Op Teams In Fw

81 replies to this topic

#1 mrmike5234

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 11:21 AM

So there we were, the pugs and myself, getting ready for the third loss in a row attacking on Grim Portico. We lost but not badly, then our two best players(Gesper and Infiltration shall not be named) jumped ship to join RJF on defense in the next match.

Then on Vitric RJF was up top happily sniping away like they watched way too much of Primo's twitch stream.

I asked them why they don't switch and even out the que like I was attempting to do. They blamed it on PGI. Horse puckeys.

Over and over, the better team defends and obliterates pugs. On the Vitric match we had three rage quits. Not great for FW and less so for the match.

Other groups do the same thing. I understand most of the time its not intentional, friends want to drop with other friends. But after a couple of matches smashing pugs have a sense of decency and switch sides.

PGI won't do anything about this, they don't care. All they care about is MW5 and how to promote it. Notice we haven't had an event for two weekends now. We'll be lucky to get one for Christmas.

I'm not bashing RJF, they just happened to be there.

Had to get this "off my chest"

Thank you for your time.

mrmike5234

Edited by mrmike5234, 17 December 2019 - 11:25 AM.

#2 theUgly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-General
  • 184 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 12:45 PM

View Postmrmike5234, on 17 December 2019 - 11:21 AM, said:

So there we were, the pugs and myself, getting ready for the third loss in a row attacking on Grim Portico. We lost but not badly, then our two best players(Gesper and Infiltration shall not be named) jumped ship to join RJF on defense in the next match.

Then on Vitric RJF was up top happily sniping away like they watched way too much of Primo's twitch stream.

I asked them why they don't switch and even out the que like I was attempting to do. They blamed it on PGI. Horse puckeys.

Over and over, the better team defends and obliterates pugs. On the Vitric match we had three rage quits. Not great for FW and less so for the match.

Other groups do the same thing. I understand most of the time its not intentional, friends want to drop with other friends. But after a couple of matches smashing pugs have a sense of decency and switch sides.

PGI won't do anything about this, they don't care. All they care about is MW5 and how to promote it. Notice we haven't had an event for two weekends now. We'll be lucky to get one for Christmas.

I'm not bashing RJF, they just happened to be there.

Had to get this "off my chest"

Thank you for your time.

mrmike5234

How about you invite me when you are done
getting it off .. your flea infested chest ?

#3 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 02:41 PM

FP doesn't have a skill based match maker, there could be multiple games being made, and you don't always know if others are switching sides. So even if you do switch you might not be able to balance out the teams.

Personally I would like it if there was an auto faction option so you don't have to pick a side, it just puts you on the side that would best balance the teams out. That would help with this issue and you wouldn't need to worry about switching sides trying to get a game.

#4 The Jewce Iz Loose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 111 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 05:30 PM

Totally agree, when i'm on and smashing defending i'll tell the other team to switch sides and i'll be more than happy to attack. Much rather have a good game than a smashing

#5 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 17 December 2019 - 08:53 PM

Some of the really good players swap sides to make it more of a contest. Kudos to them.

Other good players stack a super 12-man and go potato farming. They win CBills but lose respect, and often, kill the queue.

From my perspective, FP is best when we have close matches... win or lose.

Edited by Appogee, 17 December 2019 - 08:53 PM.

#6 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 17 December 2019 - 09:38 PM

Mrmike nothing cam compares to the brutal beatings we took in early 2015

PGI will be know for there ability to capture the sense of fighting in big stompy robots

but they also have the ability to give a players how it feels get your head kicked in match after match

brutal stomps are really to nice of a term

had more then a few say they would never play again

#7 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 18 December 2019 - 12:34 AM

Teams even stream snipe these days to try to get wins and still lose lol... That's how low the bar is for MWO.

I can drop solo and carry a game as a single player more often now than ever before. All the good players have mostly given up, a handful left really.

The rest are just LRMers, bracket builds and people that have no interest in teamwork or make the worst calls youve ever heard. Can't blame people for making a group to avoid the absolute joke that is the players left.

Of course there are specific teams that ALWAYS sit defense no matter what, that always makes me laugh.

If I'm in a group, usually it'll be attack purely to add some mediocre challenge to the drop.

#8 RJF Volkodav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 01:50 AM

View Postmrmike5234, on 17 December 2019 - 11:21 AM, said:

RJF is lore-based unit so we play mostly for clan side unless we are forced to play IS, or we have an internal event so dont expect us to jump to IS side. And cmon there were only 4-5 of us playing. [Redacted]

Sad thing that there are almost noone left playing to "balance" so as it have been told - not our fault, blame PGI. That (stomping) is not fun for us too in fact, so we are joining only because there is no place left to play with your teammates except FW.

