Mw5 Bad Spawn

5 replies to this topic

#1 Droknar

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 05:15 PM

So I launched a raid mission and the game decided to try and screw me over at the start. Even before the dropship doors even opened the enemy was already shooting at me and my lance. Once I get out what greeted me was: an enemy drop ship dropping an Orion and a full lance of light mechs, 8 other light mechs, 30 or so tanks, 6 of the tougher VTOLs and about 12 helicopters, and turrets from the base that my dropship nearly dropped us on top of. Barely managed to survive this first engagement before even reaching the first base. The other bases were just protected by turrets. It seemed as if all the enemies were taken from the other bases and spawned on top of me.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 05:19 PM

Sounds like this issue.

#3 Droknar

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:18 PM

Exactly. Looks like it isn't quite fixed yet.

Edited by Droknar, 15 December 2019 - 06:19 PM.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:35 PM

View PostDroknar, on 15 December 2019 - 06:18 PM, said:

Exactly. Looks like it isn't quite fixed yet.

Part of the reason for mechs and such spawning rather than being there from the get go was bit of a bandaid for this, and performance solution for some lower end PCs.

If your mission was in instant action it's likely that they're pre-spawned and activated all at once.

#5 Humpday

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:36 PM

Ehhhhhhattt the F!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats a freaking bug!?

I had that happen to me on a Gold mission and there was no kidding 2 full/partial lances of mechs already spawned in and what seemed like the entire Capellan tank corps and airforce bearing down on 2 assaults/heavies and as soon as I got half way up the hill, a drop ship came and dropped another lance and more tanks/vtols behind me. Thats 3 full lances +15-25 tanks/vtols and I was like what the hell is this!?

Thinking the game was forcing me to make a hard decision I stripped 2 assaults and a heavy of any high tier weapons, and I took a jenner. To beat the mission, I literally sent my lance up to die, and to distract the enemy while I hauled butt to the base and didn't bother shooting anything because the base itself was also heavily defended, so I just rammed everything as fast as I could while JJing in between.

As soon as I killed the base, and my AI teammates were dead/half-dead, a 4th dropship came to wipe me out for wreaking the base. I mean it was absolute mayhem, but I thought that the game was forcing me to "think" alternatively and to not just try to mow down the entire field.

I have to be honest with you, I reloaded the mission like 8 times trying to muscle my way up that mountain, but no way man, a 400ton lance couldn't wade through that amount of overwhelming force. And even a 80kph medium lance would have big problems "rushing" the base as theyd lose all their armor just getting there. At least 100 tonners have armor and firepower to shoot kill 1-2-3 tanks just cycling weapons, med/lights not so much.

It was the "High reward" mission at the very bottom of Marik space, where I think I was level 8-10.

I will say, as pissed as I was to come out of there losing money due to costs, I did get the goodies(which I can't remember what they even were), but man was it satisfying to beat the damn mission, Ill tell you what!

Edited by Humpday, 15 December 2019 - 06:36 PM.

#6 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:50 PM

im Think is the best Solution for Problems with the Generated Terrain and the placement from the AI , all Enemys spawns in a range"Bubble" of the player ,while its give no bigger problems with wayfinding.
Spawns the enemys out of the player terrainfile ...he can spawn of a Impassable Mountain , under the Terrain or hang in it, its like No Mens Sky or ARK, all AI spawn in the Range of the Players, and the AI has a Pool for spawn and take from it with only less Parameters and the Rang of Player and his mates, is others as Handscripted Missions and set spawns and Enemytype with hand with handcrafted Terrain.

https://forum.unity....terrain.483575/

https://www.gamasutr..._of_Decay_2.php

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 15 December 2019 - 07:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users