#22 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:57 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 13 December 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

^Yes, this is true. Sucks, IMO.

Like...seriously? Theres no save function, you have to do it for each mech or just once for the entire company or whatever you have?

#23 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 09:04 AM

For every mech.

#24 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 09:06 AM

Im not even going to bother making fun of that one, it speaks for itself. Hex codes. Pgi making people put hex codes in to make their mechs match, in 2019.

#25 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 10:35 AM

View PostSir Wulfrick, on 12 December 2019 - 07:14 PM, said:

Interesting, thanks for expanding on the spawn mechanic. Could be workable in co-op: send in a scout to activate the spawn, scout retreats to the "main force" (all 3 other mechs) then attack.

Weird, janky, doesn't really work that well... Welcome to PGI land.

In single player, just twist left or right periodically and "admire the scenery."
They'll pop out in front of you.

View PostToothless, on 13 December 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

Can anyone confirm/deny that you arent even able to save your color scheme for your mechs and have to put in hex codes to select exact colors?

PGI thought it was easier than giving a list of colors.
The lack of saving the colors is a bit of a pain.

#26 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 10:58 AM

I think it was just a matter of "We dont make a few bucks per color any more" and they didnt include one of the most basic things you'd expect in a run-your-own-unit game because of that.

#27 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 11:31 AM

Ackchtully it simulates mixing the paint yourself which any REAL mercenary company fielding foam robots would have to do

#28 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 13 December 2019 - 01:09 PM

I have a feeling that the Dropship was supposed to be more alive with people moving and doing things. Maybe there was even more functionality planned for it too.

I just get this feeling from what is there that a lot of Leopard content was dropped during development.

#29 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 01:15 PM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 13 December 2019 - 01:09 PM, said:

I have a feeling that the Dropship was supposed to be more alive with people moving and doing things. Maybe there was even more functionality planned for it too.

I just get this feeling from what is there that a lot of Leopard content was dropped during development.

I recall a scene in one trailer that's no longer available where the player is following two other people on a walkway in daylight toward a building.
I suspect there was more intended to do on foot altogether.
(The building's interior looked like a bar. Remember how Russ keeps comparing MW5 to mw1? The bar was how you found out about missions and leads and hired recruits..)

Edited by Koniving, 13 December 2019 - 01:18 PM.

#30 Five by Five

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 01:16 PM

Same feeling here. Core game play is great. I like the contract, salvage, and pilot skill systems. But it seems like they aimed high then had to cutout, remove, cut corners and skip polish to make the release.

I also get the feeling they never really settled on a final story line until late in development and then had to rush it. Looking at all those different implied stories through the various trailers, seems they batted a lot of ideas around and then ran out of time flesh one out well.

Edited by Five by Five, 13 December 2019 - 01:20 PM.

#31 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 01:40 PM

When I'm done with my weapon mod, or when stumped after the first release, since I'm making a couple of mechs I'll need some practice with the animation system that Unreal engine uses.

I may use the people as practice and get them to do a bit more than stand around, though the actual AI associated with them is what would get the animations so I can't say if Fahad or Ryana would do those things. I seriously doubt they will. But someone will.

But for any serious "human" improvements, I'm differing to someone else doing it.

#32 Sir Wulfrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 872 posts
  • LocationIn a warship, over your planet :-)

Posted 13 December 2019 - 03:59 PM

View PostKoniving, on 13 December 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

PGI thought it was easier than giving a list of colors.
The lack of saving the colors is a bit of a pain.

Yes. Yes it is. What would be really nice would be firstly to be able to create my own merc unit logo, or at least pick from a bunch of logos and also decide the colour scheme. I want that logo to appear on my mechs. Secondly, if I take the time to pick a cammo scheme and the relevant colours, we should be able to save that combo and load it for any mech. Hopefully this is a QoL thing that's on PGI's to-do list, though I won't hold my breath given how atrocious the UI was (is?) in MWO.

Edited by Sir Wulfrick, 13 December 2019 - 04:00 PM.

#33 Button man

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 04:37 PM

i agree with some of your points

#34 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 06:22 PM

View PostFive by Five, on 13 December 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

Same feeling here. Core game play is great. I like the contract, salvage, and pilot skill systems. But it seems like they aimed high then had to cutout, remove, cut corners and skip polish to make the release.

I also get the feeling they never really settled on a final story line until late in development and then had to rush it. Looking at all those different implied stories through the various trailers, seems they batted a lot of ideas around and then ran out of time flesh one out well.

Found evidence that it's more than a feeling.
https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6307954
That post and the one below it.

If you were wondering if Ryana ever did anything, not that's in the game files.
She literally only has idle animation 5.

#35 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 14 December 2019 - 04:56 AM

Does anyone have witnessed the AI using jumpjets?

#36 Sir Wulfrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 872 posts
  • LocationIn a warship, over your planet :-)

Posted 14 December 2019 - 05:23 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 14 December 2019 - 04:56 AM, said:

Does anyone have witnessed the AI using jumpjets?

Never seen it. I ended up stripping all the JJs out of my teams mechs and adding in extra armour & heat sinks.

#37 Subhntr

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 05:26 AM

View PostZervziel, on 12 December 2019 - 07:37 PM, said:

Merc company: Looking for able pilots. Must have some situational awareness. Circling strafing into a swarm of vehicles is punishable by being strapped to DropShip Engine before take off.

This. And yet, it doesn't seem like the OpFor is as prone to circle-strafing without good reason, or making other idiot choices as much as my lancemates...

It really feels like there are two different grades of CPU pilot - those that we face are better shots and more intelligent than our lancemates...but maybe that's just me. Still, if my lance fields, say, a Hunchback, the OpFor will *always* gun for that RT, but if we see an enemy one, my lancemates spread damage like they're playing tabletop.

At the very least, I'd like the rest of my lance to obey my commands better - 'form up on me' should mean 'stay in formation, and if I back up, back up with me', not 'run up and circle-strafe with that CDA-2A and get shot by everyone else'. Posted Image I just had a mission where the AI actually spawned a good distance away in front of us (Assassination), and our longish-range weapons were 50 LRM tubes and five Large Lasers vs. 20 tubes and an AC/5. I wanted to hang back and use our range advantage, but apparently my repeated commands to stay in formation weren't good enough for my Mechwarriors, who proceeded to close the distance and circle-strafe the above mentioned Cicada. Posted Image

#38 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 14 December 2019 - 05:55 AM

for what we have the minimap and radar ? im seeing the enemys faster in the Screen as in the minimap , waht the range of teh radar ?10ft? or im overseeing a option?

#39 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:00 AM

The "radar" has a range of 800 meters.
Like MWO, it only works ahead of you and displays enemies if you can physically see them.

As such the radar isn't really a radar.

#40 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:40 AM

ok ,its the problem with the Enemy spawn araund behind in 100ft. so the Minimap is most useless

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users