19 replies to this topic

#1 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 12 December 2019 - 08:28 PM

Seriously, this game is going to be so much better with it.

I played 3 missions last night and two them, I issued commands every few seconds. Literally. Every. Few. Seconds. I mean, "Form On Me", "Go there", "Attack my target". Those two missions were a breeze and we barely took any damage. I dropped with the Centurion, Javelin and Jenner.

Imagine Voice Attack for this. I need to buy that software and configure it for MW5 voice commands.

If some of you don't know what I'm talking about, here's it...
https://voiceattack.com/

Also, demo for Elite Dangerous with Voice Attack configured...

#2 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 09:34 PM

Adds to the immersion commanding your unit with your mic.

#3 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 12 December 2019 - 10:12 PM

I think I'll buy it and try it out this weekend. It's useful for almost any game, especially the ones that involve issuing commands, like Mount & Blade.

#4 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:18 AM

https://www.reddit.c...mw5_pseudo_mod/

Haven’t checked it out, but it seems like dude did that.

Side note, holy **** outreach has got some really angry, pruny people.

“MUH MW4!” Like, lol ok, I’m having a hard time taking you serious.

Edited by Jackal Noble, 14 December 2019 - 06:19 AM.

#5 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:44 AM

View PostJackal Noble, on 14 December 2019 - 06:18 AM, said:

https://www.reddit.c...mw5_pseudo_mod/

Haven’t checked it out, but it seems like dude did that.

Side note, holy **** outreach has got some really angry, pruny people.

“MUH MW4!” Like, lol ok, I’m having a hard time taking you serious.

reddit is the "Living under a Bridge or inside a canal" knd of humans...

#6 Sergeant Destroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:05 AM

Trial version gives you one profile and about 20 commands, which should be enough to check it out.

#7 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:26 AM

View PostUnleashed3k, on 14 December 2019 - 06:44 AM, said:

reddit is the "Living under a Bridge or inside a canal" knd of humans...

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 15 December 2019 - 09:37 PM.
inappropriate image

#8 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:50 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 12 December 2019 - 10:12 PM, said:

I think I'll buy it and try it out this weekend. It's useful for almost any game, especially the ones that involve issuing commands, like Mount & Blade.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts and comments on this matter.

#9 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:59 PM

Ok, my thoughts on the Voice Attack software is this... "Get. It. Now! Dooo! Eeeeet!"

Seriously, it is a fantastic software. It basically is a macro but with some intelligence that you can use with your voice commands.

I first downloaded the demo to try it out. The demo, apart for limiting you to only 1 profile and 20 commands, has full functionality. I've set it up for MW5 to issue Lance commands and it's working great. Well, almost great 'cause whenever I say "Bravo" or "Delta", I have to repeat myself 'cause of my accent. Voice Attack works in conjunction with the Windows Speech Recognition software so you'll need to run that a few times to make the AI adapt to your pronunciation.

As for ease of use, it is very intuitive. You can set up your voice commands to perform key presses in a matter of minutes. The only thing that takes around 5-10 minutes is configuring the Windows Speech Recognition as you need to read out some lines. Don't worry, Voice Attack opens this up for you to do.

I'll be buying the full version on Steam later today. It is seriously good.

#10 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 11:14 PM

Gotta try that demo some

#11 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 16 December 2019 - 12:00 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 15 December 2019 - 06:59 PM, said:

Ok, my thoughts on the Voice Attack software is this... "Get. It. Now! Dooo! Eeeeet!"

Seriously, it is a fantastic software. It basically is a macro but with some intelligence that you can use with your voice commands.

I first downloaded the demo to try it out. The demo, apart for limiting you to only 1 profile and 20 commands, has full functionality. I've set it up for MW5 to issue Lance commands and it's working great. Well, almost great 'cause whenever I say "Bravo" or "Delta", I have to repeat myself 'cause of my accent. Voice Attack works in conjunction with the Windows Speech Recognition software so you'll need to run that a few times to make the AI adapt to your pronunciation.

As for ease of use, it is very intuitive. You can set up your voice commands to perform key presses in a matter of minutes. The only thing that takes around 5-10 minutes is configuring the Windows Speech Recognition as you need to read out some lines. Don't worry, Voice Attack opens this up for you to do.

I'll be buying the full version on Steam later today. It is seriously good.

