Stuff

I love Mighty Jingles and I had no idea he made a review. Thanks <3

#82 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:47 PM

Agree with the review. PGI did a lot of good work in MW5, but only in the sense that paper and pen have the potential to create an epic story. That's currently all MW5 is, blank paper and pen, and yes it took a lot of work to get here, but it still needs more work to create a compelling experience.

Edited by Nightbird, 16 December 2019 - 09:47 PM.

#83 Anomalocaris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 671 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:47 PM

View PostDrtyDshSoap, on 16 December 2019 - 09:28 PM, said:

I love Mighty Jingles and I had no idea he made a review. Thanks <3

Jingles' review seems pretty reasonable to me. But the bad thing for PGI is that he's the exact sort of reviewer that could have really helped drive more new players to the game.

Think about it, while Jingles plays a lot of games, his primary claim to fame is World of Warships and World of Tanks. He's a middle-aged, average skill level gamer who fits the general characteristics of mech-dads in general (he even has fond feelings for some older MW titles, if not the love of the old tabletop game that many mech-dads have). His primary games are those (WoW and WoT) that allow moderate vehicle customization, move at a relatively slow pace (especially WoW, but neither are really twitch shooters), and up until the recent HD models in WoT, had decent but not amazing graphics. Hell, they even have economies that require more planning than something like MWO (since they require repair/rearm costs).

If he got on board with the game, his half-million plus subscribers would have been far more tempted to investigate buying MW:5, bringing in more people to the BT universe in general, and hopefully funding future, better, titles. Maybe he'll retry it in a year after mods have revamped the game.....

#84 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:59 PM

View PostDrtyDshSoap, on 16 December 2019 - 09:25 PM, said:

I'd rather not dip my IQ down to room temp, I'll hard pass on that education.

And I will have it my way.

You say you don't want to lower your IQ but it already begins with a decimal point. So, no point in trying to make yourself sound smart. It shows why you post so many memes.

Go back and read my first post again. I didn't compare MW5 to any of the AAA titles. I only compared it to HBS's Battletech 'cause I was saying MW5 is like the FPS version of that game and it looks better. You're the one going off on a tangent and posted completely irrelevant things.

You post a pic from HBS's Battletech and ask, "What's wrong with that?" My reply is, "Nothing". Like I said, I purely compared MW5 with Battletech. You're the one comparing it to other games. This is what happens when you can't keep your thoughts coherently and post memes all the time.

Comparison to Skyrim was in terms of how much Skyrim had evolved from Oblivion, similar to what MW5 should be compared to the likes of Mw4 or something. But you are so busy scouring the net for memes, you can't comprehend what you read. Vanilla Skyrim is bad. I never compared any of the story bits to MW5. You're the one doing it.

So, yeah, have your way with your IQ starting with a decimal point. Congrats on revisiting the topic when you "apparently" told me to live in it.

#85 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 10:27 PM

I post them because it's funny and makes you poopy lipped.

I compared them because they are actually relevant. I'm showing you the difference in either PGI not giving a **** or a clear lack of skill in developing games. You're choosing to ignore it for some baffling reason. Sick deflection though.

I posted that image because you said, in your own words, it looked "terrible" in comparison. I think you need to pay attention of what you type there homie. I'm basically giving you a picture book to show you the comparison of what an Xbox 360 port looks like vs a small budget game where it actually looks like it was made for 2018. (Because it took them year--->(s)<--- from 2018 to 2019 to optimize. Derp. Your words, not mine). Now if you want a second recommendation on a good eye surgeon, I'd be more than happy to give you one.

You really are bent on those memes. Lol. Smoke some weed dude, you need to calm down.
Once again, I made those comparisons because MW5 looks ******* terrible for 2019. I don't know why you can't get it through your head. You get mad when I compare it to triple A titles, then get mad about the small budget games with probably a smaller budget than MW5 looking better and then just say it's irrelevant. You're like a bad girlfriend that can't decide where to eat.

Vanilla Skyrim was terrible 'cause it had a bad story

Oops. Lol. It felt implied that you think the story in this game (MW5) is okay. Which is why I said something. Not my fault you suck at defending your poorly constructed arguments.

If my IQ is set with a starting decimal point, you're probably somewhere in the deep negatives. I pity you.
Posted Image

Can I get that salary though? Or how about that budget? Thanks. <3

Edit - I've already figured out your personality for the record. The kind of know it all that needs to have the last word no matter what. Even if you're wrong, you'll still keep posting and posting and posting. Hope you enjoyed the bait. GG Ezy.

Edited by DrtyDshSoap, 16 December 2019 - 10:39 PM.

#86 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 16 December 2019 - 11:58 PM

View PostDrtyDshSoap, on 16 December 2019 - 10:27 PM, said:

Edit - I've already figured out your personality for the record. The kind of know it all that needs to have the last word no matter what. Even if you're wrong, you'll still keep posting and posting and posting. Hope you enjoyed the bait. GG Ezy.

The kind of person that likes his own post shouldn't be talking anymore but it is the interwebs after all, where people with the IQ beginning with a decimal point still can hide behind their "opinions" and scream and shout like the 21st century meme culture warriors while saying others are wrong.

#87 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 12:20 AM

I liked your comment too since you're fishing for it. <3

Im not talking though. Im typing. Unless you're using speech to text. That'd be weird though.
But im right though at the end of the day. :D memes and all.

Is that a no on me getting the job and that budget report?

#88 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 17 December 2019 - 12:27 AM

Shoo! Go away with your dirty soap. I don't need it.

#89 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 12:28 AM

NO! I WANT MY SALARY AND BUDGET REPORT

#90 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 17 December 2019 - 12:32 AM

You're on a need to know basis and YOU don't need to know.

*insert fancy meme*

#91 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 02:37 AM

Posted Image

#92 Sir Wulfrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 872 posts
  • LocationIn a warship, over your planet :-)

Posted 17 December 2019 - 04:38 PM

View PostAnomalocaris, on 16 December 2019 - 09:47 PM, said:

Jingles' review seems pretty reasonable to me. But the bad thing for PGI is that he's the exact sort of reviewer that could have really helped drive more new players to the game.

Think about it, while Jingles plays a lot of games, his primary claim to fame is World of Warships and World of Tanks. He's a middle-aged, average skill level gamer who fits the general characteristics of mech-dads in general (he even has fond feelings for some older MW titles, if not the love of the old tabletop game that many mech-dads have). His primary games are those (WoW and WoT) that allow moderate vehicle customization, move at a relatively slow pace (especially WoW, but neither are really twitch shooters), and up until the recent HD models in WoT, had decent but not amazing graphics. Hell, they even have economies that require more planning than something like MWO (since they require repair/rearm costs).

If he got on board with the game, his half-million plus subscribers would have been far more tempted to investigate buying MW:5, bringing in more people to the BT universe in general, and hopefully funding future, better, titles. Maybe he'll retry it in a year after mods have revamped the game.....

Spot on. Though he hates the term Jingles is pretty much the definition of an "influencer". I think his review was quite accurate: the actual mech piloting & weapons handing is fun, sounds good & looks good. Most of the rest of the game is distinctly sub-par. Should have realised what was going to happen when it became obvious there was a pre-release review embargo in place. Game publishers only ever do that for one reason: their game isn't very good and they don't want poor reviews to tank first day sales.

#93 overheal

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 06:02 AM

'I'm not detecting any hostiles at the moment commander' as tanks and mechs are rolling in

#94 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 06:56 AM

Shooting your narced target commander

#95 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 02:49 AM