• 3,240 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 02:44 PM

Just in case you wondered what the latest patch brings

Tina Benoitheute @everyone
MW5 live Hot-Fix #2

Greeting Mercenaries,

We have another hot-fix inbound today!
Here is a brief overview of the incoming update:

- Fix for a crash that occurs when stripping a mech that has chain-fire enabled on weapon group 1
- Fix for a "Fatal Error!" error that could randomly occur during gameplay or when travelling into and out of missions
- Texture optimizations were added for the tutorial
- Fixed an issue where people with more than 128 friends on their friends list might not be able to send invites.
- Made a change to prevent save file corruption.
- Made a change to recover from save file corruption.
- Online friends playing MW5 will be sorted at the top of the in-game friends list
- Fix for Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick axis not properly assigned

Edited by Nesutizale, 13 December 2019 - 04:54 PM.

#2 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 13 December 2019 - 02:44 PM

Thanks for this

#3 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 03:52 PM

On other good news. One of the devs said they are working on the spawning issue and that its complicated but they hope to get some testing done over the weekend.

Also he didn't got into the specifics its good to know that the problem has reached them and that they are doing something about it. Lets hope they will find a better solution to what we have now and I appriciate the effort to sit down over the weekend.

#4 Button man

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 04:39 PM

im glad they are working on some of the problems

#5 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 13 December 2019 - 05:03 PM

I made a work-around line of code to add to the HOTASMapping.remap to get the Thrustmaster T16000-m's Slider 0 throttle to work as the throttle (see post), but some players still can't change the button assignments so it's still bugged. I think the Devs are using the T16000m with it's companion hardware throttle the TWCS Throttle and don't know the stand alone joystick's throttle doesn't work.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 06:34 PM

Need a fix for lost loot collected just prior to autosave, as when you reload an autosave, whatever loot you collected is lost.

View PostNesutizale, on 13 December 2019 - 03:52 PM, said:

On other good news. One of the devs said they are working on the spawning issue and that its complicated but they hope to get some testing done over the weekend.

Also he didn't got into the specifics its good to know that the problem has reached them and that they are doing something about it. Lets hope they will find a better solution to what we have now and I appriciate the effort to sit down over the weekend.

If someone that can post on the Discord would add that the AI spawns much further away if you "look around like you're lost", they might connect the dots that it is somewhat related to they will not spawn while the player is looking in their direction...even from nearly a thousand meters away... but the instant you look away they pop in.

Also makes a good temporary fix. Look away from where you're going BEFORE you get there, and pop there they are in the distance instead of point blank after you get there.

#7 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:05 PM

I still can't map my mouse wheel Scroll Up and Down to anything. I sent them a ticket a couple of days ago and haven't received a response still. I'd love it if they addressed it in the next patch.

Edited by FRAGTAST1C, 13 December 2019 - 08:05 PM.

#8 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 03:15 AM

View PostKoniving, on 13 December 2019 - 06:34 PM, said:

Need a fix for lost loot collected just prior to autosave, as when you reload an autosave, whatever loot you collected is lost. If someone that can post on the Discord would add that the AI spawns much further away if you "look around like you're lost", they might connect the dots that it is somewhat related to they will not spawn while the player is looking in their direction...even from nearly a thousand meters away... but the instant you look away they pop in. Also makes a good temporary fix. Look away from where you're going BEFORE you get there, and pop there they are in the distance instead of point blank after you get there.

That has been mentioned several times buy different people as far as I have seen.
From reading Discord every now and then I have the feeling that all the things we report now could have been adressed if the beta would have been a month or two before the release.
On the other hand I am not certain that they would had time to adress these issues. Well we will most likely never know but at least they are working on patches right now and a bigger patch is aimed to be released next week....I would guess and of the week?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users