Free Games On Epic Store

9 replies to this topic

#1 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 December 2019 - 12:23 PM

Yes we all know the 'ISSUE'

Just wanted to share for any that don't have EGS and or are teething at the bit of indecision.

Since getting the EGS initially for the MW5 demo, I've added Rayman Legends (classic now) Jotun and the Wolf Among Us (currently free until 12/19) all free. I haven't had to install them to be granted ownership.

Also, the launcher isn't shy about telling you a free game is available.

All the games are listed as $14.99 value, and EGS offers a free game what seems every other week. Of the 3 I listed, Wolf Among Us is the one I will probably actually give some time.

There are obviously disparities between Steam and EGS, but at least I get to enjoy the difference.

And give all my information to China Posted Image

Edited by Jackal Noble, 17 December 2019 - 12:24 PM.

#2 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 12:39 PM

k

#3 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 12:39 PM

View PostJackal Noble, on 17 December 2019 - 12:23 PM, said:

Just wanted to share for any that don't have EGS and or are teething at the bit of indecision.

Since getting the EGS initially for the MW5 demo, I've added Rayman Legends (classic now) Jotun and the Wolf Among Us (currently free until 12/19) all free. I haven't had to install them to be granted ownership.

All the games are listed as $14.99 value, and EGS offers a free game what seems every other week. Of the 3 I listed, Wolf Among Us is the one I will probably actually give some time.

There are obviously disparities between Steam and EGS, but at least I get to enjoy the difference.

Thank you, I will have to try those free games.

#4 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 12:44 PM

i keep forgetting to at least add the free game offerings to my library.

#5 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 December 2019 - 12:46 PM

View PostJackal Noble, on 17 December 2019 - 12:23 PM, said:

The Escapists is also free till 19th Posted Image

So 2 games this week.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 01:06 PM

When you type free into the search, you get two "free game collections"
Be sure to check both, the resulting game list is different.

#7 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 17 December 2019 - 01:13 PM

Yeah, yeah.. freeee! No, I wont touch even free games on EGS. MW5 will be the only hting I play there until Steam/ GoG release.
And they are talking about what 5 DLC for MW5? Take it with a grain of salt, I read it somewhere when I surfed on my mobile.
Gotta keep myself from getting those until a year have passed..

#8 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 01:28 PM

I also pick up a free game from time to time. So far I have 4-5 games and in some cases I am happy that I haven't spend money on them.

Man Demos where cool back in the days so you knew what you would get instead of hopeing that its your type of game.
I have so many games on steam that where recommended but I only played for a few hours because they are not my kind of game even though people tell me "You have to play that"

#9 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 December 2019 - 02:26 PM

View PostTordin, on 17 December 2019 - 01:13 PM, said:

Yeah, yeah.. freeee! No, I wont touch even free games on EGS. MW5 will be the only hting I play there until Steam/ GoG release.
And they are talking about what 5 DLC for MW5? Take it with a grain of salt, I read it somewhere when I surfed on my mobile.
Gotta keep myself from getting those until a year have passed..

I haven't installed them. It doesn't hurt to add to the library before the time expires. That way it's win win, if I do decide why not, I'll play this game that I got for free.

#10 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 12:02 PM

They have been giving away at least one game a week for a year now. I didn't have an account till the summer, but i got 30 so far. I did miss some really good games from earlier in the year, but ohh well.

They are doing a 12 day's of daily give aways starting thursday i wonder what they will be!

BTW, ubi soft, and steam does give away games from time to time. Origin used to with it's on the house program, but not any more with the game pass started. GoG just gave away 2 games, i think one is still going on called Postal 2.

Over the years i've grabbed at least 100 games for free on various platforms. Many of them were great games.. Mass effect 2, witcher 1&2, Sims 2 and 4, Splinter cell, and tons of other RPG's. adventure and strat games.. Checking PC Gamer is a great way to keep up on all the freebiees :)

Edited by JC Daxion, 18 December 2019 - 12:05 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users