#41 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 14 December 2019 - 12:23 PM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 14 December 2019 - 04:56 AM, said:

Does anyone have witnessed the AI using jumpjets?

I've see a AI use JJ, to follow me , I jumped the wall towards enemy, and my AI followed jumping the wall too.
one player I was in TS with, had watched his AI in a Grasshopper do a jump shot

#42 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 December 2019 - 12:25 PM

View PostXaat Xuun, on 14 December 2019 - 12:23 PM, said:

I've see a AI use JJ, to follow me , I jumped the wall towards enemy, and my AI followed jumping the wall too.

Yep, that definitely happens.

#43 Hammer Hand

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 65 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:47 PM

I have played MWO for years but playing MW5 makes me motion sick very quickly. I have tinkered witht he graphics in game to try and "fix" it. It did get a little better, but I have basically shelved the game. It almost looks like the game warps in the middle (curves .... parabolic).
Things I tried:
lower graphics settings
windowed to a smaller window
and lowered the brightness of my monitor.

Does anyone have any other things I might try?

#44 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:30 PM

View PostHammer Hand, on 14 December 2019 - 08:47 PM, said:

Does anyone have any other things I might try?

Third person should help.

"Head bob" is what you're looking for. If you can find a way to disable headbob in Mw5 or Unreal Engine in general, you can remove that effect.

View PostXaat Xuun, on 14 December 2019 - 12:23 PM, said:

Now we just need to see if a bad guy would use them.

#45 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:38 AM

View PostKoniving, on 14 December 2019 - 09:30 PM, said:

Third person should help.

"Head bob" is what you're looking for. If you can find a way to disable headbob in Mw5 or Unreal Engine in general, you can remove that effect.

Now we just need to see if a bad guy would use them.

Third person is not a solution :D :D never ....its like me , the Grafic looks like a old crysis or Unreal game , to hard contrast and all a little flickering ,must more play with the Seetings .

#46 BoldricKent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 251 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:51 AM

i was really taken back by whole IS map, which could use some upgrading in search options, major planets could be more distinguishes (both visual as in practical application). I jumped on Terra, Solaris and Tharkad, which should be quite prominent locations. Nope, even tech level is lower then on hubs, black market on Solaris,arenas ????. For the title that was delayed and polished to the last minute, so much missing....Duncan Fisher.

#47 Sybreed

• 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:58 AM

the spawn mechanic is a big negative for me. Makes the game feel like it's made by kids with attention disorder. There's a tank here, and now there! Oh wait there's one behind you! Turn your back again, there are now 2 mechs! Oh and look above! Choppers!

Enemies should spawn from much further away, from "logical" locations (like say, not where you just dropped). In previous MW titles the enemies would have more "fixed spawns".

Also, make difficulty less related to mech numbers? I'm sick of fighting 10 light mechs sprinting around. Make it 4 medium and 2 lights! Or, 1 heavy, 1 medium and 4 lights! Seems like PGI was so afraid you would be "bored" of not shooting at anything that they went with a "more is more" approach instead of a "less is more".

I wouldn't mind fighting fewers, bigger mechs than too many lights.

Edited by Sybreed, 15 December 2019 - 09:58 AM.

#48 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:46 PM

View PostSybreed, on 15 December 2019 - 09:58 AM, said:

the spawn mechanic is a big negative for me. Makes the game feel like it's made by kids with attention disorder. There's a tank here, and now there! Oh wait there's one behind you! Turn your back again, there are now 2 mechs! Oh and look above! Choppers!

Enemies should spawn from much further away, from "logical" locations (like say, not where you just dropped). In previous MW titles the enemies would have more "fixed spawns".

Also, make difficulty less related to mech numbers? I'm sick of fighting 10 light mechs sprinting around. Make it 4 medium and 2 lights! Or, 1 heavy, 1 medium and 4 lights! Seems like PGI was so afraid you would be "bored" of not shooting at anything that they went with a "more is more" approach instead of a "less is more".

I wouldn't mind fighting fewers, bigger mechs than too many lights.

Thinking , when the Engine spawn the Enemys wider away in a other Terrainfile ,he has problems with the Generated Terrainmodules and pathfinding ,how many my mates hangs in the Terrain and can not move ...its one Problem like manys by generated Terrain thats more as flat and looks a little natural.

#49 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:26 PM

i have a flea that got completely destroyed, no armor or structure left at all, all components gone. literally nothing left. yet by some god tier tech magic, fahad manages to get it repaired in a few months. i think there needs to be a certain number if components remaining in order to do a rebuild. say a 3 section minimum.

