Gah. Building This Atlas As7-D Is Killing Me.

6 replies to this topic

#1 Thorasta

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 02:31 AM

I left the AC20 alone. I'm in the habit of shooting the arm or torso off of anything that has it before aiming at the core, so just the single pip ac20 is all I have.

I upgraded the four medium lasers to triple pip medium pulse lasers. (+4 tons)
I yanked out the srm
I upgraded the LRM 15 to a three pip LRM 20-ST + ART IV. Can't decide if that's better, or four pip LRM15 + four pip LRM10. Theory is more missiles will hit with the 20 stream plus Artemis.

Had to yank one heatsink. Will upgrade with DHS when I get some next.

For an atlas, it feels... meager on the weapons. It galls me to leave the medium missile slot empty.

#2 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 18 December 2019 - 02:56 AM

LRM 20s are kind of inefficient when it comes to damage-vs-weight-vs-heat. If you're undecided on missiles, I'd rather put LRM 15s and a Gauss when you get the chance and stuff some MLs in there.

Up close, you can use the Gauss + MLs and for ranged engagements, you have LRMs and Gauss. Just pepper them from afar and then let them close in. This would work for Raids and other missions where you can keep your distance but for Defense and Warzone, you'd be better off bringing some dakka and/or SRMs.

Try using MPLs for now with the AC20 if you have them. Maybe they will work better in a brawl.

#3 MiG77

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • LocationThird tree from the left

Posted 18 December 2019 - 03:27 AM

I just build my Atlas AS7-D like I used long time ago it in MWO. 4ML, AC20 (burst), 2 SRM6 + ART. It is wrecking things very fast in close range. When I get enought pulse lasers, Im going to upgrade ML for them. Only thing is that it does not have long range weaponry, but thats why AI mechs had some long range weapons.

Edited by MiG77, 18 December 2019 - 03:29 AM.

#4 Thorasta

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 04:05 AM

View PostMiG77, on 18 December 2019 - 03:27 AM, said:

I just build my Atlas AS7-D like I used long time ago it in MWO. 4ML, AC20 (burst), 2 SRM6 + ART. It is wrecking things very fast in close range. When I get enought pulse lasers, Im going to upgrade ML for them. Only thing is that it does not have long range weaponry, but thats why AI mechs had some long range weapons.

2x SRM6 + ART -- THIS is what I needed help with. Yes, makes much more sense, gives me several spare tons to play with too. Too bad about the no long range I guess.

A note on the LRM 20 STREAM + ART -- it is slow firing due to the stream, but almost every missile hits the target. Not only that, but if they are facing you almost every missile hits center torso. If you could fit two of them on a mech, you'd dominate the world.

Posted Image

Edited by Thorasta, 18 December 2019 - 04:06 AM.

#5 MiG77

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • LocationThird tree from the left

Posted 18 December 2019 - 04:31 AM

Yep, SRM's with ART will hit very small area aswell -> With that AS7-D build all your weapons can be pretty much aimed to opponent CT and those will die very quickly. Also you can have pretty much max armor and enought heatsinks it to run very cool. As I said previously only problem is long range, but I usually just build mech to fill certain role anyway (Brawlers, Snipers, Suppors, etc but not jack of all trades) and that Atlas fill Brawler role very well.

#6 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 18 December 2019 - 05:03 AM

The AS7-D is a total valid menacing machine of war, how dare you are to think you can improve it - Posted Image

#7 Thorasta

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 05:25 AM

I swapped the AC20 for a Gauss I robbed off my hero Orion, and added a few DHS. It can now pew things far away. Holy crap, the thing is almost as accurate as a laser.

Edited by Thorasta, 18 December 2019 - 05:26 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users