Leopard Qol Improvements

1 reply to this topic

#1 overheal

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 08:35 AM

We spend a lot of time in this tiny, pretty, articulated, yet cramped space bus, so I imagine these gripes are pretty universal:

Stop Spawning me next to Fahad

Please.

Fahad is rarely ever interacted with, especially compared to whatsherface.

And the Battlemech console in front of you never likes being engaged with/is bugged, so you just end up using Tab, and defeats the whole point of immersion with the panels.

And if I'm getting into and out of a mech it's up on the gantry! There's a moving platform for this! I should be getting "in" and "out" of the mech, there!

So I end up having to run up those stairs way too many times - and every time I notice the catwalk model is clipped up by the bridge when you look at it from underneath....

Also please put content on the screens in the captains ready room

Loading times for contracts will be a fact of life - there should be in-game tie-in here, not just a progress bar in the lance screen. I mean the leopard should go to Condition Yellow or something when your contract is ready for drop/is loaded, so I can kill my time whiling around the ship, staring at all the details that were bothered to be put in. The current "..." at the top left of the screen is ambiguous and doesn't seem to change or indicate when loading is complete.

I hope other rooms of the ship will be added for the sake of detail later as well.

Those harnesses on the Leopard, next to each mechbay, I assume these are to haul up the mech from a combat zone when it can't otherwise walk in to the side door? Then, the harnesses don't appear to have sufficient gantry/rail length to extend out over the drop-chute of each mechbay. If I'm right that is.

Physically speaking, where is my cold storage? Have I lived on a leopard for 10 years? That's depressing. No vacations? Most of that time was plotting revenge! Where's the mess hall? Can I not access the bridge, why?

Lot's of clipping going on with some of the robot arms, depending on the mech, but the devs probably spotted that, and the one arm that kept popping off into nowhere. Love the idea though, would like to see more articulation actually, like weld-lines.

Can I get around to hiring mech techs?

#2 Maxx Blue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 370 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:23 AM

I don’t agree with everything, but I do agree that spawning by Fahad sucks. I would personally prefer to spawn on the bridge, but the upper gantry would at least be an improvement. As it is, I didn’t even realize the screens up on the bridge did anything for several missions because I had never looked at them!

Also, that mech console you spawn next to is always broken for me as well, and the repair arms do clip through some mechs for me. The repair arm was elbow-deep into my Warhammmer’s left torso, and didn’t seem to mind!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users