Edited by draiocht, 27 December 2019 - 02:25 PM.
unconstructive

#9 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 18 December 2019 - 03:14 AM

RJF is very strong in Front , less in the Back ;) very good unit and harsh to win against here

#10 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 09:20 PM

i think what pisses me off is when your "team" seems to cling to strategies that i have never seen work in any team or pug scenario. like "let them come" or "hold locks" or "lets rush the base" (which can work but is never fun). lots of horrible strats that lead to boring play. and thats before you factor in those players who will throw everyone under the bus for a mediocre score or show blatant disrespect of known good drop callers. these people should lose. but having high skill teams actively farming them is just as bad. they can never learn working strategies if they don't ever see one.

#11 The Jewce Iz Loose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 06:06 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 21 December 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

i think what pisses me off is when your "team" seems to cling to strategies that i have never seen work in any team or pug scenario. like "let them come" or "hold locks" or "lets rush the base" (which can work but is never fun). lots of horrible strats that lead to boring play. and thats before you factor in those players who will throw everyone under the bus for a mediocre score or show blatant disrespect of known good drop callers. these people should lose. but having high skill teams actively farming them is just as bad. they can never learn working strategies if they don't ever see one.

12 ppl doing a bad strat together is still better than 12 ppl doing whatever

#12 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 22 December 2019 - 03:39 PM

View PostThe Jewce Iz Loose, on 22 December 2019 - 06:06 AM, said:

No, it's really not. I couldn't care less if the other 11 people want to do a base rush. I ain't helping.

#13 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 05:48 PM

View PostThe Jewce Iz Loose, on 22 December 2019 - 06:06 AM, said:

usually when this happens its not a real drop caller though. usually just some scrub trying to use the team as a meat shield, and they end with a really bad score at the end. real drop callers usually call effective strategies and actually participate in them.

#14 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 05:57 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 22 December 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

No, it's really not. I couldn't care less if the other 11 people want to do a base rush. I ain't helping.

i play to shoot rabbits, and if im not doing that, i feel like im letting the team down. i dont want to wait 30 minutes for a 2 minute game. nobody does. we should get rid of all the token objectives since they are just little gotchas that when used just make the game boring, and otherwise are completely irrelevant to the game play.

#15 The Jewce Iz Loose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 11:37 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 22 December 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

bad strat and base rushing are two different things. Normally when you see base rushing is when 1 team is op, the lesser team will objective rush. Not a bad strat.

View PostLordNothing, on 22 December 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

usually when this happens its not a real drop caller though. usually just some scrub trying to use the team as a meat shield, and they end with a really bad score at the end. real drop callers usually call effective strategies and actually participate in them.

i've called bad strats, but most are good. learning experience.

#16 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 24 December 2019 - 03:36 PM

I reckon trying to go for objectives is fine when, after the first two waves, it's clear you'll be unable to win* on kills.

Having that option can motivate an enemy team to stop turtilng, stop camping, bring something other than TC8 max range sniping decks, etc. It adds to the strategic element of the game, and can turn a slow grind match into something more interesting.

(However, base-rushing from the outset on Incursion is just straight-out naff. It's hard enough getting a match together, without wasting it on that.)

#17 Trump Card

• Pip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 06:11 PM

I'd say, overall, at least two out of three FW matches I've played resulted in a lame, unbalanced experience where my team clubbed, or got clubbed. But so what? The amount of satisfaction I get out of that one match, especially when played as part of a coordinated team, makes all other bs seem like a small price to pay. And to be honest, getting stomped always ups my game more than anything else. The stress forces me into survival mode where things like positioning, torso twisting, making every shot count, heat management, ect suddenly become a necessity, rather than a luxury.

#18 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 25 December 2019 - 04:36 AM

For the most part, I think the majority of FP games I've played over the last week or two have been pretty closely balanced. There's been a stomp or two, and I've even been on the right side of some of them, but for me at least things have been close hard fought fun. Is that because there's basically just like 4 superplayers left?

#19 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 09:13 AM

Killing MWO's top player hiding inside his daily 12man streaming group, or a pug from a solo group, or just a disconnected mech... is worth the exact same reward.

Until that is fixed, players will focus on taking the least possible risks to reap the greatest possible rewards, which sure enough consists in grouping the strongest possible hand-picked 12man group you can come up with, to go farm the weakest possible random solo team.

Switch the scoring method from rewarding risk avoidance to rewarding risk taking, and the matches will also switch from auto-unbalancing to auto-balancing themselves.

#20 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 25 December 2019 - 09:22 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 25 December 2019 - 09:13 AM, said:

Killing MWO's top player hiding inside his daily 12man streaming group, or a pug from a solo group, or just a disconnected mech... is worth the exact same reward.

Until that is fixed, players will focus on taking the least possible risks to reap the greatest possible rewards, which sure enough consists in grouping the strongest possible hand-picked 12man group you can come up with, to go farm the weakest possible random solo team.

Switch the scoring method from rewarding risk avoidance to rewarding risk taking, and the matches will also switch from auto-unbalancing to auto-balancing themselves.

Does anyone still care about rewards? Some 12 man groups form to farms pugs, others form to fight the 12 mans farming pugs, and others because after being passed 4 times in a row with your 4man you just say f it and start inviting anyone and everyone.

If the scoring method is based on risk taking and not avoidance you'll be scoring 0 most drops

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users