#50 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:58 PM

View PostMW Waldorf Statler, on 15 December 2019 - 12:38 AM, said:

Third person is not a solution Posted Image Posted Image never ....its like me , the Grafic looks like a old crysis or Unreal game , to hard contrast and all a little flickering ,must more play with the Seetings .

It'd help with the motionsickness if he can't find a way to disable headbob. I find it fun for a slightly more cinematic view. Also fun is switching to the dev tool's camera, though I wish I could control the camera.
I can still control the mech which is important because this means I can fight and make my own cinematic showcases (excellent for showing off my mod in the future).

View PostLordNothing, on 15 December 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

i have a flea that got completely destroyed, no armor or structure left at all, all components gone. literally nothing left. yet by some god tier tech magic, fahad manages to get it repaired in a few months. i think there needs to be a certain number if components remaining in order to do a rebuild. say a 3 section minimum.

But what was the repair bill?
Don't say 32 thousand, please..

#51 Khushrenada

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 251 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 December 2019 - 02:36 PM

in general i did enjoy the game so far, but there are a few things, that start to really frustrate me:

1) spawn mechanic.
as mentioned enough here, the spawn mechanic is horrible. not only, that the enemies spawn ontop of you all time, they also have endless spawns, its wave after wave after wave, which the AI pilots can't handle. (centurion is useless to AI, since it almost everytime loses its ac10, firehawk is another mech that gets shredded again and again).

2) tonnage system and rank difficulty.
so from the forum i got, that the difficulty is set by the reputation you have? which explains, why my AI gets increasingly more shredded all of a sudden.
so if the difficulty goes up while i get better reputation, why stays my tonnage for drops the same? i am at a point in the game, where i have the option to drop in 3 mechs or 4 mechs and have small mechs in my lance, that then get shredded by the enemy... 3 mechs of course isn't the easy choice, cause more concentrated fire from the enemy, so again higher repair bills.

if the difficulty is set by the reputation and not the conflict zone you are in, the drop tonnage should increase as well. (which it does in the conflict zones).

infinite spawns of enemies to make an artificial difficulty is just horrible. make a set number of enemies as defence units and then have a few minutes grace period, in which the enemy relocates units to the area. this would enable a strategic approach, to take out the defenders and then take care of the objective.

worst example, demolition map, i start in a narrow canyon, close to the target. as a matter of fact so close, that i already get an enemy on my radar and my AI starts shooting. this triggers the spawn of the defenders, of course directly on top of me, without having moved 50m. now i can walk to the target, enemies shooting my back, or i fight for ever in my starting location and eventually die. i tried it several times and it was always the same, even if i rushed the target, by the time i demolished the base, at least one of my AI got torn appart... i just left that planet and went elsewhere, completely frustrated.

3) loot system.
i had a mission (3 drops), salvage shares of 24 (in a difficulty 6 area) and guess what? yeah one single mech as loot, a locust, cause the whole missions almost had no mechs to spawn and those that did, never showed up in salvage...
in other missions i could max to 10 shares, only to get salvageable mechs that cost 11 or 13. AGAIN AND AGAIN. it almost feels like the game is mocking the player at this point.
i usually leg the mechs i want for salvage, but that works only rarely it seems, but then i get an urby, that i completely cored out...

the game started off feeling really good, but right now the frustration is piling up because of the spwan mechanics and AI getting torn appart all the time. the loot "problem" is annoying, but not as bad, since you can get mechs at reasonable prices in industry hubs.

#52 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 04:34 PM

View PostSybreed, on 15 December 2019 - 09:58 AM, said:

Follow this simple quick fix.
As you approach places where you think enemies will or should spawn...
Look away.
When you look back, poof there they are.
You can do this up to 900 meters back.

The AI isn't supposed to spawn in front of you, so they did a quick fix from beta.
Problem is the game does not account for obstacles, which many spawn areas have... instead it just sees you have this big vision cone \_/ and says "Nope he's still looking. Look I can't do it while he's looking. Did he stop looking? He's still looking.. Wait he's walking by. Can I spawn now? Not yet? Okay, well now he's not looking. Quick, SPAWN!!!!"

So just look away every now and then.
Admire the sun for a moment.

Edited by Koniving, 15 December 2019 - 04:35 PM.

