Mw5: Extremely Poor Mission Design At Times.

11 replies to this topic

#1 AurioDK

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 04:46 AM

https://ibb.co/BN6NcH8

3 bases I have to raid that are in so close proximity that everything just showed up at once from all angles, I thought I was in a freaking shooting gallery as you couldn´t miss a target if you just shot blindly.

I am by no means a counter strike world champ, actually I am probably pretty lousy and the mission felt like punishment instead of fun.

I am doing an Ironman run and really thought I was a goner as I headed for the 3rd base which was located on a mountain in very close proximity to the two first I had dealt with. I really feared another contingency of unlimited numbers but it was luckily empty, only a few towers. I destroyed the 3 mission targets there and more enemy mechs spawned ... I hightailed out of there without looking back.

Some missions are just painfully bad thought out, too many bees, all the kills in the picture are from the first engagement, there was no possibility to scout or pick a few from range.

Edited by AurioDK, 18 December 2019 - 04:47 AM.

#2 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 18 December 2019 - 04:56 AM

What you thinking, thats can build a AI on generic Missions in generic maps ?its like Zombiehords in other games, or the AI in No Mens Sy

#3 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 18 December 2019 - 04:57 AM

My understanding only the story maps are polished. Everything else is just auto generated.

Add this into the random spawns and dice roll hitgen you get some bad game play in my view. But you can still take down 5 mechs ,100 tanks and helicopters with your one Super Mech lol

Edited by Monkey Lover, 18 December 2019 - 05:03 AM.

#4 AurioDK

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 06:13 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 18 December 2019 - 04:57 AM, said:

My understanding only the story maps are polished. Everything else is just auto generated.

Add this into the random spawns and dice roll hitgen you get some bad game play in my view. But you can still take down 5 mechs ,100 tanks and helicopters with your one Super Mech lol

I didn´t feel very "super", there was no strategy whatsoever. It was just shooting whatever came into view and I couldn´t see half of the time because of those darn PPC´s. The repair bill was one for the ages and luckily my lance mate ejected and didn´t die.

#5 overheal

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 07:06 AM

View PostAurioDK, on 18 December 2019 - 06:13 AM, said:

I didn´t feel very "super", there was no strategy whatsoever. It was just shooting whatever came into view and I couldn´t see half of the time because of those darn PPC´s. The repair bill was one for the ages and luckily my lance mate ejected and didn´t die.

Use Nightvision. Illogically, nightvision makes it easier to see when using PPCs and Flamers

#6 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 18 December 2019 - 07:45 PM

Yes , thats the propblem with procedual terrain and Generic missions,
The Engine spawns only near the player , its like No mens Sky ...the planets empty and only in the view around the player generated with all Units and Objects

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 18 December 2019 - 10:53 PM.

#7 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 07:48 PM

^No.

The missions and AI are bad due to lack of polish.

They literally aren't proc gen, they're made out of tiles. The tiles just aren't elaborate enough.

#8 Blackstorm

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 09:50 PM

YES.

#9 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:50 PM

If you make the pieces bigger, how do you prevent objects outside the user's view from being stuck in the the terrain or the path finding failing?

spawns and procedual Terrain brings many Problems and the Crew for MW5 in the Learning Period and must learn for better Filters and Algorithms

An AI can already create texts from word modules, but not a stylish, meaningful or creative novel

https://www.gamasutr..._of_Decay_2.php

https://www.gamasutr..._generation.php

https://proceduralwo...d-up-in-the-air

https://godotengine....ural-generation

im thinking we seeing many patches for more or better content ..and when the modding tools come ,we will seeing what we can do with it

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 19 December 2019 - 03:30 AM.

#10 Five by Five

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 10:37 AM

There is a bit of a pattern to the map generation and you can exploit your approach angle to the way points to better funnel the generated enemies on many of the maps. First thing to do out of the dropship is to hit 'B' and plan the approach.

#11 Gantry

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 12:36 PM

I've had a couple drops like that, even one where we dropped on a point and had enemies firing on the dropship before we got out. It was actually an awesome mistake! We had to fight our way out of the ship and keep moving to clear the targets. I've had some of those missions where one point has a majority of the forces. I don't mind that either because I think of it as hitting a patrol at just the wrong point.

Could be better, but for random gen, I'm happy. There's a video out there talking about the development of the mission generator where it shows some of the issues they had. I'm amazed that we have something this nice. You should check it out sometime.

#12 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 12:41 PM

Sometimes you have bad luck and you should just about mission. No problem with that. You dont lose much of anything doing that.

Edited by lazorbeamz, 19 December 2019 - 12:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users