Missing Hero Mech In The Store

3 replies to this topic

#1 Maxx Blue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 370 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 09:55 AM

This has happened to me twice now. I’ve seen a planet listing a hero mech available, jump to the system, on the home screen it has the little note saying “mech blah blah blah available”, but if I click on that note or go to the market tab...no hero mech. The most recent one was last night, I was in Marik space and the home screen said there was a Death’s Knell available, but there was nothing in the market. Does this happen to anyone else?

#2 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 04:42 PM

Maxx Blue said:

1576864529[/url]' post='6310029']
This has happened to me twice now. I’ve seen a planet listing a hero mech available, jump to the system, on the home screen it has the little note saying “mech blah blah blah available”, but if I click on that note or go to the market tab...no hero mech. The most recent one was last night, I was in Marik space and the home screen said there was a Death’s Knell available, but there was nothing in the market. Does this happen to anyone else?

Yeah, I’ve had similar. I found a golden boy, came up correctly in the store ready to buy, but I didn’t have the 9m cbills for it. As such, I went and did a couple of missions, came back, icon still there, “hero mech: Goldenboy” still on the home screen, nothing in the store except a cicada and a spider. I reloaded the game from before the last mission, icon and home screen sign still there, this time there was a Warhammmer and a locust, still no goldenboy.

I don’t know if it’s because the store was meant to have restocked because I’d spent too much time doing missions and the sign was glitched, or if the hero mech was meant to be there and just not spawned into the store properly, but it’s annoying. When I have time, I’ll try reloading from before I went to make money, see if I have the opportunity - I’ll lose my second lance to buy it, but it might be worth it. Otherwise, I’ll have to content myself with a Warhammmer.

Edited by Maddermax, 20 December 2019 - 04:48 PM.

#3 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 20 December 2019 - 06:10 PM

seen this a couple times

#4 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 01:35 AM

The mech available periodically updates and moves around...this is to account for the fact it takes TIME to do missions, travel between systems, etc. The game starts in 3015 remember... I'm up to 3044 on my current campaign timeline. This is one of the problems with such a wide time line for this game and the enormous number of days it takes to travel around and to recover injured pilots and do refits. Most prior MW games did it all in only a few years of timeline history. 29 years of time in this game and I'm still not finished the actual black inferno campaign because there's no need to actually rush to complete it. There's no penalty for not just focusing any quests to completion. In the lore, Wolf's Dragoons settled their blood feud with House Kurita in only a handful of years, and had toured every great house of the inner sphere in only ten or so years as part of their scouting mission for the clans.

Edited by Dee Eight, 21 December 2019 - 01:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users