49 AM

This seems to be an issue with many AMD cards (my vega 56 included) and some isolated Nvidia ones as well. It's dithering the shadows rather than properly shading them. Oddly enough I didn't have this problem with the beta/demo.

Changing the shadows setting doesn't help, but it apparently can be mitigated with the AA setting.

There are additional problems with the way the game interfaces with AMD cards, one such being that zooming in causes the framerate to tank by up to 75% (in my case for example). I've seen some people comment that the Unreal4 engine just doesn't like to play nice with AMD GPU's as a general rule of thumb.

Regardless, This is why Piranha needs to have a support forum, discord is wholly inadequate for tackling bugs and errors.

Attached is an example of the problem.
Posted Image

#7 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 01:44 PM

I have found these two commands that can be added to the Engine.ini

[SystemSettings]
r.AMDDisableAsyncTextureCreation=true
r.AMDD3D11MultiThreadedDevice=true

There was something written about AMD specific problems, have forgotten the details but maybe someone with AMD cards wnatst to try them?

#8 Rorik Thrumsalr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 December 2019 - 10:26 PM

Nesutizale, I can give it a whack when I am able.

#9 Wanderfound

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 07:36 PM

View PostzzBigFootzz, on 12 December 2019 - 06:27 AM, said:

I am having some graphical issues. During the first cut scene when the ship approaches the planet its almost like there are hot pixels flashing on the screen.

When I am going to my first mech its like there is a checkered mesh over top the screen and this is always there and very annoying. I played with the settings to no help.

Now, my Graphics card isn't supported, its a Radeon HD 7870 DD by XFX. Could be the problem but I am running Battlefield 5 no issues and it seems to be more graphically involved than this title.

I'm having similar issues (Radeon RX560):

* Sparkly out-of-place pixels everywhere during the intro.
* Constant stuttering and cutouts during the cutscene animations.
* Lagging when zoomed in.

Apart from the zoom issue, it's fine during actual gameplay. But the cutscene stuttering is annoying.

If anyone has any other suggestions as to graphics settings or other simple methods to minimise the issue, it'd be appreciated.

Edited by Wanderfound, 13 December 2019 - 07:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users