It works!!!?? yaaayyyyyyyy
Now I can talk out loud to myself for a reason

Edited by Jackal Noble, 16 December 2019 - 12:01 AM.

#12 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 16 December 2019 - 12:34 AM

I call my lance-mates Alpha, Two and Fox 'cause my accent makes it hard for the AI to understand when I say "Bravo" and "Charlie" for now Posted Image . I have to run the Voice Recog. a few times to make it learn what I'm saying. But the rest of the commands like, "Attack", "Destroy", "Engage", "Regroup" "Form up", etc., work well.

BTW, you can create multi-part commands so that you can have 3 or 4 words to perform the same action, which is great.

#13 SoliDeoGloria

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 08:56 PM

I'm with Frag, this thing is amazing! Takes MW5 to a whole new level. I came across it last night, downloaded the demo and ran it, bought it 5 mins later. Amazing stuff. I now have MW5, MWO and WoT profiles set up. Love this thing. Now if I could just use it at work without people staring at me or telling me to shut up.

#14 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 December 2019 - 10:30 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 16 December 2019 - 12:34 AM, said:

I call my lance-mates Alpha, Two and Fox 'cause my accent makes it hard for the AI to understand when I say "Bravo" and "Charlie" for now Posted Image . I have to run the Voice Recog. a few times to make it learn what I'm saying. But the rest of the commands like, "Attack", "Destroy", "Engage", "Regroup" "Form up", etc., work well.

BTW, you can create multi-part commands so that you can have 3 or 4 words to perform the same action, which is great.

TIL that alpha, two and fox are much easier for an indian to say versus charlie and bravo. 10/10
I have a really hard time rolling my r's and or pronouncing 'ch' in german (being german-american)

It's the R's isn't it? I say that because I suck at R

Edited by Jackal Noble, 17 December 2019 - 10:54 PM.

#15 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 17 December 2019 - 10:43 PM

Another update:

I ran the Windows Speech Recog several times, reading the same thing that kept popping up and now, I can say pretty anything and Voice Attack will recognize it. Posted Image

I now send commands like "Volley" to specifically tell my LRM AI lance-mate to start bombarding the enemy and Voice Attack automatically presses "F3 -> F1" to make him do it.

#16 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 December 2019 - 10:53 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 17 December 2019 - 10:43 PM, said:

Another update:

I ran the Windows Speech Recog several times, reading the same thing that kept popping up and now, I can say pretty anything and Voice Attack will recognize it. Posted Image

I now send commands like "Volley" to specifically tell my LRM AI lance-mate to start bombarding the enemy and Voice Attack automatically presses "F3 -> F1" to make him do it.

Ok ok ok now I feel like I am really missing out. My wife is not going to be happy.
Also that is cool as hell

Edited by Jackal Noble, 17 December 2019 - 10:55 PM.

#17 Bobdolemite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts
  • LocationMariana Trench

Posted 17 December 2019 - 11:10 PM

Soooooo... I had been toying with this idea since the first 30 seconds playing.... then finally setup a profile and it works amazing, Now I want to use the Astra voice profile from Elite Dangerous to make it more conversational (Archer or Midnight could be fun too). So far so good but I want to really get into the cutomization. Well see if I can recreate the C.O.V.A.S for 31 st century mech combat.

On a side note wouldnt it be amazing if HCS Voicepacks could work with PGI to create compatible AI assistants or more realistic AI pilot interactions.

Imagine being able to tell that new pilot to shut up when he starts spouting off about how beautiful this planets "leaves" are, and actually get a response akin to "clearing coms boss" or "Shove it up your A**".

Edited by Bobdolemite, 17 December 2019 - 11:14 PM.

#18 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 18 December 2019 - 12:03 AM

You might try making it a little self-aware to get this...

#19 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 December 2019 - 12:09 AM

Wait, so this will provide feedback in game?

Also this makes me want to revisit ED. I didn't really care for it initially, but that's cool.

2014 goodness!!

Edited by Jackal Noble, 18 December 2019 - 12:10 AM.

#20 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 18 December 2019 - 12:10 AM

View PostJackal Noble, on 18 December 2019 - 12:07 AM, said:

Wait, so this will provide feedback in game?

You'll need to set it up.

It's like this..

1. You type in what you want to say, like, "Fall-in"
2. Next tab, you can assign what keys VA needs to press
3. You can then tell it to reply back with something

Step 3 is skippable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users