Mw5 Market - Cold Storage

22 replies to this topic

#1 RacerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 392 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 07:03 PM

I've put a few hours into this game and now have filled all my mech bays. Everything else goes into cold storage. I have no problem with this. My issue is when I go to sell the mechs. Why can I not sell directly from my cold storage? I have to decommission a mech to make room in a mech bay, recommission what I want to sell, and then go sell it. Repeat until all mechs are sold. Very inefficient and adds zero to game play.

PGI, please add a feature to allow sales directly from cold storage.

#2 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 13 December 2019 - 07:16 PM

I asked this too, why can't I sell from Cold Storage, and what was the reason for not being able to.

probably wouldn't bug me so much if I could save my builds, and reload them once they are brought back from Cold Storage then no problem just moving mechs around.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 07:34 PM

i also noticed that it seems to reset armor values back to their stock numbers.

also would be nice if the repair button would automatically try to replace lost weapons when you have some spares. rather than having to go in, and manually change the weapons.

i also kind of wish i could go to the market without having to toss my rebuild. its a crappy way to figure out you are running low on medium lasers.

not really a big deal but its those spit and polish details that seperate merely good from excellent.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 December 2019 - 07:37 PM.

#4 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:18 AM

Ehh, rather positive this is coming down the line, just like other QoL improvements
I'd only whish we had a way of letting them know what those are (besides just plain tweeting Russ, or Chris I guess)

Hell Battletech didn't let you rearrange mechs in mechbays until 6 months later or so, but Harebrained at least had its forum where people could voice such things

Not sure Reddit or Discord is such a great format for constructive criticism

Hope stuff is coming

#5 tacorodwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWexford, Ireland

Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:28 AM

You can go to market while in mech lab

#6 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:17 AM

View PostPeter2k, on 14 December 2019 - 07:18 AM, said:

Ehh, rather positive this is coming down the line, just like other QoL improvements
I'd only whish we had a way of letting them know what those are (besides just plain tweeting Russ, or Chris I guess)

Hell Battletech didn't let you rearrange mechs in mechbays until 6 months later or so, but Harebrained at least had its forum where people could voice such things

Not sure Reddit or Discord is such a great format for constructive criticism

Hope stuff is coming

Chris is involved with MW5 ??? i have to turn auto updates off. Dude put the final double tap on MWO.

#7 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:13 AM

View Posttacorodwarrior, on 14 December 2019 - 07:28 AM, said:

You can go to market while in mech lab

you can, but you lose any changes you made. like you repair everything and start replacing weapons, you are a laser short, so you go to market but you get that popup "are you sure, changes will be lost". but if you save it it creates a work order and you cant change it beyond canceling it out.

#8 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 December 2019 - 02:03 PM

Quick tip and what makes Cold storage beneficial in it's current state.
I scrap alot of the mechs that I get right after the mission. Best way to pull in cash.
Dragging that Cic or FSH etc over to cold storage strips all of the equipment on that mech, so you gain weapons/components and takes no time.
Drag it back into your roster and sell.

#9 tacorodwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWexford, Ireland

Posted 14 December 2019 - 02:11 PM

No LordNothing there is a tab beside your inventory in the mech lab. you just click it and buy :)

#10 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 14 December 2019 - 02:22 PM

View Posttacorodwarrior, on 14 December 2019 - 02:11 PM, said:

No LordNothing there is a tab beside your inventory in the mech lab. you just click it and buy Posted Image

^ This.

While modifying a Mech...
Left Click the Market Tab.
Right Click the item you want to buy. This buys the item.
Left Click back on Inventory, and you will find the item you just bought, available for placement on the Mech.

Your loadout-in-progress does not change during this process.

PS: pls PGI enable us to sell Mechs from Cold Storage directly, instead of having to first move them to our hangar.

#11 7Zebras

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 06:02 PM

Agree dudes. If anything you should not be allowed to sell a mech from the list of readied mechs. You should HAVE to sell it from cold storage that way any special weapons don't get lost.

On another note, on the market screen the buy "market" and sell "inventory" should be above the types of things you are buying and selling. That would make more sense....

#12 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 17 December 2019 - 06:08 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 13 December 2019 - 07:34 PM, said:

i also noticed that it seems to reset armor values back to their stock numbers.

And loadouts!

It is very annoying.

#13 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 17 December 2019 - 07:10 PM

The tech is greedy for money, why do conversions from my own inventory cost me something if I pay the guy monthly for it? If he had to buy things on the market I could understand it, but that's just Moneysink

#14 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 18 December 2019 - 02:39 AM

View PostRacerX, on 13 December 2019 - 07:03 PM, said:

I've put a few hours into this game and now have filled all my mech bays. Everything else goes into cold storage. I have no problem with this. My issue is when I go to sell the mechs. Why can I not sell directly from my cold storage? I have to decommission a mech to make room in a mech bay, recommission what I want to sell, and then go sell it. Repeat until all mechs are sold. Very inefficient and adds zero to game play.

PGI, please add a feature to allow sales directly from cold storage.

Agreed.

Selling mechs from cold storage would be great..

#15 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 06:03 AM

Why cant you save your mech fully repaired with your loadout in cold storage ??

#16 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 06:59 AM

Selling mechs from cold storage is something they are pondering about. It would need some UI changes so players know if they are selling from cold storage or from their inventory as they don't want players to sell the wrong stuff.

Personaly I say with a max of 12 mechs you are actively manageing....most likely you know what those mechs are and that everything else is in storage.

Persoanly I would do it like in MWO where I paint all mechs that are going into "storage" just bright red so that when you sell a mech the paintcolor is taken over and you know that this red one is for sale.

#17 Hawk_eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 December 2019 - 08:32 AM

View Post7Zebras, on 17 December 2019 - 06:02 PM, said:

Agree dudes. If anything you should not be allowed to sell a mech from the list of readied mechs. You should HAVE to sell it from cold storage that way any special weapons don't get lost.

Hi, relatively new (couple of days) to the game, and the first mech I wanted to sell I deliberately put _into_ cold storage, 'cause, coming form HBS' Battletech, I expected exactly that, lol.

#18 Five by Five

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 09:25 AM

View PostJackal Noble, on 14 December 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

Quick tip and what makes Cold storage beneficial in it's current state.
I scrap alot of the mechs that I get right after the mission. Best way to pull in cash.
Dragging that Cic or FSH etc over to cold storage strips all of the equipment on that mech, so you gain weapons/components and takes no time.
Drag it back into your roster and sell.

I do this too, though it kind of seems a little like a bug to me, it instantly strips the mech, no time or cost involved with removing the weapons. It should probably cost some time and money to get a mech into cold storage, just as it costs to refurbish it (replacing weapons and armor) once you bring it out.

Definitely need to be able to sell from cold storage though.

#19 Maxx Blue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 370 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 09:51 AM

This is one of my top two QoL requests. Especially on multi-drop missions, I can’t afford to leave an active slot open just so I can sell cold storage mechs one at a time.

Edited by Maxx Blue, 19 December 2019 - 09:52 AM.

#20 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 10:29 AM

Its one of those weird PGI brand Stupid Choices...its almost like not only did they have to decide to do it this way (the PGI way), but that it would have been just as much work to do it the logical way. Its a weird thing they do, it leaves you scratching your head. Like they seem to have put work towards doing things as illogical as possible, as often as possible, especially with anything related to user interface or quality of life.

Eight years of that = no MW5 purchase, but reading these threads makes me feel really, really good about that choice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users