• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 18 December 2019 - 12:02 AM

I've bought the following..

1. Commando TDK : Came with 4 DHS and some MLs

2. Wolverine Quarantine : 3 DHS and regular weapons

3. Hunchback Grid Iron : Gauss, Gauss ammo bins and DHS galore!

#2 Thorasta

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 12:33 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 18 December 2019 - 12:02 AM, said:

I've bought the following..

1. Commando TDK : Came with 4 DHS and some MLs

2. Wolverine Quarantine : 3 DHS and regular weapons

3. Hunchback Grid Iron : Gauss, Gauss ammo bins and DHS galore!

Urbanmech - came with 8 DHS. Stole the DHS and then sold it back.

Spider-A - I feel the AMS ought to be useful, but I don't seem to get attacked by missles often. I'm probably ready to sell it.
Javelin-HT -- This thing kills everything, but might require the player to pilot. I take it on 270 ton missions and tend to get double the damage of my lance.
Kintaro-GB LRM10, 4xLRM5, and then three medium pulse lasers. especially effective if you use F1-F3 to tell the lance to run ahead of you.

Has anyone seen a hero firestarter?

#3 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 18 December 2019 - 03:56 AM

View PostThorasta, on 18 December 2019 - 12:33 AM, said:

Has anyone seen a hero firestarter?

Yep, I got the Ember. It's my ride when I'm not piloting the (poerful) Javelin hero.

The hero Hunchback is always in my lance, but I striped the hero Spider and sent it to cold storage.

Gotta catch em all.

#4 cszolee79

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 55 posts
  • LocationBudapest

Posted 18 December 2019 - 05:10 AM

Cyclops Hero is my favorite. 64kph, 544 armor, 3x ML, 1x SRM4 and... dual Gauss! Oh yes, please.
Catapult Hero: 2x LPL, 4x SL, the can opener. 73kph with jump jets. AMS - I'm not sure it is very effective. Rather have two more double heatsinks.
Awesome Hero: 68kph, PPCs and lurms.
The rest I only bought for the double heatsinks or the Gauss guns.

Although there is a Banshee hero, 64kph, with decent weapon loadout, armor, etc. But an Atlas is generally better.

#5 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 07:56 AM

I have the TDK - good value buy, definitely worth it all the way.

I saw Golden Boy for sale, didn't have enough money as it's 9mil, so I took a couple of missions, went back to get it. Upon getting back to the star system, there's no golden-boy. The home screen still shows "Hero Mech: GoldenBoy Available", but clicking on it just brings up a list of disappointing mechs which aren't goldenboy.

I reloaded from the save before the last mission I did, and the hero mech symbol, and home page sign were still there, no golden boy however, though there was a nice Warhammer 6R in it's place, it's not the same by a long stretch.

#6 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 December 2019 - 08:03 AM

I'm still searching for the BoahsHead Atlas, the only fast 100t mech in the IS. Posted Image

#7 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 18 December 2019 - 08:16 AM

Just bought the IV4. Apart for the 2 DHS, it isn't really worth it. But it's there in my collection.

#8 overheal

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 09:16 AM

Had bought none, because I couldn't see a difference with most of them. Didn't notice double heatsinks or else I would have bought some.

#9 Maxx Blue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 370 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:13 AM

Bought an Arrow and an Oxide. Oxide was a waste, but I like the Arrow. I stripped off the DHS and LPL for singles and a regular large laser. It isn’t the toughest mech, but having six MGs is handy for skilling up AI pilots on ballistics. Plus, if I pilot it, those MGs are deadly in a brawl.

i saw the Wolverine hero, but passed on it as I already had a well built shadowhawk and a Kintaro with Artemis SRMs that were basically just as good.

don’t think I saw any others, but I haven’t been all that diligent in looking at every hero that shows up. I probably should, if for no other reason than the DHS!

Edited by Maxx Blue, 18 December 2019 - 10:16 AM.

#10 Flyby215

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 888 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay

Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:33 AM

GridIron is definitely the king of my dropship; though I haven't gotten very far in the game. Unlimited spawns on non-warzone missions are ruining the experience for me so I've had to put the game down for a bit...

