Op Teams In Fw

81 replies to this topic

#21 VigorousApathy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 130 posts
  • LocationI have no idea. Im getting sky high in a spider 5v.

Posted 25 December 2019 - 10:49 AM

Lol I come back from break and theres the same 80 people playing FP every night with a few new faces from.... idk, group que?

The solution to balance would be to throw everybody in a single bucket with no regard to groups or faction allegiance.

The problem with that, is who will play if you cant play with your friends? Then theres the issue of lore folk not wanting to play specific factions.

Now I personally am just as happy shooting my friends as I am playing with them, but that is not going to be satisfying for everybody so....

Idk how to square these 2 issues, it is what it is. `\_(^.^)_/`

#22 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 06:23 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 25 December 2019 - 09:22 AM, said:

If the scoring method is based on risk taking and not avoidance you'll be scoring 0 most drops

There's a simple way to reward risk taking despite the broken matchmaking system, that would have the side effect of projecting me straight to the top of just about any kind of legitimate leaderboard, while sending primo wannabes straight to the bottom...
But since MWO is in sleep mode, I'll wait till PGI wakes up next year to suggest it... so they can actively ignore it as usual, instead of only passively ignoring it this time :P

#23 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 06:47 PM

Well, most of your suggestions are bad soooo...

#24 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 09:44 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 25 December 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:

Well, most of your suggestions are bad soooo...

We can't even agree that the fakely named "lrm balance patch" was mostly one big massive lrm nerf, with ams buffs, and massive nerfs to indirect locks, TAGs and ECMs... although not a single well know lrm user likes it while notorious lrm haters have trouble hiding how much they love it.

So yea, you don't like anything I say, you never will, I got that a long time ago already.

#25 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 02:28 AM

LRMs were buffed.

The only reason you don't like the IDF changes is because you choose to play like a toxic ******* 99% of the time.

#26 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 26 December 2019 - 02:42 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 26 December 2019 - 02:28 AM, said:

LRMs were buffed.

The only reason you don't like the IDF changes is because you choose to play like a toxic ******* 99% of the time.

This.

Hiding behind 11 other players.

LRMs were HARD BUFFED. Some were just to, unskilled, to adjust.

End of story.

#27 MisterSomaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 252 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 02:49 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 25 December 2019 - 09:44 PM, said:

We can't even agree that the fakely named "lrm balance patch" was mostly one big massive lrm nerf, with ams buffs, and massive nerfs to indirect locks, TAGs and ECMs... although not a single well know lrm user likes it while notorious lrm haters have trouble hiding how much they love it.

So yea, you don't like anything I say, you never will, I got that a long time ago already.

alright smart one, a direct buff to velocity, and an even shorter path to the enemy with reduced spread when firing lrms with direct line of sight to your target is a NERF? Mathematically, how can you explain your reasoning? shall we go back to fifth grade? mayhap third? Please, explain your reasoning. Why is greater theoretical DPS and killing potential a nerf? Or are you just unable to play in a non toxic leeching manner that fully uses the strengths of direct fire lrms when you're sitting 1K away from the fight behind a hill?

Edited by MrSomaru, 26 December 2019 - 02:50 AM.

#28 The Jewce Iz Loose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2022 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 111 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 03:00 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 25 December 2019 - 06:23 PM, said:

There's a simple way to reward risk taking despite the broken matchmaking system, that would have the side effect of projecting me straight to the top of just about any kind of legitimate leaderboard, while sending primo wannabes straight to the bottom...
But since MWO is in sleep mode, I'll wait till PGI wakes up next year to suggest it... so they can actively ignore it as usual, instead of only passively ignoring it this time Posted Image

You are garbage, all you do is sit back with lrms. Primo is 10x the player you are and he is garbage. Do you even own 1 single mech with direct fire weapons? Send you to the top of leaderboards LMFAO.

#29 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 26 December 2019 - 03:35 AM

View PostThe Jewce Iz Loose, on 26 December 2019 - 03:00 AM, said:

You are garbage, all you do is sit back with lrms. Primo is 10x the player you are and he is garbage. Do you even own 1 single mech with direct fire weapons? Send you to the top of leaderboards LMFAO.

He does.

I could not sit here in good conscience and say otherwise.

That said - he gets absolutely DESTROYED when he uses it because he then is not hiding behind 11 other players, in cover, LRMing, while they "hold the locks". That is what happens when you have a purely parasitic play style. You cannot adjust to anything else because that requires some basic skill and awareness as opposed to standing still & clicking a single mouse button for 15mins

Edited by justcallme A S H, 26 December 2019 - 03:38 AM.

#30 Aivazovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 05:17 AM

You guys have so much hatred. I like Humlble Dexter. He's just like a puppy - just as cute and awkward when playing non-LRM. His absurd attempts to pilot Piranha cause me tears of tenderness.Posted Image Watching him is like watching a kiwi nestling trying to fly up.Posted Image In fact, he is gentle and vulnerable. Yesterday he was very upset when i finished mistmatch on domination and did not let him farm PUG's (score was 46-23 or something like that). Understand that: Humble has no idea what competition is, honor, dignity - and the world is cruel and terrible for him. As Voyager flies through space because it can, so Humble swims in the void and presses the left mouse button.Be more tolerant, brothers. HELL NO

#31 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 09:18 AM

I heard there was free booze in here?