#53 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 04:38 PM

View PostKhushrenada, on 15 December 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:

in general i did enjoy the game so far, but there are a few things, that start to really frustrate me:

1) spawn mechanic.
as mentioned enough here, the spawn mechanic is horrible. not only, that the enemies spawn ontop of you all time, they also have endless spawns, its wave after wave after wave, which the AI pilots can't handle. (centurion is useless to AI, since it almost everytime loses its ac10, firehawk is another mech that gets shredded again and again).

See above.

#54 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 04:48 PM

See how that doesn't make up for the fact it's objectively bad.

#55 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 05:16 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 15 December 2019 - 04:48 PM, said:

See how that doesn't make up for the fact it's objectively bad.

I never said it did.

#56 Sir Wulfrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 872 posts
  • LocationIn a warship, over your planet :-)

Posted 15 December 2019 - 08:23 PM

I'd also like to see a revamp of the "radar" system. I use the quotes as it isn't a radar system as it functions now, simply a top-down view that shows units in your field of view. Completely pointless. Radar should at least show enemy units in a 360 degree pattern. The range should also be significantly longer though I guess this wouldn't work with the current spawn system.

I can't remember from the lore now, were passive & active radar modes a thing back in 3015? IIRC they were and it'd be nice if they were also included.

#57 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 15 December 2019 - 08:29 PM

View PostSir Wulfrick, on 15 December 2019 - 08:23 PM, said:

I'd also like to see a revamp of the "radar" system. I use the quotes as it isn't a radar system as it functions now, simply a top-down view that shows units in your field of view.

In MW5, there's the mini-map and a "compass" on the top of the screen that shows enemy blips in a very wide arc covering nearly 360 degrees. I've seen some VTOLs marked on that compass that were almost directly behind me. The mini-map is just that and how you describe it. But the "compass" works more or less like a radar or a threat/landmark indicator from the TES games.

#58 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 08:36 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 15 December 2019 - 08:29 PM, said:

In MW5, there's the mini-map and a "compass" on the top of the screen that shows enemy blips in a very wide arc covering nearly 360 degrees. I've seen some VTOLs marked on that compass that were almost directly behind me. The mini-map is just that and how you describe it. But the "compass" works more or less like a radar or a threat/landmark indicator from the TES games.

It will show you blips of anything that is detected by you or your teammates (including the dropship's sensors).
If you're alone, it has an arc that doesn't seem to be universal for mechs (seems like different mechs might have different detection cones), but generally can only detect what is in a view cone in front of the mech's torso. If targeted, a target will stay on your "radar" no matter where it goes. It seems to be the exception. (Since I usually pursue my targets I don't know if the target stops showing by getting too far out of sight, but I've tracked them behind buildings and obstacles).

I would not be surprised if you have a short range cone behind yourself. It would make sense. The enemies definitely have a shortrange cone (for enemy Locusts the cone is exactly 270 meters, if you sneak up on one undetected, a Locust instantly knows where you are once you touch 270 meters behind them).
But I do know that enemies will disappear from behind you on that radar at least at a distance of about one mouse cursor (on the minimap while minimized).

Edited by Koniving, 15 December 2019 - 08:39 PM.

#59 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 15 December 2019 - 08:44 PM

View PostKoniving, on 15 December 2019 - 08:36 PM, said:

If targeted, a target will stay on your "radar" no matter where it goes. It seems to be the exception. (Since I usually pursue my targets I don't know if the target stops showing by getting too far out of sight, but I've tracked them behind buildings and obstacles).

I would not be surprised if you have a short range cone behind yourself. It would make sense. The enemies definitely have a shortrange cone (for enemy Locusts the cone is exactly 270 meters, if you sneak up on one undetected, a Locust instantly knows where you are once you touch 270 meters behind them).
But I do know that enemies will disappear from behind you on that radar at least at a distance of about one mouse cursor (on the minimap while minimized).

It is based on LoS of your mech or your lance-mates' and if the enemy ducks behind cover, the blips vanish. It is also based on range to some extent.

#60 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 08:46 PM

Right.
So when a character in the game referred to it as a radar...
I about lost my ****.

"Radar" is extremely misleading.

Though if a mech were to have a radar, it'd be the Rifleman.
"Its Garret D2j Tracking System allows for swift 360 degree acquisition of swift-moving airborne targets"
Another entry that I'd have to dig for outright called it a radar and distinguished this as something that most mechs do not possess. (and that radar only works on airborne targets).

Edited by Koniving, 15 December 2019 - 08:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users