I also picked up the Arrow and the Quarantine, both mechs are very good for AI lancemates, although the Arrow tends to get focused at a lot.

#11 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 02:03 PM

I WISH they hadn't coded every mech to have only single heat sinks in their engines, even the Hero ones. I don't mean the engine space ones for 275 and higher rated engines. I mean the basic freebie ones that are completely internal on any engine of a 250 rating or higher (or even the 2 inside the 60 rating of the Hero urbie). There are non-hero mechs that appear in the game with DHS as factory spec (mauler 1R, Zeus 5S, Atlas K, etc) who's heat cooling figures are lower than if they had the correct # of DHS.

#12 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 05:15 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 18 December 2019 - 08:16 AM, said:

Just bought the IV4. Apart for the 2 DHS, it isn't really worth it. But it's there in my collection.

It's definitely a good mech for 60 tons. 2 UAC5, 2 SRM6. JJ all the time for pop-up attacks.

I've got

K9
SC
TDK
Oxide
HT
Anansi
YLW
GI
Quarantine
IV4
Butterbee
Top Dog
BW
Protector
Heavy Metal x2

I've passed on the Vindi and Dragon heroes. Looking forward to a Sleipnir the most. My dual gauss King Crabs need a friend!

#13 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 18 December 2019 - 06:53 PM

I prefer the regular Quickdraw to run MLs and SRM 4s. It runs at 81 kph.

#14 Button man

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 09:14 PM

wolverine and spider
and i am afraid to give them to pilots cause they seem to be so stupid they keep losing weapons and arms and legs and stuff

Edited by Button man, 18 December 2019 - 09:15 PM.

#15 Luminis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:17 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 18 December 2019 - 08:16 AM, said:

It does come with an XL engine and, I think, FF armour. As such, it has significantly more free tonnage than most regular Mechs. It can carry 2x AC10 or, better yet, 2x LB10-SLD better than any Jägermech or Rifleman, except for the Legend Killer which is even better (Endo Steel + XL engine).

View Postoverheal, on 18 December 2019 - 09:16 AM, said:

Had bought none, because I couldn't see a difference with most of them. Didn't notice double heatsinks or else I would have bought some.

Some / many come with XL engines, Endo Steel, Ferro Fibrous Armour or a combination of those upgrades. And since XLs don't kill / cripple on ST loss and ES / FF don't take up slots, there's absolutely no downside to that. It's just additional tonnage, free of charge.

On topic:
I basically stopped buying anything that isn't a hero. Waste of C-Bills, most of the time.

#16 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:46 PM

View PostLuminis, on 18 December 2019 - 10:17 PM, said:

It does come with an XL engine and, I think, FF armour. As such, it has significantly more free tonnage than most regular Mechs. It can carry 2x AC10 or, better yet, 2x LB10-SLD better than any Jägermech or Rifleman, except for the Legend Killer which is even better (Endo Steel + XL engine).

Hmm.. I don't know. The arms mounts are low and well, it's arm mounts. The AI tend to get it blown off. The reason one particular AI pilot doesn't get my Jagermech shot too badly is 'cause the firepower doesn't invite aggro. Plus, when I start backing away, the AI tends to peek better over the hill 'cause of the high mounts.

I guess I'll try it out for a bit and see how it goes. Having brawl loadouts for the AI lance-mates is kind of bad 'cause they don't fire often and on top of that, they seem to struggle when having weapons that have different optimal ranges. I've noticed that my Orion that has a BF AC10 + LRM 15, MLs and 2 SRM4s when in the hands of my AI lance-mate performs really badly and loses both arms often. I've seen that AI wait around to fire the AC10 first before unloading the SRMs and then fire the MLs. I've just stood and watched him do that exact action even when the cooldowns were ready. AC10 -> SRM -> ML sequence.

#17 Luminis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 December 2019 - 11:00 PM

Yeah, didn't hang the IV-4 to the AI too often. I just used it myself for a good while.

The Mechs I like to hand to my AI the most are my MPL Top Dog (8 MPL with SHS or 9 with DHS) and my quad AC2 Black Widow. I might have to take the MLs off the BW, though, considering your observations. It does explain why it doesn't put as many shots downrange as I expected it to.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users