I WAS LIED TOO

#32 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 01:34 PM

Rubbing each other's shoulders won't change the fact you spend the huge majority of your games hiding in hand selected OP groups, full 12man group or not, in which it doesn't even matter who's in front or behind... to go artificially raise you win rate by using group mechanics to go farm weak random groups well bellow your grouped team's level.

And that players behaving that way despite knowing FP has no separate solo/group queue to keep things from going south, is the kind of reason why potential new players give up on FP and MWO early, which has nothing to do with me hiding in front, behind or on top of my huge majority of average win rate solo teams.

View PostThe Jewce Iz Loose, on 26 December 2019 - 10:53 AM, said:

my groups are anywhere between 2-12

But what is your FP team win rate made of : More like a reasonably average ~1.0 win rate, or more like a way overblown team win rate because of how much group farming it's made of ?

My own win rate is an honest 1.17, as far as the official Leaderboard goes. And if it's not an overblown OP win rate, it's entirely because neither is my reliance on group farming to boost it out of proportions.

My definition of a fun match is close to 48-47, your definition of a fun match is closer to 48-0 : By my definition, the majority of your matches totally suck, so much that they're sucking the fun (and players) out of FP.

So keep patting each other's shoulders all you want, and maybe go sync a worthwhile group VS group match for once while your at it : Your win rate might drop, but only to it's true value.

Edited by Humble Dexter, 26 December 2019 - 01:36 PM.

#33 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 26 December 2019 - 01:39 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 26 December 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

Rubbing each other's shoulders won't change the fact you spend the huge majority of your games hiding in hand selected OP groups, full 12man group or not, in which it doesn't even matter who's in front or behind... to go artificially raise you win rate by using group mechanics to go farm weak random groups well bellow your grouped team's level.

And that players behaving that way despite knowing FP has no separate solo/group queue to keep things from going south, is the kind of reason why potential new players give up on FP and MWO early, which has nothing to do with me hiding in front, behind or on top of my huge majority of average win rate solo teams.

But what is your FP team win rate made of : More like a reasonably average ~1.0 win rate, or more like a way overblown team win rate because of how much group farming it's made of ?

My own win rate is an honest 1.17, as far as the official Leaderboard goes. And if it's not an overblown OP win rate, it's entirely because neither is my reliance on group farming to boost it out of proportions.

My definition of a fun match is close to 48-47, your definition of a fun match is closer to 48-0 : By my definition, the majority of your matches totally suck, so much that they're sucking the fun (and players) out of FP.

So keep patting each other's shoulders all you want, and maybe go sync a worthwhile group VS group match for once while your at it : Your win rate might drop, but only to it's true value.

Posted Image

#34 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 01:44 PM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 26 December 2019 - 01:39 PM, said:

*breaking forum rules*

The topic of this thread is "OP teams in FW", and the trolls responsible for that, are also responsible for derailing this thread's topic.

#35 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 01:48 PM

How dare teams form to play in the end game unit-centric team mode.

It sounds like you want to play solo games, perhaps you should try solo Q instead of being an active burden to whatever FP team you get on.

#36 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 26 December 2019 - 01:52 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 26 December 2019 - 01:44 PM, said:

The topic of this thread is "OP teams in FW", and the trolls responsible for that, are also responsible for derailing this thread's topic.

Nah, Thats not what it is. Its you trying to turn this into "I deserve to be on the top of a meaningless leader board cause all i do is solo drop in a team based game mode and that mats me special!" Thread.

Posted Image

There is no such thing as an OP team in this mode. Its definitively impossible There are teams that work together and those that dont. That is all.

#37 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 26 December 2019 - 02:21 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 26 December 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

lol @ this match the other day as soon as Humble sees EVIL tags he calls it a 12 man. Cries the entire match.

It was a ******* 6 man.

a lot of people, they see a few names or tags they recognize right away they assume 12 MAN!!!!! when in fact it's often like a 4-6

View PostHumble Dexter, on 26 December 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

dude nobody gives a flying f*** about the FP leaderboard (maybe primus). And nobody, I mean nobody thinks a 48-0 is a fun match

#38 Nathan White

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • 656 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 02:40 PM

Posted Image

#39 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 02:43 PM

I'm just tired of dude crying about teams in the team mode. Especially because his idea of teamplay is standing in a ditch in zimbabwe so he can sandbag his team and get free locks.

Go play quick play if you want to solo against solos.

Or stop being a pariah dipshit and make some friends.

Edited by Prototelis, 26 December 2019 - 02:44 PM.

#40 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 03:40 PM

Furthermore he gets carried to a positive W/L despite sandbagging his team in literally THOUSANDS of games, seems the matchmaker has been VERY generous to old Dex.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users