#1 Daggett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 December 2019 - 05:30 AM

I dismissed hero mechs early on because hardpoints did not match my playstyle. But then i saw that Commando Death Knell which on paper outperforms my JVN-10F while saving 5 tons.

Turned out that the little guy had four DHS installed which at my point in the game (Rank 8) are nowhere else to be found. Of cause i then bought more Heroes and they all had 1-4 DHS installed + some other neat stuff like pulse lasers.

So if you are swimming in cbills because most mechs on market don't fit, you may want to invest that money in sweet DHS (and maybe give the hero chassis to your lancemates).

Edited by Daggett, 15 December 2019 - 05:31 AM.

#2 Funky Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:40 AM

Not all heroes have DHS but many of them do. Yen-Lo-Wang for example only have standard items.

Some "rare" mechs also come with DHS and/or structure and armor upgrades like the Grasshopper 5P that have both endo and DHS while the other variants only have SHS.

UNFORTUNATELY (from what I can tell) there is no way to tell what internal equipment is actually installed on a mech without consulting one of the online mechlabs which is really annoying and really hides important information from new players. *grumpy face*
Like how is a new player suppose to know why a JVN-HT can fit both 2 SRM-6 and 4 m-lasers while the other JVN's can only fit either weapon system. =S No where does it say that the HI THERE! carry an XL engine with endo and DHS's upgrades.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:04 AM

i got an oxide and whatever the spider hero is called.

#4 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,697 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:30 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 15 December 2019 - 07:04 AM, said:

i got an oxide and whatever the spider hero is called.

Anansi?

#5 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,069 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 15 December 2019 - 08:19 AM

I'm on the look out for my favorite three mechs. Founder version or not I can just paint them blue and gold. Cptl-c1,Jrs-d,lct-1e. No one has said if founder/hero mechs retain their mwo c-bill boost. It would be a cool bonus to find the Sarah's Jenner in mw5.

#6 - Pestilence -

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:11 AM

Sometimes i would like to give a hero mech to AI but im afraid it will ruin it. It's simply to stupid, so the question is can buy DHS somewhere else ?

#7 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:23 AM

View Post- Pestilence -, on 15 December 2019 - 09:11 AM, said:

Sometimes i would like to give a hero mech to AI but im afraid it will ruin it. It's simply to stupid, so the question is can buy DHS somewhere else ?

I stripped the DHS and put them on my personal laser-vomit Black Knight so AI can't do much harm other than the usual repair cost (I have not lost an AI mech so far, they survive quite well if you don't push them too hard in warzones).

So far i don't know where else DHS can be found, but i'm pretty sure they will pop up for salvage or mission rewards later in the campaign.

Edited by Daggett, 15 December 2019 - 10:26 AM.

#8 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 15 December 2019 - 10:12 AM

some markets do sell Double Heatsinks, although, I don't think any market in a rank 10 area or lower will. There is still a chance they can show up as a rare possibility.
Like Gauss ammo, I haven't found any below rank 10 areas, and barely in rank 10
Maybe I have just been unlucky finding them below rank 10 areas

is it rank? or Level ?

#9 Funky Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:08 PM

View PostXaat Xuun, on 15 December 2019 - 10:12 AM, said:

some markets do sell Double Heatsinks, although, I don't think any market in a rank 10 area or lower will. There is still a chance they can show up as a rare possibility.
Like Gauss ammo, I haven't found any below rank 10 areas, and barely in rank 10
Maybe I have just been unlucky finding them below rank 10 areas

is it rank? or Level ?

Unsure but I do know industrial hubs that sell rare weapons also sell the ammo for that weapon. For example if they sell a Gauss Rifle then they will also have some ammo in stock for it.

#10 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 15 December 2019 - 02:15 PM

Don't forget, many Hero mechs also come with Endo Steel and/or Ferro Fibrous, which apparently don't show up anywhere in the mech lab and don't take up any extra space.

The Cicada X-5 hero has an XL 330, ES, FF, 3 DHS, and 4 medium energy and 2 small missile hardpoints. It's damn close to an MWO-level optimized mech and the only Cicada worth running.

Edited by Kaeb Odellas, 15 December 2019 - 02:16 PM.

#11 Button man

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 03:00 PM

i have only come across 2 hero mechs so far, both light and did not look any good compared to equal mechs i salvaged or bought from normal places

#12 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 December 2019 - 05:28 PM

View PostButton man, on 15 December 2019 - 03:00 PM, said:

i have only come across 2 hero mechs so far, both light and did not look any good compared to equal mechs i salvaged or bought from normal places

The problem is that you can't see the details before you buy. Many hero mechs which don't look good in the shop may have hidden stuff like the mentioned XL engines, DHS or Endo. There only way to find out is to buy them (and maybe reload when it is indeed meh).

#13 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:22 PM

I understand that the "High Reward Quest" missions offer LosTech usually.

#14 Humpday

• The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:39 PM

I'm confused, why don't you just save the game, quit, jump to instant action, and see what's on said hero mech? The kit should be the same no? The wolverine I checked out had the same kit as the instant action one. Yes it is annoying but you don't incessantly find hero mechs.

Anyway, as for DHS and high tier blah blah, gauss, lbx-10-slug, uac5s, you have to get to Kurita land that's where all the goodies are. You also get a boat load from completing the campaign and rare reward quests.

The story will naturally take you out to where to find the stuff, not sure if making your way there early game, that those systems will be available to the player yet tho.

#15 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 16 December 2019 - 04:29 AM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 15 December 2019 - 02:15 PM, said:

The Cicada X-5 hero has an XL 330, ES, FF, 3 DHS, and 4 medium energy and 2 small missile hardpoints.

Wow, I need that mech!!

#16 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 16 December 2019 - 04:33 AM

View PostDaggett, on 15 December 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

The problem is that you can't see the details before you buy. Many hero mechs which don't look good in the shop may have hidden stuff like the mentioned XL engines, DHS or Endo. There only way to find out is to buy them (and maybe reload when it is indeed meh).

Here: https://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab
Choose the mech variant and load the stock loadout.

But I agree the game needed to show somehow the internals of the mech you are buying.

#17 cszolee79

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 55 posts
  • LocationBudapest

Posted 16 December 2019 - 07:15 AM

It is possible to go to the Kurita regions to get the big mechs early, yes. Just have enough money (10-20 million). I got some smaller Assaults at lvl6-7 I think, and a Cyclops hero (with dual gauss!) at lvl10-11-ish.

For weapons, I don't think I've ever seen Gauss at the market, only got what I have from quests and hero mechs (Hunchback and Cyclops hero and I think a Highlander Rare variant). Same for double heat sinks, you can't buy them even at very high levels. LBX, pulse lasers, they appear later at markets though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users